Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Title

Thumbs up

Etnies Marana - Very good, Durable, Super Comfy and Light. I've currently had Marana's 3 times and they are such a brilliant shoe! They are slightly chunky and the grip wears down so much but other than that they are brilliant! One of my all time favourite shoes. Sheckler clearly thought about these shoes before rushing and making a horrible mess of them. The rubber around the toe makes the shoe last a month or so longer. Would recommend them to anybody!

Title

Nike, SB Zoom Janoski - Terrible shoe. Grip lasted 2 days, laces were too short and broke on my first session with them, had entire front toe section was ripped within 4 or 5 days. They weren't duds either, friends had exactly the same problem. Not worth the $90.

Vans, Half Cab - Very, very, VERY good shoe, especially considering it's suede all over.. I've had 3 pairs, bought my most recent one right before Easter and only the tiniest bit of greying around my ollie spot, no hint of holes so far. Excellent board feel for a shoe of its thickness/size. Grip usually lasts me 10-12 weeks, although I don't 3 shuv or tre flip, no more than 180ยบ board rotation on any tricks aside from the occasional fluke FS 360 ollie. Laces can be a problem, only lasting me 3 weeks at most before the first rip.* Expensive (AUD $90-110, depending on where you buy them.) Would recommend.

Macbeth, Langley - Bought them on sale at $40. Low cut, ripped completely in 5 weeks, laces ripped in 2 weeks and grip was nonexistent in 3-5 days. Wouldn't recommend.

* - Some Half Cab designs come with thin, stretchy laces with material around them (rips in 1 session) whilst others come with standard black/white laces. (rips in 6-7 sessions). I'd recommend buying 2 pairs of extra laces if buying the stretchy lace Half Cabs, and 1 extra pair if buying the latter.

Title
    Gay Motherfucker

Adidas Busenitz Vulc: Really good shoe for skateboarding. I have had 3 pairs of them. They feel soft and comfortable. They will stay durable if you use some Shoe Goo on them, but if not, they will get destroyed really fast. But it depends on how much you skate. These shoes are really flexible and that is a really good thing about this shoe. These shoes also have a good boardfeel.
    I paid like 75$ for these shoes I think. It is worth it, but don't forget about the shoe goo if you skate much!

Title

iPath Grasshopper XT- This shoe is amazing for skating but it is more of a BMX shoe. Pros: super comfortable, looks good, mid top for ankle support, amazing grip, flexibility, and boardfeel. Cons: not very durable (nubuck wears away quickly, although there is a durable second layer underneath)

Title

Quote Originally Posted by ShucksDelucks View Post
    Nike, SB Zoom Janoski - Terrible shoe. Grip lasted 2 days, laces were too short and broke on my first session with them, had entire front toe section was ripped within 4 or 5 days. They weren't duds either, friends had exactly the same problem. Not worth the $90.
    Surprised by this. Were they the new canvas type?

The suede ones last me ages and I don't even get the pro skate ones with the extra rubber at the toe. Admittedly I don't skate 10 hours a day or anything but still...

If you order them off the nike site you can substitute leather laces so they won't rip.
    ~Leaf

Emerica Laced Figgy (Suede)

+ Insanenly comfortable, lowkey, not much laces (the less the better) super chill great feel. look hot

- the bottom needs shoe goo and so does your flick foot (left for me)

if you put enough shoe goo on them, theyll last you a while considering how lowpriced they are

you can find a suede pair for like $40 or less

Title

大概多少钱

Title

I also think so

Title

vans old skool: decent board feel, decent quality, decent grip, lasted a while. If you can find these for under 35 grab them
    adidas seeley: make sure you order .5 a size bigger since it is a VERY narrow shoe, good durability, not the best for comfort, nice grip
    Puma Stepper: most people dont label this as a skate shoe but it is amazing. I have been skating them for 3 months and the suede and outsole is almost mint condition. good padding and ok-good board feel. If you need a shoe that lasts forever get these.

Title

Whats the shoe with the best boardfeel and light weight?

Title
    Village Idiot

Go with vulcanized soles if you want good boardfeel. And they're usually pretty light weight.

Title

fallen patriots, great shoe , loved them while they lasted ( 8 months or so )

(Side note, I never pay more than $65 for a pair of skate shoes, and usually between $45 and $50. I always shop the outlets or look for the unwanted colors, last year's models, etc. online)

Rated on a scale of 1-10 for each category, "flicky-grippy factor" is the degree to which the shoe rubber has the right balance of allowing a proper flick on flip tricks while still being sticky on ollies, landings, etc.

