Title
    Respected User

Default Winnipeg skate shops?

Anyone know good skate shops in Winnipeg?
    Theres kings surf snow ans skate (or somthing like that), they have some decent stuff.
    Of course theres west 49 but they got shit for hardware, and way to expensive.
    The one in Selkirk isn't that bad but its kinda small and not a whole lot of stuff.

Title
    Industry Rep

There is only one shop in Winnipeg worth supporting (I say this cause i used them from about 89'-94'), and that is Sk8 Skates!

I believe they are now located in the Forks Plaza.

Long live Sk8 Skates!

Title
    Respected User

oh yea i forgot about them. I've looked at their stuff and well they don't have a whole lot of stuff in the forks location. other then some cool decks and trucks.

but i actually like kings skate surf and snow, its mostly skate though.

Title
    Industry Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Regularchild View Post

but i actually like kings skate surf and snow, its mostly skate though.

Then why ask?

Title
    Respected User

i just want to see if theres any other ones other then the 3 in winnipeg i know about.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by 5:AM Skateboards View Post
    There is only one shop in Winnipeg worth supporting (I say this cause i used them from about 89'-94'), and that is Sk8 Skates!

I believe they are now located in the Forks Plaza.

Long live Sk8 Skates!
    actually sk8 skates is kinda gay these days man, it used to be cool until the owner died and now it sucks, the store has hardly anything in it and the guys there are fucking jerk offs

green apple is the new sk8 here, its owned by mike mcdermit, boarders anonymous is dope too, they dont really have a lot to do with the winnipeg skate seen i dont think but the guys there are super cool and they got nice shit

and kings is gay dont go there, i had a job there at one point and i quit cause it was so fucking weak, the owner there doesnt give two shits about skateboarding only money

btw regularchild, what area u in?? do you frequent any skateparks? maybe i've seen you around

Title
    O-K):

WINNIIPPEEGG!!a

Title

winnipegg!!

Title
    Respected User

well my reason to go to kings is that they have the most decent stuff that i cant really find stuff, or well out of places that i know now. haha me at parks, nah i want to get some stuff down before i go, now id just embarrasse my self. im a bit out of selkirk, but i got a pad in my yard to practice stuff on when im not getting eaten alive by misquitos. but i go to the city to skate mostly whenever i can get a ride in that is.
    oh theres also a skateshop in selkirk (204 skateshop... i think) its sweet, they have some stuff but they would have to order in to get stuff i want(which they can order in) and umm ganjaSmoke message me about the shops around winnipeg im curious about some decent shops.

Title
    O-K):

you ever skate selkirk water fronts?? that spots sick i havent got out there yet this summer but im hoping to soon before it gets cold

Title
    Respected User

yea ive been to the waterfronts, almost lost my old board in there lol. i was trying to go down the ramps that lead into the water... not my smartest idea. if i could do the stuff that i want to do it would be great fun. sadly i cant do some stuff that i want to do though

Title
    O-K):

i had some old footy from there im tryin to find right now

i wanna go back and try and back 180 nosegrind that hubba with the little kink at the end, went to do it last year and couldnt so i want round 2

Title
    Respected User

sweet, hope it works out for you. i wish i could simply 50 50

Title

theres boarder anonymous too. but its not great. its a lot of snowboard gear. but they do have some skate stuff

Title
    Perma Banned

Title

SK8 skates would be a decent shop if their team riders would get off their high horses and actually look at other skaters with respect. We all start at the same point in our skate years. Why look down at other people's progression and scoff at it. Thats why a lot of ppl have hatred towards that shop. I used to rep that shop a lot but I'll admit their image as far as what they have to offer is kinda thrasher compared to my style. So in essence what I am saying is I support the shop that can afford to buy bulk of anything they want. Sorry it has to be this way!

Title
    Respected User

True stuff.

What are your guys thoughts on green apple? It appears they are being hyped big now well as im noticing more so.