Page 1274 of 1300 FirstFirst ... 2747741174122412641270127112721273127412751276127712781284 ... LastLast
Results 31,826 to 31,850 of 32484
    Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    catching a break from work, my local shop is revamping their whole website and needs me to come up with short text descriptions and summaries of the history of most of the companies they carry, corny shit but still the experience is not entirely devoid of interest, i.e. i've had to update some older descriptions i had already written back in 2010 which never remained public very long, so they were never revised until now - so it's like a time capsule of what those companies used to be, and who their riders used to be at that random point in time, and the contrast with what they are now is crazy. like literally half the guys mentioned now ride for nike or a nike-affiliated company (which my shop doesn't carry so even though back in the day they personally contributed a shit ton to the image of the company i'm describing, i have to list them off), others don't skate anymore or are notorious for getting into some shady shit, and even quite a few people are deceased.

i mean it's nothing new and even something a lot of people have been commenting on all along (industry changes, shifts in focus, major companies taking over etc...) but all debates aside, just having to face the stark contrast between how things were in skating just 7 years ago and how they are now at once still makes for a solid slap. like how are you going to have me introduce girl to the kids without mentioning dudes like koston or mariano as part of the roster ? same goes for shit like flip without boulala, santa cruz keeps changing faces as well, the only guys they still have on the current team they already had 7 years ago are the 'legends' (jason jessee dressen salba... etc.). maybe emmanuel guzman.

and on the other hand you have new companies that really don't have anything to say like fucking pizza skateboards. no proper team announcements, no interviews, no content but a handful of thrasher web clips with the guys literally slaughtering spots yes, but looking like they're training for the olympics whilst doing so (maybe they are ?). no culture whatsoever, looks like they just took a marketable common denominator that most people enjoy as their imagery (pizza), slapped 'skateboards' next to it and there you go, a company. not even dissing what they're doing if they're skater-owned and shit that's cool but still i don't get the bland image, i don't care about you trying to sell me expensive windbreakers with 'pizza' written on it. but i guess that's where we're driven now.

...or introduce Girl to kids without mentioning MikeMo. Too soon? Nah, I actually really hope he fully recovers. Girl seems to need him in the worst way now as far as marketable guys go.

To be serious, I can see the dilemna. Once you actually have something to write about each brand, how relevant will it be in 1, 2 years? I guess you can talk about history and aesthetics so some of each writeup won't need too much updating later on. Then sprinkle in the current big names that the kids might like. Dunno.

Title
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Speaking of coping dancing, learned a new one recently.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT9_bXNlseq/
    Chase Gabor tied a kid down and sodomized him with a screwdriver.

Title
    olwXcrew

that was stylish as fuck, imo you should give blunt pivot fakies a go i think you'd get those

Title
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks! I can actually do blunt pivot fakies. They're super fun. But to this day I still can't do a regular blunt fakie. -_-

Title
    Rook'

Quote Originally Posted by lonechicken View Post
    ...or introduce Girl to kids without mentioning MikeMo. Too soon? Nah, I actually really hope he fully recovers. Girl seems to need him in the worst way now as far as marketable guys go.

To be serious, I can see the dilemna. Once you actually have something to write about each brand, how relevant will it be in 1, 2 years? I guess you can talk about history and aesthetics so some of each writeup won't need too much updating later on. Then sprinkle in the current big names that the kids might like. Dunno.
    thanks for the idea, i did just fine with the task though, didn't take very long, it just felt really funny (in all possible ways) to basically have all that exposed to me all at once, again it's all business i had been aware of all along, it's just the contrast was brutal. 2010 to 2017 has seen the definite adoption of the image of skating by the mainstream pretty much - corporate brands, olympics and all. i grew up skating in an era where our stuff was still mostly ours, now i see the exact same brand names still around except everything is ran so differently by different people. and you've got that extreme but at the same time you also have the opposite effect with so many different reactions to it. i don't know man, i'll just go watch spirit quest or vase again
    'Style is the hallmark of a temperament stamped upon the material at hand.' (André Maurois)

Quote Originally Posted by gsosa View Post
    The sound/feeling of rolling on bricks is the best ever

Title
    Rook'

more gram https://www.instagram.com/p/BT_QxotjrKk/

but most importantly check my homie's skating, he's super sick https://www.instagram.com/p/BT_PuXVjPLf/
    'Style is the hallmark of a temperament stamped upon the material at hand.' (André Maurois)

Quote Originally Posted by gsosa View Post
    The sound/feeling of rolling on bricks is the best ever

Title
    Chronic Discontent
    I am not going there to die, I am going there to find out if I am really alive

Great back foot control

Title
    Rook'

Quote Originally Posted by the_unknown_soldier View Post
    Speaking of coping dancing, learned a new one recently.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT9_bXNlseq/
    Add a shove out :P

Thanks! I can actually do blunt pivot fakies. They're super fun. But to this day I still can't do a regular blunt fakie. -_-

Blunt fakies are scary as fuck haha

Was meant to be skating today, but I must have slept on my neck funny since I can barely turn it.

Yesterday went to the park, had an idea to try to front foot impossible out of a mini ramp, came surprisingly close :o Gonna have to play with that some more.

Was also trying to get my switch front shoves better, more popped, but apparently yesterday was not a good day for trying them since in about 15 minutes I landed 2 shit ones.

