Page 3232 of 3265 FirstFirst ... 223227323132318232223228322932303231323232333234323532363242 ... LastLast
Results 80,776 to 80,800 of 81611
    Title
    My Balls Itch

I would much rather be outside chugging water in uncomfortable weather than be trapped indoors because there is snow everywhere. This of course goes out the window if you live somewhere that's good for snowboarding/skiing. I also think it's most likely related, that the heaviest drinking states are all midwestern tundras or in New England.

The reason I said I would move to Texas or Arizona is because it's affordable to live there and lacks the nasty winters from up north. Obviously I would move to California if the weather was my sole reason.

edit: And no, I mean actual heat. 70's to mid 80's is perfect weather to go out and do shit.
    Last edited by igrindtwinkies; 07-05-2020 at 10:01 PM.
    skate or die g times

Title
    And I see all these flame
    All I know is im upstairs listening to my Will Smith CD

fuck california

Title
    blunted in a 600

Quote Originally Posted by igrindtwinkies View Post
    I would much rather be outside chugging water in uncomfortable weather than be trapped indoors because there is snow everywhere. This of course goes out the window if you live somewhere that's good for snowboarding/skiing. I also think it's most likely related, that the heaviest drinking states are all midwestern tundras or in New England.

The reason I said I would move to Texas or Arizona is because it's affordable to live there and lacks the nasty winters from up north. Obviously I would move to California if the weather was my sole reason.

edit: And no, I mean actual heat. 70's to mid 80's is perfect weather to go out and do shit.
    yeah fair, different perspectives i guess. i'll trade places with you for a year haha

New Mexico is cool and you can snowboard there too, unique culture
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    Respected User

Yeah fuck super muggy weather. Like I said, it's awesome for the beach but that's where it ends. I remember how fucked israel is in the summer, it's quite literally hell outside even in the shade. You cant even be inside your car until the ac starts working. I feel like Phoenix is preferable to Brownsville just because of the lack of humidity alone. Doesn't even matter that it's 10 degrees warmer there.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Stookie View Post
    yeah fair, different perspectives i guess. i'll trade places with you for a year haha

New Mexico is cool and you can snowboard there too, unique culture
    By Associated Press, Wire Service Content July 5, 2020, at 11:29 a.m. ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico's suicide rate reportedly is the highest in the nation.

You wouldn't know a good time if it killed itself infront of you.

Title
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyboy View Post
    Yeah fuck super muggy weather. Like I said, it's awesome for the beach but that's where it ends. I remember how fucked israel is in the summer, it's quite literally hell outside even in the shade. You cant even be inside your car until the ac starts working. I feel like Phoenix is preferable to Brownsville just because of the lack of humidity alone. Doesn't even matter that it's 10 degrees warmer there.
    Michigan gets humid as shit and it's so much worse than outright heat.

Right now we're in the hottest week of the year and it happened to have been the week we decided to build another big addition to our local DIY park. Fucking nightmare to say the least, but we did it lol

Title
    kind of respected user

i second that. the humidity is awful.

i was hanging out with my friend who just moved back here from colorado and she was saying it felt so much better there all the time because it wasn't humid as fuck like it is here.

Title
    My Balls Itch

Quote Originally Posted by StarcraftLedZeppelin View Post
    By Associated Press, Wire Service Content July 5, 2020, at 11:29 a.m. ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico's suicide rate reportedly is the highest in the nation.

I would assume the desolateness of those states plays a part in that. Social interaction is pretty necessary to humans regardless of how introverted you are. I've heard a shitload of people talk about moving to the middle of nowhere/living off the grid, but don't actually know a single person that has done it.
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/s...ty/suicide.htm
    skate or die g times

Title
    Respected User

your score with womanz
    It's funny cause it's true

Title
    blunted in a 600

Cut my wrists and black my eyes fam

Nah for real I can see how it could get like that. NM feels like a world away for some reason. Albuquerque is not very big and pretty stretched out. No wonder there's a meth problem (Breaking Bad notwithstanding).
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    / Henning

Title
    blunted in a 600

Cut my wrists and black my eyes fam

Nah for real I can see how it could get like that. NM feels like a world away for some reason. Albuquerque is not very big and pretty stretched out. No wonder there's a meth problem (Breaking Bad notwithstanding).

/ Henning

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

having lived in every climate of the west for extended periods, I am the authority on this matter: cold is better, and everyone hates the weather where they live except socal but it's socal and they have no other redeeming qualities

sure if you're in the flat midwest with -100F windchills fuck that
    if you're in the rural southwest with nothing to do but hump your AC vents, fuck that

but even in PHX where there is "plenty to do" whether it's hiking or any dumb cosmopolitan shit, it's too hot. this week PHX is going to have similar, if not higher, temps as death valley
    the winters are great, 60-80 and sunny most days, and you can snowboard in flagstaff ~2hr away

puget sound / willamette valley is best weather NA and you're right between beaches and fantastic mountain ranges so you have something to do every season

rain and SAD you can learn to deal with. cold you can deal with naturally

heat is just miserable. can only be relieved artificially. boo hoo rain makes me sad but sun gives me cancer, destroys my car, costs 1000s for ac/pool. go burn a stick if youre cold.

