Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Nugs

Title
    White Russian

Default Nugs

Post those nugs you've been creeping, no one will ever find them...

Title

i saw this curb planter thing in the middle of a parking lot with a big stump in the middle, i gotta get a picture of it i bet it would be so much fun...

Title
    White Russian

Super sick, post the pic. Yeah I'm always snapping photos of places I want to skate. I want to do tricks at all the above spots. Figured this could be a fun thread.

Title
    Retired Staff

2nd and 3rd look really sick. Not sure what the plan is on the first... 50-50 hippie ollie or something? Holy ender...

Title
    B.A.T. Man

I like the idea for this thread.

Title
    Rook'

lol theres so many spots on my local housing estate, that noone in my cities "scene" even know exist, keep saying one day I am gonna hop on my bike and ride round taking pictures and bang em on facebook so the people I skate with can see why it would be worth coming skating them, but I can never be bothered... and it'd look pretty weird going round taking pictures of benches and stairs n stuff on my iphone hehe.

but we are talking gold shit, pretty much only ever skated by me and a couple of guys I used to skate with like 10 years ago

including:
    a school with a 2 flat 2, the flat being about a meter long, several wooden benches that grind nicely, a 5-6 set, all with perfect tarmac runups and landings.
    an area of shops with 2 old planters that have been concreted over where the plants would go, so perfect manny pads, about knee height, grounds roughly flagged tho but still skateable.
    another school that recently had its grounds tarted up so it has some new virgin perfect ledges and some flat rails, and a random quirky bank thats like a really short near vertical kicker which could be interesting to wallie out of etc.
    couple of grass gaps about the size of a typical 4 set in the center of the area, and a curb to bank setup, banks pretty steep, but would be fun to do some flippage onto, another double set nearby thats a 4 flat 5 if memory serves, a 6 set nearby, and some long fat round flat rails behind some shops, so much good shit.

fuck now I wanna go skate em haha

Title
    Industry Rep

I came in here thinking I would find other kind of "nugs" lol

Title
    Romans 10:9-10..check it!

yeah nugs is a pretty retarded way to refer to cool spots.

those all look sick though!

Title
    White Russian

Quote Originally Posted by SSJoe View Post
    2nd and 3rd look really sick. Not sure what the plan is on the first... 50-50 hippie ollie or something? Holy ender...
    Yeah 5050 the 2nd stair hippie jump out, can't wait to try and film that, prolly this weekend.

Title
    Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by popwar isnt war View Post
    Yeah 5050 the 2nd stair hippie jump out, can't wait to try and film that, prolly this weekend.
    Didn't even think of the second stair. I thought you were going for the top with the other bar in the way haha. More realistic now, but still sick.

Looking at it more, that's fucking gnar dude. You don't have time to readjust your feet which should lead to some pretty uncoordinated hippy jumps. Be sure to film haha.

Title
    White Russian

Oh yeah I'm not going to risk potentially eating shit and not have anyone filming. Further inspection of it is required, I felt like I could jump the bar easily.

Title
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

every spot in my town is a nug
    and you're insane if you get that hippie jump
    Last edited by BobbyGanoosh; 03-31-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Title
    Perma Banned

i know a couple i might snap some photos

Title
    Respected User

The ledge on the left.

Title

I don't know exactly what nugs means but im assuming its a randy looking spot?

Title
    Respected User

There's a bunch of really cool spots downtown the problem is that there's security everywhere. I might take pics next time I go cause some of the stuff is just insane.

Title
    White Russian

Night skating

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by zibafu View Post
    lol theres so many spots on my local housing estate, that noone in my cities "scene" even know exist, keep saying one day I am gonna hop on my bike and ride round taking pictures and bang em on facebook so the people I skate with can see why it would be worth coming skating them, but I can never be bothered... and it'd look pretty weird going round taking pictures of benches and stairs n stuff on my iphone hehe.

but we are talking gold shit, pretty much only ever skated by me and a couple of guys I used to skate with like 10 years ago

including:
    a school with a 2 flat 2, the flat being about a meter long, several wooden benches that grind nicely, a 5-6 set, all with perfect tarmac runups and landings.
    an area of shops with 2 old planters that have been concreted over where the plants would go, so perfect manny pads, about knee height, grounds roughly flagged tho but still skateable.
    another school that recently had its grounds tarted up so it has some new virgin perfect ledges and some flat rails, and a random quirky bank thats like a really short near vertical kicker which could be interesting to wallie out of etc.
    couple of grass gaps about the size of a typical 4 set in the center of the area, and a curb to bank setup, banks pretty steep, but would be fun to do some flippage onto, another double set nearby thats a 4 flat 5 if memory serves, a 6 set nearby, and some long fat round flat rails behind some shops, so much good shit.

fuck now I wanna go skate em haha
    I want to skate those spots sooo bad haha.

And the OP's 3rd spot seems the coolest. The first doesn't seem like it has much possible and the second is way too high for my liking.

Title
    Rook'

Quote Originally Posted by Made In China View Post
    I want to skate those spots sooo bad haha.

And the OP's 3rd spot seems the coolest. The first doesn't seem like it has much possible and the second is way too high for my liking.
    haha yes, trouble is I can't get to skate them cause the guys I skate with are all from the far side of my town and cba hopping on a ten minute bus ride to check em out, they would rather skate the "known" spots that all the rippers have decimated over the years, and fuck skating em on my own

I forgot to add this epic handrail thats next to the grass gaps, its like a ten stair handrail, but each step is about a meter long and then typical step height, making for a long ass mellow handrail, and one side of it all the way down is grass, I well wanna boardslide it, reckon I could do it and bailings gonna be fairly painless just fall onto the grass :P

Title
    Respected User

I'll definitely take a few snaps of spots I see next time I see them.

The hardest part for me is actually stepping up to land the trick I have in my mind.

Title
    Respected User

It's not my spot but still. So sick looking.

Title
    Perma Banned

begging for a gap lip^

Title
    Fly Through The Revolution

i dont understand why people only put half of a handrail down a set of stairs. first off, it looks retarded, and second, it's a safety hazard for like the elderly, and third, it wont prevent any hesitation from people like leo to shred it. it's just overall dumb to put those things there like that.

Title
    White Russian

Title
    Writer of Street Poetry

^ haha damn second spot looks fun.