Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Title
    Respected User

You'd probably like some of the first stuff I posted, and Woodrot.
    http://www.last.fm/user/SadisticWizard (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Title

On a side note ...

Which one sounds better (or do you like the most) ... Slayerīs OG or: YouTube - ‪SILENT SCREAM (Slayer cover) by VADER‬‏ ?

Title
    Respected User

cmon is that even a question? vader is so much sicker than slayer

fav vader song YouTube - ‪Shadow fear by vader‬‏

edit also YouTube - ‪Vader - Final Massacre (Litany version)‬‏
    Last edited by tsixe_sneila; 03-06-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Title

I know, I know ... but, I mean .. Slayer will always be Slayer .. its just that that Vader cover sound amazing ...

I like the Vader cover better than Sayerīs OG ... but, idk .. as said before ... Slayer is Slayer ... :s

Title
    Respected User

man honestly (i know this is blasphemy) but i never really liked slayer :O

Title

my fav Vader song: YouTube - ‪Vader - Xeper‬‏
    even if my fav Vader album is Black to the Blind ...

and ... yeah .. I can understand you never really liking Slayer .. I never really liked them too although I still believe they (were) an incredible band with some songs and sound and albums that did leave a mark on the history of heavy metal (in general) music ...

I never realy liked Metallica ... I _always_ liked Megadeth a lot better

NOTE: Yes ... Litany was an _awesome_ album !

Title
    Respected User

word i definently still appreciate them being pioneers in metal but i never really got into that "trash" type of metal. i think its because im a musician and i really base alot of how much i like music on the complexity of it all and trash seems to be too simple most of the time not counting solos and what not

Title

Sure thing .. thatīs why I said I could understand you not liking Slayer ... I mean .. even if you are a complete metal head, they still have some signature characteristcs that could make you not like them whereas those same signature characteristcs could be the thing that makes them stand out and set them above the rest for other peopele ... and the way I see it, the same reasons apply to Metallica/Megadeth and thatīs why I mentioned them :)

.. and, by the way, the fact that you are a musician makes it a lot worse as you are more bound to see them (and every other band for that matter) through a different lens ;)

Anyways, and since we jumped right inside the "blasphemy" arena ... here it goes ... : Did death metal reached itīs peak with the release of "Heartwork" by Carcass? Is there a "before" and "after" Carcass released it?

Title
    Respected User

man thats a good question, and idk if im really qualified to provide a just answer. first of all carcass is amazing, i love how theyre style is death metal with more black metal style vox, but thats besides the point. honestly i would say that was only the beginning, so many great bands came after that. offhand the only band im comfortable putting in the same level is decapitated, buts its definitely hard to say anything compares.

Title

Maybe itīs because Iīm kinda old (notice the "kinda") but the way I lived it ... "Scream, Bloody, Gore" was the album that set the stage ... the beginning if youīd like ... and Napalm Death, Morbid Angel, Carcass, Cannibal Corpse, Massacre where the bands that took the gauntlet with Death and Obituary as the most prominent exponent at that time ... then other _awesome_ bands like Pestilence, Cancer, Gorguts, Deicide (wich I never liked), Vader and some others I canīt remember made it shine and pushed it forward as at the same time those other bands I mentioned kept getting better release after release (notable mention on that matter goes to: Death, Carcass, Pestilence and Gorguts, at least in my opinion) ...

Malleus Maleficarum was an awesome album, and Testimony of the Ancients rose the bar to a whole new level (my personal opinion, again) ...

Then "Heartwork" came along and that was it ... there was a new sound to death metal as we knew it ... new releases from any band were compared to "Heartwork" and suddenly all of them begun to get labeled as "old school" or as a "step backwards" (I still remember when I bought "Covenat" by Morbid Angel ... I listened to it and It blew my mind ... weeks after that, every mag review was putting it down as a "regression from the sound of their acclaimed Blessed are the Sick" and, as a result: a bad record ... but even if it was true that it was a move more towards "Altairs of Madness" than a progression from "Blessed are the Sick", "Covenant" was still one hell of a record!! I was like .. wtf !!! and then there was "Slaughter of the Soul" by At Gates ... _duuuuuuuuuuuuude_ !!!) ...