fuck the heat

on another note, El Paso is the worst part of texas hands down and I'm glad I spend 90% of my time working than having to deal with this turd depository. but there are mountains and, as far as I can tell, it's the only thing el paso is proud of. I was certain Idaho had the worst drivers in the country for years - Idaho made Wyoming and North Dakota drivers look professional. But after two months here, I'd rather be in the middle of Boise in a smart car. The roads here are more or less imaginary - every time they get repainted the old lines are still there but in a different place. There is not a single street light on a sensor - they're all timed, so if you need to turn left at a normally busy intersection but its 4am and theres no traffic, you will literally wait 2 minutes for nothing. I've seen 3 times now people go in the wrong direction at roundabouts, I've nearly been hit countless times from people merging out of nowhere, the average speed is 20 +- the limit, every store has a minimum of 50 handicap spaces so it's a day hike to get from your car to the grocery store, stop signs are completely ignored and everyone thinks they have the right of way at all times. There are intersections with yield signs one way and stop signs the other, I don't even know what you're supposed to do there. Lanes split off and rejoin all over the damn place with no signage indicating where they go, nobody pays attention to anything - im probably going to get charged for a new horn in this rental just from informing people the light fucking turned green - but in their defense since you have to wait an eternity and a half for a light with no traffic, it's understandable they fell asleep. aside from driving, there is no healthy food here, at least in all of NE el paso. there's one poke place but I've only seen them open once. It's just whataburger and mcdonalds everywhere. it's not as hot as phx but it's still too fucking hot, and I get to look over at mexico every day and see thunderstorms but they NEVER reach el paso - it just stays hot as fuck and windy here.
    Last edited by UrMomSkatesMongo; 07-07-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Title
    Respected User

I have to agree. I'm fucking sick of this heat. I think our AC is fucked or something, it barely cools the house and nights are so hot and humid I have to bear the heat. I haven't slept in 2 days and when I do it's for a few hours at best. I can't sleep well unless it's 20 degrees or under. That's what I love about winter. Sleep, sleep, and more sleep. Also the sun doesn't fucking rise at 4am. I'll take SAD any day over zombie-level insomnia.

I think spring/fall is the best, there's no reason to prefer the extreme of winter. More reasons to move to coastal BC one day, it's pretty much fall year round.

Title
    Round the Twist

I've been to Phoenix once and I loved the weather. I normally don't like super heat but I didn't mind it because it was so dry. Made me realise I just hated humidity.
    I don't need a signature.

Title
    blunted in a 600

lol your love of the heat lasted 4 days

having no air con blows though

/ Henning

Title
    Respected User

It's just the lack of relief indoors that is bothering me, not necessarily going outside. Where I grew up this is normal weather in spring, so it's nothing for me. The situation is more like someone hating winter because their furnace barely works. My dad is adamant that the AC is fine but the house struggles to stay under 23.5 C even in the evening. I mean we get cold air through the vents but the house won't really cool down except for the basement. This is a half decade old home with great insulation.
    Last edited by Tommyboy; 07-07-2020 at 09:53 PM.

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

Quote Originally Posted by riskitforabiscuit View Post
    I've been to Phoenix once and I loved the weather. I normally don't like super heat but I didn't mind it because it was so dry. Made me realise I just hated humidity.
    too hot for me but bearable outside of jul-sep. only thing im glad to be in texas for atm even if it is only 10degrees cooler and the shittiest city ive ever been to

Title

Well that don't look too good

Title
    _______

I think central nevada weather is the best. Spring and fall are like no humidity 50-80 degrees, you get like a month of temps 90-105 and in the winter you can get some snow and cold temps, but they're definitely more mild than Wyoming or Nebraska. The mountains get a shit ton of snow and the valleys don't get that much at all so you get like really nice views with no shoveling.

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

Quote Originally Posted by theonlysun81 View Post
    I think central nevada weather is the best. Spring and fall are like no humidity 50-80 degrees, you get like a month of temps 90-105 and in the winter you can get some snow and cold temps, but they're definitely more mild than Wyoming or Nebraska. The mountains get a shit ton of snow and the valleys don't get that much at all so you get like really nice views with no shoveling.
    I could see that being a good temperateish area. Just not wet enough for me. Not Central but Reno seems like an okay town, half the damn place was closed for a giant street fair when I was there last. Proximity to Tahoe is nice as well but, it's Tahoe and judging by how it was in September I can't imagine being there in the winter or peak summer.

But what the hell is even in central NV? Tonopah? or that place with the giant ice cream stand I can't remember the name of

Title

in and out state at best

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

honestly whataburger is better

Title
    kind of respected user

five guys is better than both

Title

Last time I went to five guys the middle of my burger was still red and the some of the fries I ate had rocks or some shit in it.

Title
    Respected User

i'm getting royally pissed and tired of these people repeating shit they heard by others. stuff like, it's important to always work on yourself, just to be sure that what you do isn't oppressive. Oh you got problems? you should get help. go to therapy! can you imagine telling that to someone. i feel like it's especially girls who go for that type of stuff. i honestly think that what is going on social media right now is hellishly white and hypocrite. people that get involved in other people's businesses and forming an opinion without even knowing if what is said is true. people are blindly repeating stuff that they see to "support" the movement.

i may be wrong here, but I sense a whole lot of people who are actually comfortable in their daily lives despite what is going on, those same rich kids who dress up like poor hipsters and share stories of how you should live your life, and if you have a different opinion than them, you automatically get labeled as with the worst term possible, whatever the context may be.