Page 1226 of 1300 FirstFirst ... 22672611261176121612221223122412251226122712281229123012361276 ... LastLast
Results 30,626 to 30,650 of 32491
    Title
    Perma Banned

The only boards I've focused were Walmart boards and they're no fun to focus. They break like small sticks. I'd never focus a skate-able board though.

Title
    Rook'

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateJustSkate View Post
    you cant eat lunch on the back d bud. thats what were referencing right?

you know whatd be dope, a proper bs boneless hopped into a noseblunt in

i honestly dont get how or why some people find footplants hard or weird to do, i have a strange bag of footplant tricks that confuse the shit out of my friends and some of these are people who can tre flip pretty big sets but they get lost when trying to figure out a sweeper. had a game of skate on a small ramp not long ago and i pretty much beat them 5 tricks in a row with sweeper variations lol

fucking pissing down all day today and for the next few days.
    One of my super technical mates who can do anything, can do back boneless noseblunts haha

And yeah, I dont know how good skaters struggle with them sometimes, baffles my mind.... but then its hilarious when good skaters diss them, then try and fail to do them haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kock sucker Kris View Post
    Umm you're a parkrat you don't know what street skating is. Anyway is it my fucking fault that I don't like the plastic feeling of stfs and they slide too much.
    You know, I dont think I know who you are, and I already think you're an idiot.

And, if you don't like something, that is most definitely your fault

Because I want to pivot my back 360s. And my friends with small wheels and low trucks have like 30 tricks in their trick bag. Even though they may have no pop and stiff style they can still bs heelflip and 360 flip. All I need is low trucks now.
    No one wants to pivot back 360s, pivoting feels shit, popping them properly feels awesome.

Title
    Rook'

Went to a newish indoor park today (in stoke on trent for my fellow british)
    Over an hours drive.... wasnt that good, the layout was cool, has potential, but the people who've built it havent done a brilliant job at implementing ideas.
    Most of the quarter pipes were pointlessly small. The flatbanks were alright. The mini ramps... if you can call them mini ramps were really poorly made, the bigger one basically felt like two flatbanks with coping, and you could feel yourself hitting the transition as you go up each side, made its really difficult to get speed. Rough concrete floor between ramps, that was proper slippy. Like slippy to the point where carving is risky haha
    Had a stepup in there, that didn't have enough depth, get to the top, try to front shove and just hit the step.

That said I got an ok line in there, crook bonked up a rail, to a front rock on a bank to ledge, and wallied out of a ledge end on a funbox.

Wasn't worth the drive though.

Title
    Perma Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zibafu View Post
    One of my super technical mates who can do anything, can do back boneless noseblunts haha

And yeah, I dont know how good skaters struggle with them sometimes, baffles my mind.... but then its hilarious when good skaters diss them, then try and fail to do them haha.

You know, I dont think I know who you are, and I already think you're an idiot.

And, if you don't like something, that is most definitely your fault

No one wants to pivot back 360s, pivoting feels shit, popping them properly feels awesome.
    I don't know who the fuck you are but don't fucking start with me. I am notorious for ripping people apart on sbc.

Title
    Moderator 2: Judgment Day

you're notorious for getting owned by everyone on sbc for being an obnoxious little kid

zibafu is rad as hell and a good skater. He didn't give up like you, you pansy

If your headphones aren’t beats by dre you’re a peasant :^)

Title
    Perma Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Conqueror View Post
    you're notorious for getting owned by everyone on sbc for being an obnoxious little kid

zibafu is rad as hell and a good skater. He didn't give up like you, you pansy

Nobody owns me on sbc

You're just a pinner
    Last edited by Kock sucker Kris; 11-07-2016 at 12:11 PM.

Title

everybody owns me on sbc

i'm a little pinner
    LULz

Title

Visited LA and didn't bring a skateboard, smh.
    the only time I ever landed a backside flip down el toro was when a girl was watching
    Gonna be more careful around storm drains from now on.

Title
    Rook'

Quote Originally Posted by zibafu View Post

i think that has to do with self-confidence (of lack thereof) and how much you have it in your formative years of skating. there are some folks who really want to skate yet are shy or introvert to begin with and will worry about how they look in public, despite skateboarding really encouraging free expression, so they aren't likely to even try anything too far out and will stick to the most popular tricks in order to fit in rather than stand out. which isn't necessarily bad because sometimes they will become amazing at those and shine in that regard later on. but if you make them try anything else they will look like they don't even know where to start and just hopped on a skateboard for the first time.

it's really the same thing as all those kids who do footplants now that they are trendy yet can't even switch flip or backside flip, or skate ledges. to be fair, in that sense over the past few years i've seen it all kind of being turned around.

on the other hand if you're a true skateboarder and don't really give a shit how you're seen in public (you're ridiculous to the masses as soon as you use a skateboard anyway), you will try and learn everything and that will show over the years. also sometimes skateboarding is almost an excuse for introverts to have a moment where they loosen up and go crazy wild. so the issue is complicated but i think it really comes down to that
    'Style is the hallmark of a temperament stamped upon the material at hand.' (André Maurois)

Quote Originally Posted by gsosa View Post
    The sound/feeling of rolling on bricks is the best ever

Title

I used to worry about whether or not my posts were stupid, then Kris came along and made me feel better.

Almost got fakie heels!
    Last edited by Nsskater93; 11-07-2016 at 07:10 AM.

Title

You're doing just fine Nsskater

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title
    Rook'

I don't know who the fuck you are but don't fucking start with me. I am notorious for ripping people apart on sbc.

ripping a bunch of men apart eh, you mean like, from behind ?