Most of the bands released one or two records after that and then dismembered or change key members on their formation (Pestilence, Entombed, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Napalm Death, Cancer, At the Gates, long list of etc ...) except for Vader and .. Death (which was a "one member band" ... it was Chuck ... no matter who came in or out, Death was Chuckīs band: period) I believe ... It was like Death Metal disappeared completely from the map ... and then Black Metal came along ... and it kicked back into death metal changing its sound once again ...
    Last edited by gnemmi; 03-06-2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: spelling ... and will keep coming back for more spelling the more I read it.

Title
    Respected User

i think it definitely did fall off for a while, hence why i started out with black metal and then was introduced to "older" stuff but at the same time got into core stuff because that was the scene at the time. then a couple years ago i got really heavy into cannibal corpse and that brought me all back to that era and since then ive just been refining my tastes and trying to listen to a good mix of death metal from the past 15 years along with alot of deathcore

Title

Anyone like Caliban?
    YouTube - ‪Caliban - My time has come‬‏
    YouTube - ‪Caliban - I Believe‬‏

They went a little heavier on other albums if you want it to be heavier, but they rock

Title
    Respected User

No.
    http://www.last.fm/user/SadisticWizard (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Title

Damn .. this thread got me back to listening death metal all day long ... ripping my own cds to make them ogg or flac and stuff ..

Does anyone have a copy of ( or has ever listened ) "Dimensions" by Believer?
    How do you guys like it?

Title
    Naragansett Turkey Monkey

Vader, Deicide, Necrophagist, Cannibal Corpse, and Dying Fetus is enough of this genre for me, I think. There's really good death metal out there, but imo 90% of what is actually out there is terrible. Same with black metal, seems like the best music is the stuff that crosses over to other genres - Atheist, Vader, Decrepit Birth, Opeth, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tsixe_sneila View Post
    word i definently still appreciate them being pioneers in metal but i never really got into that "trash" type of metal. i think its because im a musician and i really base alot of how much i like music on the complexity of it all and trash seems to be too simple most of the time not counting solos and what not
    If thrash is simple, what the fuck is blues rock? I disagree, a lot of death metal is as basic or more so than thrash, solos included - and even if it weren't, there tends to be more musicality and overall thought put into thrash music (imo)..

Title
    Respected User

sure there is simple death metal, there's shitty music of all types but there is also so much good death metal too. the point is thrash riffs imo just dont sound as appealing because its mostly a bunch of power chords and its all just a bit too simple to be interesting. dont get me wrong im sure there are some thrash bands out there with alot of skill but im talking about the majority of what ive heard from the genre. honestly i really could give a fuck less idk what point im trying to make but i just dont prefer thrash

Title
    Respected User

YouTube - Nile - The Eye Of Ra

this song is going so hard right now

Title
    Respected User

Damn that shits sick
    Quote Originally Posted by popwar isnt war View Post
    If you're not almost eating shit everytime you step on a
    skateboard you Don't skate fast enough.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by tsixe_sneila View Post
    YouTube - Nile - The Eye Of Ra

this song is going so hard right now
    Even if I donīt like Nile that much, thatīs one sick song.

Title
    Respected User

listening to the new as blood runs black album for the first time, its pretty good

Title
    Respected User

where'd you get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by popwar isnt war View Post
    If you're not almost eating shit everytime you step on a
    skateboard you Don't skate fast enough.

Title
    Respected User

i downloaded it, you can get it on the totaldeathcore blogspot just search as blood runs black on there

Title

^ Iīd posi _so_ much if I could ...
    word: as soon as I get the chance to posi, you can count on mineīs