Page 1289 of 1300 FirstFirst ... 2897891189123912791285128612871288128912901291129212931299 ... LastLast
Results 32,201 to 32,225 of 32491
    Title
    Rook'

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateJustSkate View Post
    someone gave me a tip which was basically just set up/treat it the same as an impossible, back foot pretty much straight with the toes hanging off, front foot pretty low down and put most of your weight on the toe side of the board.
    yeah that's exactly how you do them, but then you need the right upper body motion too, they're all in the shoulders. you throw yourself into the rotation so much your upper body should have already spun 180 degrees (on footage) by the time you pop with your tail actually hitting the ground. expect a lot of brutal slip outs upon 270 degrees landings before you figure it out. a hard trick to do properly for sure, i know i put a lot of time and effort learning to do them right about a decade ago. mine just recently started working again after years of not doing them, now i do them all the time to make sure i don't lose them
    'Style is the hallmark of a temperament stamped upon the material at hand.' (André Maurois)

Quote Originally Posted by gsosa View Post
    The sound/feeling of rolling on bricks is the best ever

I was at the skateshop earlier today and saw they had a bunch of signed decks hanging on the walls. They had an old The Firm deck signed by Bucky Lasek. Whatever happened to them? In fact I don't ever recall seeing that brand or even city stars at any skateshop ever....only tony hawk games.

Title
    olwXcrew

firm was founded early 90s? by mountain and barbee, had a bunch of good riders i think they ended around 06? at whichpoint a few people from the firm jumped over to flip (mountain, burnquist and rodrigo tx). you could probably find a few shops that still have firm boards floating around. as for city stars that was kareem campbells venture early 2000s, definitely lots of it floating around in those early to mid 2k videos but i guess it fizzled out. i think he said a few years ago he was bringing it back and it looks like they have a functioning website/some skateshops have been stocking them but nowhere to buy online atleast.

speaking of dead brands i miss crayon skateboards

Title
    Respected User

hey bitches

Title
    olwXcrew

yooooooooo enjois coming near me

Title

^ Awesome man, if they were coming to my town I'd get Caswell to sign my little bros board for him.

Title
    Rook'

yooooooooo enjois coming near me
    They coming to manchester too, dont know if I'm going yet

Had a shit skate today, went to my local, theyd closed like 75% of the park for some photoshoot(non skate related) so the concrete section everyone goes for is closed, we get relegated to the small wooden section thats falling apart, ended up leaving after like an hour or so, had more fun at home kicking my heavy bag than I did skating today

Title
    olwXcrew

Quote Originally Posted by Nsskater93 View Post
    ^ Awesome man, if they were coming to my town I'd get Caswell to sign my little bros board for him.
    no caswell, irc its barletta, raemers, wallin, costa, pilz and some UK heads.

Quote Originally Posted by zibafu View Post
    They coming to manchester too, dont know if I'm going yet

Had a shit skate today, went to my local, theyd closed like 75% of the park for some photoshoot(non skate related) so the concrete section everyone goes for is closed, we get relegated to the small wooden section thats falling apart, ended up leaving after like an hour or so, had more fun at home kicking my heavy bag than I did skating today
    seems a strange route to go london > manchester > newcastle > nottingham > brighton but hey im not complaining, hopefully i can make it out.

Title

I haven't really been able to skate lately... kind of sad about that, been getting back into it. I got to ride a board a bit last weekend but hadn't slept the night before, and it wasn't my board, trucks were way too tight... it wasn't good.

Title
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenhope View Post
    I haven't really been able to skate lately... kind of sad about that, been getting back into it. I got to ride a board a bit last weekend but hadn't slept the night before, and it wasn't my board, trucks were way too tight... it wasn't good.
    Same. I hurt my knee and can't really do anything other than roll around. Life's been pretty stressful outside of that so it sucks that my main defense mechanism is kinda gone at the moment.

