Thread: Pissed

Title

Default Pissed

Somebody stole my package from adorama, UPS says it was deliverd and signed for but it didn't come to my house, even though it was send to my address that i must have checked at least 5times that it was correct. The package had 3 umbrellas, 2 umbrella swivls, and some gels. Now i have to wait 8 business days before adorama will reship my stuff, and the worst part is that i had a job last saturday and thats why i ordered the umbrellas but i made a mastake and put 5to7 day shipping instead of 2 day, so i didn't have my stuff for the job, and now i dont even have the stuff for my vegas trip in 3days.

On another note, i have about $200 and im having a hard time deciding what to buy as i am short and all equiment.

here's my equipment list:
    one D200 with a 50mm 1.8
    Sb-25
    vivitar 285HV
    Cactus V4's(one trans and 3 recev)
    Quantaray pro camera bag
    One light stand
    and One broken tripod(light stand)

So i have no working tripod, only one lens that really doesn't work well for DX.
    so i guess in trying to decide between a new lens, or a new tripod.

i was thinking about the 35mm 1.8 but i don't really want to buy into DX anymore because im hoping to go FX within the next year or so.

what do you guys think?

Title
    Respected User

I thought that happened to me, UPS said it was shipped and deliverer, and even said delivered to the "garage". It came in like 2 weeks later, randomly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milomywhy View Post
    I want my Thingy that says member, to be changed to NollieTresForDay's Bitch

Title
    Mr. Snrub
    Mrs. Butterworth's Indestructible Bomb Shelter

The 35mm should work with FX.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
    The 35mm should work with FX.
    Thats what i thought but, the 35mm 1.8 has really bad vig on FX and film.
    i could get the 35mm F/2 but its twice as much used as the 1.8 is new, and its slower.
    i really want a zoom so i was thinking about getting this:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/1835.htm

Title
    Mr. Snrub
    Mrs. Butterworth's Indestructible Bomb Shelter

"This is an FX lens for film or FX digital cameras. It is silly to use it on a smaller DX digital camera because the 18-55mm DX works better and costs one-fifth as much. "

Title
    Respected User

the 35 f/1.8 is sick. just get it.

Title
    Ain't Nothin But A Peanut

I'm confused. You can certainly use the 35 1.8 on an FX camera. Why wouldn't you? That's when it'd actually be 35mm. On a crop sensor it's like a 50 or so. The 50 on your D200 is like an 85 on an FX.

I'm missing the problem here I think. That lens will work just fine with both crop and full frame bodies.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy View Post
    I'm confused. You can certainly use the 35 1.8 on an FX camera. Why wouldn't you? That's when it'd actually be 35mm. On a crop sensor it's like a 50 or so. The 50 on your D200 is like an 85 on an FX.

I'm missing the problem here I think. That lens will work just fine with both crop and full frame bodies.
    That is exactly what i thought, but i guess the 35mm 1.8 DX has Really bad vig on FX, but the 35mm f/2 Does not, i guess the 1.8 was engineered with DX in mind, and because of that i guess they cut corners(litterly).

Title

That really sucks, yeah that lens should def work with the FX camera...
    Quote Originally Posted by riskitforabiscuit View Post
    There are no special ed kids in Australia. They can't handle the daily duties of wrestling crocs and fighting kangaroos on the way to school.

Title
    Guru User

The 35mm 1.8 is a DX lens!!!!!

It says so on the ruddy lens!!!

If it worked on FX, it would say FX, but it doesn't, so there is massive light fall off in the corners.

Google "Nikon 35mm 1.8 and this is the first result.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/35mm-f18.htm

He tests the 35mm on an FX body and shows that doesn't work on an FX body. 3rd paragraph it even says:

Not for: Film or FX cameras. For larger DX cameras with built-in autofocus motors like the D50, D80, D90 and D300, getting a 35mm f/2 AF-D instead will also work on FX cameras should you upgrade later.

Come on Bubbleboy and Emerica, you both uses Nikon systems, surely you should have know or been able to find out some this trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by himhkd View Post
    Thats what i thought but, the 35mm 1.8 has really bad vig on FX and film.
    i could get the 35mm F/2 but its twice as much used as the 1.8 is new, and its slower.
    i really want a zoom so i was thinking about getting this:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/1835.htm
    Slower isn't that big a deal when you're using lenses that wide. The DOF doesn't change that much from 2.0 to 1.8, and you use flashes enough that I doubt you're going to be kicking yourself for not having that extra third of a stop

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    The 35mm 1.8 is a DX lens!!!!!

Come on Bubbleboy and Emerica, you both uses Nikon systems, surely you should have know or been able to find out some this trivial.
    Never even looked at the lens. Had no idea it was. Chill.

Title
    Respected User

buy a girlfriend instead of camera gear.
    camera gear can't make sandwiches.

Title

Smr: that's true, but for $300+ I don't know if it'd the most beneficial thing to get I mean I have a 50mm and I really need an ultra wide. like im in vegas Right now, and its near impossible to shoot everything on my 50mm.

and yuuki: i already have a girl friend
    Last edited by himhkd; 05-08-2010 at 08:16 AM.

Title
    Banned

instead, i would invest in some classes or workshops or seminars or something. think about it.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    instead, i would invest in some classes or workshops or seminars or something. think about it.
    I can take photo classes at my community college for free, and workshops and seminars are a waste of money, there is no point in spending $50-$300 to learn something you could of read for free in a book or online.

Quote Originally Posted by himhkd View Post
    I can take photo classes at my community college for free, and workshops and seminars are a waste of money, there is no point in spending $50-$300 to learn something you could of read for free in a book or online.
    So, SO fucking wrong. I've got the privilege of going to a lot of them for free when my dad/his buddies speak, and I can safely say that I would've tried to go to some of them even if it did mean paying.

Title
    Mr Shithole
    I am not going there to die, I am going there to find out if I am really alive

piss

Title

Lol cosmo rippin into me. Kinda funny cause I'm looking at buying a 35 or 28 right now.