Adidas Dennis Busenitz (easily my favorite so far, but I wish they were a bit more durable)
    Durability: 7.5
    Comfort: 9.5
    Flicky-Grippy factor:10
    Toe Shape: 10
    Board Feel: 9.5

NIke P-Rod 6
    Durability: 8.5
    Comfort: 8
    Flicky-Grippy factor:9
    Toe Shape: 9
    Board Feel: 8

Nike P-Rod 7
    Durability: 10 (the sidewalls and toes were indestructible!)
    Comfort: 9
    Flicky-Grippy factor:9
    Toe shape: 8.5

Nike P-Rod 8
    Durability: 8.5
    Comfort: 9
    Flicky-Grippy factor:4 (Wayyyyy too grippy)
    Toe Shape: 4 (Wayyyy too bulky)
    Board Feel: 6 (Wayyyy too cushy)

Nike Lunar Gato SB
    Durability: 6
    Comfort: 7
    Flicky-Grippy factor:8.5
    Toe Shape: 9
    Board Feel: 8.5

Nike Free SB
    Durability: 6
    Comfort: 9 once they were broken in, but at first probably a 6 due to stiffness
    Flicky-Grippy factor:7 (a bit sticky)
    Toe Shape: 7.5
    Last edited by mpschmitt; 09-10-2015 at 07:08 PM.
    "This is your life, are you who you want to be?"
    ~Jonathan Foreman

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ" 2 Corinthians 10:3-5

Title

DC Manteca
    -----------

Ah the DC Manteca, in the last recent years they re-released one of their classics from the 1990's. This version looks identical to the originals, and even got a number of the same colorways to boot. It only has a few subtle differences - gel in the heel under the removable insoles, and waffle tread by the toe while keeping the pill pattern throughout the bottom half.

This shoe was upgraded a bit clearly to address impact skating, and it does that well. Try most any stairset you want, these keep you well protected throughout. Most of the Manteca's colorways are suede, so you can expect a month or two out of them(more if you skate less). The lace protection is handy while it lasts, but it will start sagging a bit when the shoe is worn down.

Now for the disadvantages: the Manteca is a slow starter. If you're just walking in it, expect a week or two to break in, but if you're skating i'd say a few days. Reason being is this is a tough protective shoe, it takes awhile to adjust to how locked in it is. The feel is somewhat "platformed" off the ground, but at the same time it sticks to grip pretty darn well. The shape of the toe makes for an easy flick though.

Durability is partially concerning, but in a different way than you'd think. The part of the sole where the waffle tread is, wears down kinda fast - but the areas where the pill pattern tread is can hold up to much longer periods of time. The sole would be bulletproof had they used the pill throughout, like they did on the original Mantecas. The suede is not the strongest, however it sticks to the board well.

It's a tough shoe to use at first, but once you get used to how it moves, it really starts to grow on you. I have learned a number of tricks I struggled with previously in Mantecas, and was sad to see DC discontinued them(although they did replace them with a similar model called the Pures). All in all a good shoe to try if you stumble across a pair.
    Last edited by Russo; 10-01-2017 at 03:11 PM.
    Bearings: Bones swiss ceramics
    Deck: Tactics emblem II 7.75
    Grip: Mob M-80
    Shoes: DC Kalis lite
    Trucks: Krux downlows
    Wheels: Bones moffart 52mm

Title

Emerica Figgy: honestly a really good skate shoe. Its a cupsole that feels just like a vulc. Its flexible and flimsy, but its still pretty good to skate stairs and gaps. The impact protection isnt the best right out the box, but a simple change of the insole works. Its a pretty durable shoe, it lasted me around 4 months of skating. It started getting a whole in the bottom of the shoe and after shoe gooing it like 3 times it was at its end.

The shoe is really thin all over the place like how Figgy wanted it, but that can be pretty shitty in some situations. If your board lands on top of your foot then youre fucked because of how slim the whole shoe is. I also didnt like that the laces ripped super fast, but that wasnt a huge issue because i rip laces fast all the time anyways

Overall the figgys are a great skate shoe. Theyre durable and are good for low and high impact stuff if you swap the insoles. They also look pretty fucken nice, which is always a bonus. If youre looking for a slimmer shoe with good boardfeel and impact protection, then id recommend the Figgys. Score: 9/10
    "You are the only one i want between my legs"
    "Im inflicting bloodshed upon bitches, just because i hate the female race"
    "People are like parasites, worms, infected with disease"

Title

Straye logans or stanleys are my favorite. comfortable insoles. breaks in easy. the stanleys have a rubber toe that dont rip easily. the suede is where its at!