Still, treated myself to a nice new Anti-Hero to stare at and do pivots.

Chase Gabor tied a kid down and sodomized him with a screwdriver.

Title
    Respected User

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYBnD0CjJGY/

Ollied a gap, was kinda scary (partly because I don't currently have insurance) but wasn't really too hard to do.

Title
    Respected User

ayyy i see u clearing that rail ^

im bored asf i wish I could go skate somewhere

Title
    olwXcrew

is there any cohesive difference between the different versions of stfs aside from the shape, ie v2 to v5?

Title
    Writer of Street Poetry

End of summer, Endless summer, Endless bummer

stoked to be rolling in Van again

Title
    olwXcrew

lol i could tell that was canada before you said Van, shoutout Lesen SDK

Title
    Rook'

been trying fakie 5050 fakie flip out on a ledge, got close a few times so I feel like I can get it, but its pretty weird, board just wants to tip off the ledge constantly

Title
    olwXcrew

i had this one month where i was doing fakie 5050s really well going fast and throwing half cabs both ways out, full cabs the easy way, shuvs/bigspins etc and ten i just lost them completely.

some weird competition/jam thing going on at my local park next month, never been involved in anything like that so hopefully i can put something together even though there'll probably be like 5/6 people skating at the most lol

Title

Thinking about trying State Footwear after a while of skating Adidas Busenitz. They're on sale really cheap and I can get two pairs for what I normally pay for one. I haven't witnessed any bad reviews of the shoes but they're a new company and I'm kinda hesitant. Has anybody else tried them yet?

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Nsskater93 View Post
    Thinking about trying State Footwear after a while of skating Adidas Busenitz. They're on sale really cheap and I can get two pairs for what I normally pay for one. I haven't witnessed any bad reviews of the shoes but they're a new company and I'm kinda hesitant. Has anybody else tried them yet?
    I havent tried them bur id they were that cheap for thar amount theb i know i would try them
    "You are the only one i want between my legs"
    "Im inflicting bloodshed upon bitches, just because i hate the female race"
    "People are like parasites, worms, infected with disease"

Title

Quote Originally Posted by oneday View Post
    I havent tried them bur id they were that cheap for thar amount theb i know i would try them
    That's what I'm thinking, at 20 dollars a pair I really can't go wrong. I've never witnessed such a crazy sale, even the airwalk shoes at my local department store are more expensive. buy one get one half off and then there's some pairs that are already on sale PLUS an additional 50% off. Not a big fan of supporting places like zumiez but when shit's this cheap I can't really hate.

EDIT- Ended up copping some State Keys ( the slip on model), State Mercer, and some Chuck Taylors all for 80 bucks free shipping. Anybody ever skate denim skate shoes? The mercer's are denim and I was kinda trippin on that but I wanted some mids, so.
    Last edited by Nsskater93; 08-24-2017 at 01:29 PM. Reason: because

Title
    olwXcrew

youll get a session maybe two out of denim, same as canvas. if it aint suede i dont fuck with it

Title

youll get a session maybe two out of denim, same as canvas. if it aint suede i dont fuck with it
    Well they do still have the rubber underlay that's supposed to be on all of the models before you rip through the shoe completely. I'd imagine that would extend the life of the shoes a bit. Still, if it rips that quick I can't see the rubber lasting too long. I'll probably just end up using them more for school/chillin shoes. The other two shoes are mainly suede so I'll be skating them more. Plus I plan on getting some Kyle Walker Pro's for my birthday, so no big deal.

Title

The Sebo Walker video that just dropped on Thrasher is dope af.
    ~Leaf

Title
    Rook'

Got a fakie tailblock into a truckstand on tuesday on a decent bank, filmed it on a tripod, need to get it filmed decently.

Title
    Rook'

got it :)

Looked in my folder of footage, and I think its gonna be time to do something with it soon. Clips there of me skating in jeans, which I havent done for over a year, so definitely time to clear out and make an edit haha.