Title
    Respected User

Default Adidas Busenitz Shoe Review

Adidas Busenitz Shoe Review

- I've been skating these for about a month so far

Appearance: At first I wasn't really feeling it because of how football-ish it looked but after a few days skating them they really grew on me and easily became one of the sexiest shoes I've ever skated. Everything looks really sharp and sexy on the shoe, at first you may not be feeling the tongue at all but don't cut it off after a while it will grow on you and this makes the shoe look even more sexy.
    Appearance: 10/10

Toe Cap: The toe cap is very pointy and 'sharp'. This led to great flick which for me led to more consistent flip tricks. These shoes helped me land Tre's and Hardflips more consistent then ever. If you like to skate flatground or extremely techy flip tricks then I reccomend you to get these shoes. These shoes are a dream to skate in while playing a game of skate as well due to its consistency from the shape of the toe cap. The suede on the toe cap is very strong and does not feel as if it has weakened at all.
    Toe Cap: 10/10

Durability: For me these shoes had pretty good durability factors. The shoe is a thin cupsole so it will last a bit longer then most vulcanised shoes. At first the small size of the rubber outsole in the front bothered me because of how small it was and this caused me to worry about its durability. My fears were although unfounded, the rubber outsole is holding up extremely well as you can see in the picture below. Because of how deep the patterning is on the outsole it takes a long time to go through it. The suede on the shoe lasts along time and has not frayed or ripped at all. The laces have not ripped or have even frayed at all. They've stayed absolutely perfect since I got them. The only problem I think is that the 3rd stripe on the shoe for the adidas logo seems to be ripping rather fast even though its double stitched.
    Durability: 9/10

Comfort:
    I thought these were ridiculously comfortable. Though the tongue does not look that comfy due to its thinness, the lower parts of the tongue is made of thick mesh which is extremely comfortable as well as breathable.The inside of the shoe features two cushions on either side of the ankle due provide comfortable ankle support which really helps with the comfort as well as keeping my ankle snug and in place. When you first see the shoe it does not look that comfy but if you give it a chance you will be proven wrong. Very comfortable shoe despite appearances.
    Comfort: 9/10

Impact Support:
    The impact support of this shoe is not all that great though. There is no special airbag or g2 sole technology its basically spongy rubber. It doesn't necessarily hurt when you skate big stairs and gaps but it doesn't feel as good when you land with a shoe such as the Herman 2. The impact support is the only let down of the shoe, although if Adidas did add some sort of sole technology it would decrease the shoe's excellent board feel but I'll get to that later.
    Impact Support: 6/10

Boardfeel: This shoe has the best boardfeel I've skated. Because of how thin the sole is around the toe cap the shoe has godly boardfeel yet the heel is so thick which helps with the Impact Support. When I do Tres I feel like I can just wrap my toes around that tail and scoop a 720. I can feel the concave of the board so well. The Boardfeel is that amazing. It almost feels as if around the front part of the sole is paper thin but it actually isn't.
    Boardfeel: 10/10

Grip:
    The grip dosen't seem like it has sanded down at all since I got these. They've stayed in mint condition besides all the dirt. The custom grip on these shoes seem indestructable and they're still pretty grippy. Not as grippy as the glue-like grip of Emerica but still pretty grippy. I've had absolutely no problems with my feet slipping around because it dosen't happen. My feet stay firmly in place when I skate in these.
    Grip: 8.5/10

Insole:
    The Insole has a great arch that keeps my foot snugly in place and it feels as if it molds to your foot which is very comfortable. But it is not all that thick and does not help much with the Impact support. The insole is not necessarily a thin insole but definitely not a thick one that would help with the impact support. But I think thse insole's were designed to allow the shoe to have maximum boardfeel.
    Insole: 7.5/10

Overall the Adidas Busenitz is a great shoe and is great for flatground, ledges, small stair sets and gaps but may not be super great for people that enjoy skating 15 stairs. The Adidas Busenitz is a very durable, comfortable and stylish shoe that if you give it a chance it might just become your favorite shoe.

Overall: 9/10

By Rooh

Title
    Respected User

nice review, i had the same colorway, just different results. I guess everyone flicks differently haha
    I drive a Corrado, that is all.

Title
    Respected User

good review, awesome shoes

Title
    Respected User

Yeah, they're great shoes.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by rayo53 View Post
    nice review, i had the same colorway, just different results. I guess everyone flicks differently haha
    Same! I did a review on these also a while back, same colorway :) Nice review

Title
    Respected User

you inspired me to get another pair
    Quote Originally Posted by DontHateJustSkate View Post
    fucking old people so quick to judge but so slow to walk

Title

nice review and shoes dude

Title
    Respected User

Thanks for the comments. The navy ones were my second choice before I found out they stopped
    Making the black and gold Ones...
    Last edited by Rooh; 12-02-2010 at 07:29 AM.

Title

BUMP, how long did they last?