Page 3216 of 3218 FirstFirst ... 221627163116316632063212321332143215321632173218 LastLast
Results 80,376 to 80,400 of 80435
    Title
    Chronic Discontent
    I am not going there to die, I am going there to find out if I am really alive

I saw Australia lent out its fire fighting planes and gear etc etc and now you guys are not even ready to fight your own fires.

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

the forest service does have an exchange program with australia. ive worked with quite a few aussies on the line and aside from getting used to walking upside down, they're pretty cool. but its just an overhead exchange thing, i dont think australia would benefit from more bodies since those brush fires as I know them are total dozer / air shows and there isnt shit a handcrew could do. likewise in murica, usfs is always moving away from direct attack and just letting shit burn to containment lines. everytime i saw an aussie on the line they were given a berry pistol and bandolier belt of shells having a grand old time burning down our woods from a road

which is why I really want to buy a damn chipper because those things make in excess of 1.5k/day on fires and you only need a crew of 2 to operate it - hand crews load it and do all the heavy lifting. after fuel costs and everything that's an easy 500/day per person which is a hell of a lot better than a grueling 2 week roll with some h pay in which you might come out with 5k. fire fighting is just gonna be boring tedious bs more and more because grazing and logging and rx burns are very naughty and destroy the atmosphere according to the uninformed so letting a fire go and just throwing out some bullshit like "oh terrain is too spooky we cant do it, lets just spend millions on air drops that slow it to our containment freeway 7 miles away". dumb

anyway i think australia has enough rural land filled with murderous animals and insects, its okay to let a fire go sorry stook stook
    Last edited by UrMomSkatesMongo; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:51 PM.

Title
    blunted in a 600

Quote Originally Posted by StarcraftLedZeppelin View Post
    I saw Australia lent out its fire fighting planes and gear etc etc and now you guys are not even ready to fight your own fires.
    yeah it's bizarre, plus state funding has been cut to the fire services. idk it's fucked
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    Chronic Discontent

Quote Originally Posted by UrMomSkatesMongo View Post
    the forest service does have an exchange program with australia. ive worked with quite a few aussies on the line and aside from getting used to walking upside down, they're pretty cool. but its just an overhead exchange thing, i dont think australia would benefit from more bodies since those brush fires as I know them are total dozer / air shows and there isnt shit a handcrew could do. likewise in murica, usfs is always moving away from direct attack and just letting shit burn to containment lines. everytime i saw an aussie on the line they were given a berry pistol and bandolier belt of shells having a grand old time burning down our woods from a road

which is why I really want to buy a damn chipper because those things make in excess of 1.5k/day on fires and you only need a crew of 2 to operate it - hand crews load it and do all the heavy lifting. after fuel costs and everything that's an easy 500/day per person which is a hell of a lot better than a grueling 2 week roll with some h pay in which you might come out with 5k. fire fighting is just gonna be boring tedious bs more and more because grazing and logging and rx burns are very naughty and destroy the atmosphere according to the uninformed so letting a fire go and just throwing out some bullshit like "oh terrain is too spooky we cant do it, lets just spend millions on air drops that slow it to our containment freeway 7 miles away". dumb

anyway i think australia has enough rural land filled with murderous animals and insects, its okay to let a fire go sorry stook stook

Whut

Title

Think I got mono and it sucks

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title

I wanna go snowboarding i think

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

check out cheapsnowboardreviews.uk.co before you go - my friend used that site (link in this post) and had an excellent time

Title
    Chronic Discontent

any one remember snowboard-city ?

