Title

Thumbs up Holiday Gift/Deal List for Skaters on Silverfish

Every year, Silverfish runs a list of gear deals and gift ideas for skaters, and it's running again, now. Mostly aimed at longboarders, poolboarders, and hardcore all-around skateboarders, it's got ideas and links ranging from skate tools to $300 racing decks on Holiday Clearance. Here's the full list, and here's a sampling:

S-One Destro Helmet
    $39.99

Also Available in Kid Size Helmet.

You know what we say at Silverfish Longboarding: "...if you aren't skating hard enough to need a lid, put on a lid and skate harder!" Longboarders know it's the kook that skates without a lid, not the kid who's willing to muss up the hairdo in order to show dedication to the gnar. So check out the S-ONE Destro CPSC Helmet. It's designed to fit low on the head, like a traditional soft foam skateboard helmet. This helmet is a breakthrough design, combining the added safety of a CPSC certified helmet with the comfort of a soft foam helmet.

187 Killer Pads
    Pricing Varies

The next step, past a lid, is good pads that fit well, take a hit, and don't twist out of the way. 187 Killer Pads has been designing and constructing pads for top skaters for the past decade. Started by a long-time skater in a family owned upholstery shop, 187 Killer Pads has since become the preferred choice of skaters worldwide. Looking forward, 187 Killer Pads will be the company that leads the way to raising industry standards with ever-improved designs and revolutionary systems that make protective gear better.

Contour GPS HD Camera

$350

Skaters are using micro-vid cams to record hot runs around the world. The Contour GPS HD Action video camera features full-on 1080i HD, a laser-guided aiming system around a rotating CCD, 60fps at a real, full 720i (best in the market) and GPS technology that enables you to map out the route of your vids! Along with a wide variety of mounts and an inline, aerodynamic camera position, this smart little camera is changing the way Point of Video is made, allowing you to track your location, speed and altitude multiple times per second, while capturing your adventures in a range of High Definition formats. Silverfish Longboarding has been skating, mtb'ing, and charging the Colorado River rapids with a Contour... this is the one!

Camera Extender
    $30

If you're looking to grab some tricky angles, or you want to be in the group picture for once… this is the tool for you. The XShot Camera Extender lengthens your reach by up to 37" (94cm) so you can eliminate any awkward pictures taken at arms length, or get a great perspective when tearing down the street on your skateboard.

Make You Smile DVD
    $24

Last edited by Silverfish; 11-29-2010 at 06:04 AM.
    Yes, I'm compensating for something!

Title

Carver Pipe Wrench
    $15

This is a Silverfish Lonbgoarding all-star choice for skaters. The Pipe Wrench is an essential tool in a small, compact design that won't poke holes in your shorts, or your leg. It's got sockets for your truck mounting bolts, axles and kingpin, plus a cross-head screwdriver and a magnet to snag those pesky speed rings. Beefy enough to build boards with, it's our number one choice for a pocket tool and a great gift for any skateboarder!

[CENTER]

Roarockit Longboard Builder's Kit
    $153.99

If the skateboarder in your life would be stoked to build his or her own killer, amazing street, vert or speedboard, a true professional-quality custom, then you want what countless builders in the Silverfish Longboarding Builders forums rely upon: the Roarockit Thin Air System. Here' we're featuring the Christmas RockitLam ProBuilder Kit: seventeen sheets of 48" Canadian Maple veneers, the TAP system to laminate your own decks, the foam form used in the patented board-building system that's revolutionized longboard customs and one sheet of the new RockitLam skin, in your choice of patterns. You've got enough to make two badass boards of any style, using materials and techniques better than most "pro factories"!

Hey, the TAP is the choice at UCSD's Longboard Building 101 course, too! Click the link to read more and nail down a deal on a builder's kit that will change your longboarder's life and be a gift remembered for decades. Yes, decades, seriously.

Concrete Wave
    Subscriptions Vary

The only magazine that covers longboarding, racing and carving without fear. Vert, freestyle and park skating have their place in the mag, but you won't find a single ad for shoes, girls' jeans or fashion t-shirts. What you will find is event coverage, photos and interviews of skaters, by skaters. Make sure this one hits your bathroom countertop, right next to Skateboarding and Transworld!

Title

Abec11's 77mm, 77a Reflex Centrax, in Lime.
    $49.00 Plus Shipping

It's what Douglas Silva just broke a course record with on the Newton's Nation track in Australia and it's available only at Silverfish at a killer, Silverfishmas Price of $49.00/set, plus shipping. Yes, you can skate on Centrax intended only for the Abec 11 race team, but now with a limited "Oops! Edition" graphic.To get yours and all the details about these wheels, click here and follow-through.

Rogue Honey Skateboards
    20% Off Any Boards

Whether you're looking for a longboard for that special someone or looking to step up your game, the Rogue may be just what you're looking for. Praised for its versatility, the Rogue will carve, slide and freeride like no other and features grain-matched hardwood laminations top and bottom. The detail and hardwood quality in these lskateboards are the reason so many of them are in the Silverfish Longboarding quiver. For an excellent gift, go to www.honeyskateboards.com , find your board and then enter the code: holidayfish to enjoy 20% off of your purchase of the Rogue or any other Honey Skateboard.

Sesimic Skate Systems
    Free T-Shirt Offer

Seismic Skate systems is offering a free Tee-shirt with the purchase of any set of trucks and/or wheels. Seismic offers innovative carving trucks, premium urethane wheels and more. This holiday season you can get your favorite skater a sweet free Tee so they can ride with Seismic pride. Available in multiple colors in Men's or Women's cuts, short-sleeve or long-sleeve.

Use code "SeismicSilverHoliday" in the Coupon Code field at checkout.

The Rip-Hard, Rip-Safe Package.
    10% Off Everything

Bustin Brooklyn is proud to introduce their new line of Premium Reflective skateboarding apparel. The new designs feature special reflective prints on the rear tail and shoulder to keep you safer when you skate at night. In addition, they've pulled together some of their most popular accessories, giving you everything you need to put an epic package under the tree. Whether you're looking to outfit your favorite skater with a new helmet for their dome or a new board rack for their dorm, this package is an easy win for any skater.

As a part of this special promotion, Bustin will give you 10% OFF our unique BUILD-YOUR-OWN Packages. Click this link , skater.

Title
    #TRUE

I've actually seen those little cameras used by some of the old school pool skaters at my park, it's pretty neat.

Title
    Perma Banned

pretty neat? Any pics??

Title

Here's old vid of the Encinitas Bowl that I just found: HERE

That's with an older version of the camera, but same idea.

I think im gonna have to order that wrench. Is it really only like 2 inches?

Title

Maybe 2.5. It's small, smooth and very durable -- high quality stainless steel. I've built board after board with it, and then just tossed it back in my pad bag for use out skating.

The one limitation is with deep-faced wheels, like you'll find on some racing longboards or certain old-school stuff from the 70's such as an OG Krypto 65...hard to reach the axle nut with this tool. For street/mini wheels this thing is unbeatable.