Page 3167 of 3260 FirstFirst ... 2167266730673117315731633164316531663167316831693170317131773217 ... LastLast
Results 79,151 to 79,175 of 81478
    Title
    Respected User

It's tough man. I've been there and I'm still kinda there but I've been getting better. Honestly I spent so much time holed up with my own friends I forgot how to socialize with people I didn't know. Just gotta try to take interest in what they are saying I guess and have to get over any shame/embarrassment even in the smallest bit.

Title
    Writer of Street Poetry

^ I was kinda like that for a while too, I grew up living next door to my best friends and we grew up hanging out, skating together, drinking together, going to partys together that once I was put in situations where I wasnt out with them (University, jobs, girlfriends friends etc) I was like....shit. I think just finding who you are and being comfortable with it helps though. Milo is right about the interest thing though, I heard somewhere once that "interested is interesting" but still theres only so much bullshit you can pretend to be interested in haha so gotta find that happy medium

Title

you gotta find similar people. be unapologetic about what you like (& what you don't like). a lot of times other people think the same thing but they'll carry on inane conversations so as to be inoffensive.

works for me. i don't have that many friends but the few i do have are like bros 4 life. better than people i know that had a TON of friends in their early 20s and are now realizing they're all shallow and slowly stop talking to them.

18-23 is i,think just a weird lonely time for everybody
    loud black girls - wait what
    india songs
    "hell is other people" - the same guy who said "kissing a man without a mustache is like eating an egg without salt."
    "hell is also yourself." - r. crumb

Title

also alcohol always helps
    loud black girls - wait what
    india songs
    "hell is other people" - the same guy who said "kissing a man without a mustache is like eating an egg without salt."
    "hell is also yourself." - r. crumb

Title
    Respected User

I'm pretty socially awkward but I can hold conversations decently well (starting them is another issue). I'm interested in getting a glimpse of how other people see things I guess, at least for my own understanding.

Title
    Respected User

I don't know, i think i'm boring as fuck when i speak to new people
    (i think) im the least boring person when i'm with my close friends

and drowning_fish, the thing about being unapologetic is that it's almost seems like a gimmick. maybe that's just me, but it seems like: just the mere fact of disagreeing with someone (on any subject) is the drive, or the point of the conversation, so they'll carry on the debate (on whatver subject) just because they feel more real with themselves and the other person they're talking to, but at the end, they don't give a fuck as much as the next guy

once again i'm overanalyzing all of this, and i'm drunk. and really can't explain myself clearly, but wtv, if anyone can relate, please pitch in

Title
    ))<>((

Better to pursue hobbies & passions rather than friends, I say. Perhaps you’ll be happier with the time you spend, and the right people will appear more naturally. I’ve come to hate the bars since my favorite dive closed (it was essentially a revolving open mic, guitar around the woodstove and all). Try being 28, in the middle of a long separation/divorce, and partially responsible for a kid. I’ve made and abandoned many new friends, the few that are sticking came through music, basketball, and skateboarding. One random girl, that romance escapes so far, has been a casual friend and getting more friendly now that pressure is off....the other day I finally exchanged info with some guys I’ve played ball with randomly at least 5 times. I just walked up at the gym after balling and asked if they smoke weed, lol.

Title
    The Real Folk Blues
    I'm lit like a Branch Davidian I'm what's left of the lithium in Cobain's cranium

I dropped an 8th of indica today walking out from the pot shop, looked in my pocket to see I only had 1 of the 2 8ths luckily that shit was still sitting on the ground where I dropped it.

$20 for 7 gams

420 blaze it

Title

sometimes there no need to talk bro if you dont feel like talking to certain people then it wasnt meant to be sometimes you just click with types of people
    .................................................. ..................................

Title

unless its social anxiety with is a different problem all together
    .................................................. ..................................

Title
    Writer of Street Poetry

Remember this guy from sb-c, he made it into a thrasher photog section, cant remember his username DTJ or some shit?

Title
    My Balls Itch

ya that's dtj. he was kind of a butthole, but he fucking killed in the footage section.
    skate or die g times

Title
    Respected User

Rook ranked dude right? Dude killed it

Title
    blunted in a 600

yep bit of a butthole, surprised he hasn't been featured more tbh, the dude ripped
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    Writer of Street Poetry

Yeah I think it was universally agreed he was a good skater but a bit of a prick with a high opinion of himself

Title
    Respected User

I always thought that guy was decently low-key, maybe I didn't see enough of his posts

Title
    Writer of Street Poetry

He just acted like a bit of a pinner sometimes, kinda like he was above people etc

Title
    blunted in a 600

really condescending attitude as well, one of those skating 'elitists'
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

last I recall he was hospitalized. Enjoyed his skating clips though

Title
    The Real Folk Blues
    I'm lit like a Branch Davidian I'm what's left of the lithium in Cobain's cranium

From what I gather, the east coast kiddies always took skate footy super serial. There was usually more footage posters from the East Coast vs West, but there's some gems from the West coast users. I never had a problem with DTJ on here, he seemed like he wasn't the most uptight and elitist compared to other people.

Title
    olwXcrew

dtj got in some sorta vehicle accident and fucked up his leg, hes doing stuff with fancy lad and getting shit from krux, straye and some others.

Title
    Writer of Street Poetry

Well shit his leg must be okay now because that was the latest issue of thrasher

Title
    Respected User

it makes me happy this website is still around :’)

Title
    kind of respected user

i think the people who are above average at a thing within a community centered around the thing tend to come off kind of like that more often than not. obviously not everyone does but I just notice it happen a lot.

I see it happen a lot on some of the other hobby-related places i visit online. or even at my job really.

Title
    O-K):

[QUOTE=Stookie;5627625]really condescending attitude as well, one of those skating 'elitists'[/QUOTE

Yeah, hate people like that. I like igt's assessment - total butthole