Title
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Doing shove its out of tricks on tranny just doesn't work for me, but I may try that trick with a revert or something!

Title
    Writer of Street Poetry

Noticed that vid on insta TUS, super rad

Title
    olwXcrew

seen this clip of schroeder doing a fs 5050 around the tighest bowl corner going frontside which made no sense, and then realised theres a ledge spot like that near me where i think i could do the same thing (albeit itd be a back 5050), basically a corner ledge so itd be a backside 5050 then quickly snapping 90 frontside onto the other ledge. anyone ever seen something like that?

Title
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One of those new Baker kids boardslid a rail that had a straight 90 degree turn. It was tight. There's also a famous spot (assuming in LA) that's a ledge going up and going down that turns 90 degrees. You should hit it up though!

Title
    olwXcrew

oh word yeah i saw that baker one was it a flatbank to a white corner rail? as for the la ledge are you on about those brick school banks that andrew allen did the bs flip into? but yeah definitely gonna give it a blast, been google mapping the shit out of local areas to find funky spots, really need to try and film more.

Title
    Respected User

i learned tres a few days ago, took me like 2 years

Title
    "You are the only one i want between my legs"
    "Im inflicting bloodshed upon bitches, just because i hate the female race"
    "People are like parasites, worms, infected with disease"

Title
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateJustSkate View Post
    oh word yeah i saw that baker one was it a flatbank to a white corner rail? as for the la ledge are you on about those brick school banks that andrew allen did the bs flip into? but yeah definitely gonna give it a blast, been google mapping the shit out of local areas to find funky spots, really need to try and film more.
    Nah, but that AA clip was gnarly. It's in here at 27:21
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsMNyFo58W4

Title

Doing shove its out of tricks on tranny just doesn't work for me, but I may try that trick with a revert or something!
    that ramp is 2ft with no coping you could EASILY do a shuv out and prolly a bigspin out if u actually tried, fs shuv out of tail is way harder , any quarter as mellow , fun and copingless like that gets technically destroyed around here tbh

back 3 revert out would be pretty decent 2

Title
    olwXcrew

Nah, but that AA clip was gnarly. It's in here at 27:21
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsMNyFo58W4
    shit that was fucked, similar to what i mean except pretty much just a 90 degree angle going from one grind and bashing into the next, heres some pretty aesthetic photos of the spot i mean which make it look way better than it is since the building behind is for one of the biggest telecommunication companies here so the floor all got dug up recently and now its fucked.

Title
    olwXcrew

its a damn shame really we have a whole bunch of just nice little cutty random spots dotted all around the city but people would rather sit up the park and smoke weed which dont get me wrong it is a great park and i love skating it but constantly filming at the same park is going to make for one boring video, kinda hard to get the guy who films to come out on a street mission too since i know hes always down for it but he works full time and has a kid on the way. really need to film more since most of my footage with him is like 2014/2015 with a few from 2016 and probably one of the most fucked bails ive had, i swear when his little video comes out my part will be probably 40% slams, 10% street drop ins, 20% tranny, 10% wallies, 5% awful tricks at awful spots and 100% reason to remember the name

heh saying "my part" sounds funny

Title
    Respected User

My back's been killing me. Gotta heal up soon, because I have an off day in two days and don't want to miss out on an extended session. I'm starting to get why old dudes ride bowls and shit.

Title
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Imhiasakite View Post
    that ramp is 2ft with no coping you could EASILY do a shuv out and prolly a bigspin out if u actually tried, fs shuv out of tail is way harder , any quarter as mellow , fun and copingless like that gets technically destroyed around here tbh

back 3 revert out would be pretty decent 2
    I think all of that stuff is harder on such a short ramp cuz you pretty much just go to flat. I can do back tail reverts fine, but on there I always go to flat and barely roll away.

Title

going to nyc in a month what are some famous spots?

Title
    My Balls Itch

i've gone hard the past few days. tomorrow is supposed to storm all day so i can catch a little rest.
    skate or die g times

Title
    Squares Need Not Apply

Quote Originally Posted by igrindtwinkies View Post
    i've gone hard the past few days. tomorrow is supposed to storm all day so i can catch a little rest.
    I've been dying to skate the past 4 days but it's been in the high 80's to 90 or had to work. Then tomorrow it's supposed to storm here tomorrow as well...wind gusts up to 54mph as well -__-

I also hate that only 1 of my friends still skate, all the kids at the park are just terrible human beings and I don't like our "new" park. I miss our old one on the other side of town, there was so much room and it was pure street shit.

Also, I've been wanting to buy new trucks, I haven't bought new trucks in forever, but I'm wondering what size I should get. I've skated Thunders for over 10 years. I've got an 8.25, so should I get 8.25 trucks or 8.0 trucks? Cause the last time I bought trucks I got 7.75 cause I was still skating 8's and I accidentally ordered lows instead of high. I forget what the difference even is so if someone could drop some answers for both those it'd be gr8.

Title
    olwXcrew

Thunder just brought out 148s that match up perfect with 8.25s so I'd probably grab those. 147s would be a little too short and 149s would stick out slightly, ofcourse its all pedantic and wouldn't have a significant negative impact per say aside from the width of the hangars differing slightly but yeah 148s would work. I'm stuck skating an 8.1 with 149/8.5 trucks on it until I get paid (6 days tybg) and aside from looking slightly goofy there's no problems.