And you spent all that time in the random thought thread trying to squash the rumours of your battiness

zibafu is rad as hell and a good skater.

Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    i think that has to do with self-confidence (of lack thereof) and how much you have it in your formative years of skating. there are some folks who really want to skate yet are shy or introvert to begin with and will worry about how they look in public, despite skateboarding really encouraging free expression, so they aren't likely to even try anything too far out and will stick to the most popular tricks in order to fit in rather than stand out. which isn't necessarily bad because sometimes they will become amazing at those and shine in that regard later on. but if you make them try anything else they will look like they don't even know where to start and just hopped on a skateboard for the first time.

it's really the same thing as all those kids who do footplants now that they are trendy yet can't even switch flip or backside flip, or skate ledges. to be fair, in that sense over the past few years i've seen it all kind of being turned around.

on the other hand if you're a true skateboarder and don't really give a shit how you're seen in public (you're ridiculous to the masses as soon as you use a skateboard anyway), you will try and learn everything and that will show over the years. also sometimes skateboarding is almost an excuse for introverts to have a moment where they loosen up and go crazy wild. so the issue is complicated but i think it really comes down to that

You're right there man, A lad I skate with occasionally at my local commented on me footplanting a while ago, I tried to teach him beanplants, but he basically refused to try it because "he definitely wouldn't be able to do it" This is a really good well known skater in Britain too. So there are definitely a lot of skaters who won't get out of their comfort zone with this kinda stuff

Title

Man I wish I lived near my local.... Could just pop in say what's up hang for a bit and get to know the other dudes there. I could take a T but that's $20...

Well I have a job interview in about 2 hours so.... Maybe making a couple trips a month is worth it since I'll be working.

Title
    olwXcrew

imo its pretty dumb people would be embarrassed about doing certain tricks but hey its 2016 so dont varial flip! (or are those a cool in with the trend trick now?). i mean personally i just try and learn stuff that i think is cool or i enjoy doing which is pretty much why apart from a few basics like ollies/180s/shuvs i cant do any switch tricks and im okay with that because repeatedly trying switch stuff on flat isnt my cup of tea. maybe itd make me more consistent sure but i wouldnt have fun doing it.

it always seems funny to me when people can have some super tech tricks in their bag but they cant really skate a little transition. not that theres anything wrong with that but im of the belief that skating transition will improve how comfortable you are on a board, your control and how fast you skate in general. there's no correlation here but ive noticed that a fair majority of those who are more known for ripping transition can also rip in the streets (ie GT) but for the most part you never really see some tech ledge dude ripping tranny.

or maybe im just talking shit as usual in the words of grosso plant your foot fuckers.

Title

^Thats true.
    Luan skates transition really good and he's super tech.

Title
    olwXcrew

brad mcclains instag clips have been rad as fuck lately

Title
    Perma Banned

This skatepark culture of 2016 is getting annoying. Street for life

Title
    Rook'

i've already made a thread about it but fuck it i'll post it here too, it doesn't matter what style of skateboarding or whatever bullshit you're into, you have to watch this, the concept is so insane http://www.skateboard-city.com/messa...ATCH-THIS-SHIT
    'Style is the hallmark of a temperament stamped upon the material at hand.' (André Maurois)

Title
    Rook'

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateJustSkate View Post
    it always seems funny to me when people can have some super tech tricks in their bag but they cant really skate a little transition. not that theres anything wrong with that but im of the belief that skating transition will improve how comfortable you are on a board, your control and how fast you skate in general. there's no correlation here but ive noticed that a fair majority of those who are more known for ripping transition can also rip in the streets (ie GT) but for the most part you never really see some tech ledge dude ripping tranny.
    yeah skating transition will definitely fix a lot of your imbalances and teach you flow, for better or for worse though, everyone doesn't have to be well-rounded and know how to skate everything (it's always better and more fun to, don't get me wrong) but sometimes certain skaters excel in just one field but they are so good at it it's ridiculous, which can be interesting to see. also a lot of the transition guys have interesting styles when they skate street, bob burnquist is a good example, i don't know i like to appreciate everybody's style and skill set for what it is because that's what sets them apart from everybody else, it's always good to be well-rounded but diversity is cool too

oh and the whole point of switch tricks is for lines so you're not limited to just reverting back to regs after landing, say a nosegrind 180 or backside flip or whatever, which results in shitty flow, but then again transition or even just flat banks actually really help you out with that as well, constantly having you correct your balance in all stances, tons of people who rip transition happen to have killer switch tricks, tom penny being such a classic example bringing him up is almost cliché, but still true

Title
    Rook'

i've already made a thread about it but fuck it i'll post it here too, it doesn't matter what style of skateboarding or whatever bullshit you're into, you have to watch this, the concept is so insane http://www.skateboard-city.com/messa...ATCH-THIS-SHIT
    My head hurts haha

Title
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Got a new toy.

Chase Gabor tied a kid down and sodomized him with a screwdriver.

Title

Title
    Rook'

watever happened to cardiel ?

I remember he injured his back, and if memory serves, he basically got told he wasnt gonna walk again, but a few months later I saw a clip of him trying to skate bowls again

Title
    Rook'

pretty sure he still DJ's under the name DJ Juan Love, bikes, and skates around occasionally, so much determination for someone coming back from such an injury. (in a nutshell dude was ran over by a trailer which pretty much broke his spine)

Title
    Rook'

pretty sure he still DJ's under the name DJ Juan Love, bikes, and skates around occasionally, so much determination for someone coming back from such an injury. (in a nutshell dude was ran over by a trailer which pretty much broke his spine)

Damn man, I always thought it was a skate injury.

And tbh, his determination isn't really surprising considering how he used to skate

Its good that he can still roll though