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

i remember it being more dead in 2007 than sbc is now

Title
    Chronic Discontent

but it existed and you remember it

Title
    Writer of Street Poetry

Quote Originally Posted by StarcraftLedZeppelin View Post
    It's gotten pretty bad, every day seems like a new fire somewhere

Title

check out cheapsnowboardreviews.uk.co before you go - my friend used that site (link in this post) and had an excellent time
    betloll

Title
    Writer of Street Poetry

Title
    blunted in a 600

Air quality worse than Beijing's at one stage
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    / Henning

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

seems like all the typical bickering about climate change is going on among your politicians

still dont know enough to have much of an idea of the land management situation down there but i can say for sure banning coal isn't going to stop it

in the US it's just shitty land management, stupid people, and stupider people. Warmer / drier weather obviously has an effect but I wouldn't consider it at all major. Nothing burned in the US this year except california. CA only last year starting enacting better plans by getting more livestock grazing and fuels crews to take care of stuff. but obviously CA is a big place and Aus is even a bigger place so itll take some time for that to see any effect. they're sitting on a bill currently which apparently will promote better fire safety but it's literally just fire-proof building materials and defensible space - an important aspect of course but not the only one. likewise, getting PG&E to get their shit together which is one of the few cases you can actually point blame at a company for.

what i fucking hate about anyone talking about fire is that they never talk about concrete issues or solutions or causes or remedies. It's just the broad climate change umbrella and somehow it's a politicians fault for letting evil corporations do some naughty things and we need to stop them and then the world will be a glorious green friendly place

i hate all the climate change discussion in general though because its always someone elses fault. i still want to slap people who i know are retweet activists and they go to the store and walk out with about 5lbs of plastic, take 4 showers a day, and don't like solar energy for their own home because "I don't save *that* much money"

personal responsibility is lame kids
    Last edited by UrMomSkatesMongo; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:21 PM.

Title
    blunted in a 600

I'm waiting for the narrative to change once El Nino is over and La Nina kicks back in. People seem to have pretty short memories calling this the worst drought ever... 15 years ago we were going through like Level 4 water resitrctions and you could barely wash your balls. Then 2010-2011 went through hectic flooding during La Nina. Whatever the weather pattern Australia tends to get fucked.

/ Henning

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

no, everything is UNPRECEDENTED by default now

Title
    _______

seems like all the typical bickering about climate change is going on among your politicians

still dont know enough to have much of an idea of the land management situation down there but i can say for sure banning coal isn't going to stop it

in the US it's just shitty land management, stupid people, and stupider people. Warmer / drier weather obviously has an effect but I wouldn't consider it at all major. Nothing burned in the US this year except california. CA only last year starting enacting better plans by getting more livestock grazing and fuels crews to take care of stuff. but obviously CA is a big place and Aus is even a bigger place so itll take some time for that to see any effect. they're sitting on a bill currently which apparently will promote better fire safety but it's literally just fire-proof building materials and defensible space - an important aspect of course but not the only one. likewise, getting PG&E to get their shit together which is one of the few cases you can actually point blame at a company for.

what i fucking hate about anyone talking about fire is that they never talk about concrete issues or solutions or causes or remedies. It's just the broad climate change umbrella and somehow it's a politicians fault for letting evil corporations do some naughty things and we need to stop them and then the world will be a glorious green friendly place

i hate all the climate change discussion in general though because its always someone elses fault. i still want to slap people who i know are retweet activists and they go to the store and walk out with about 5lbs of plastic, take 4 showers a day, and don't like solar energy for their own home because "I don't save *that* much money"

personal responsibility is lame kids
    i mean shit is supposed to burn. if you dont want to deal with fire move east.

Title
    blunted in a 600

no, everything is UNPRECEDENTED by default now
    Take a shot every time you hear that, or 'inundated'

/ Henning

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

Really everything is just becoming KONY 2012

Title
    blunted in a 600

Holy fuck, that revelation becomes more relevant when you give it a few seconds to think about it

I remember it was my first year of my degree, like literally a few days in when that broke. It was a journalism class, and no one, not even the lecturer fact checked the whole Kony bullshit, and he was behind getting a ton of dumbass students to buy those $20 care packages or whatever. I remember being asked for money or to donate or whatever and I'm like ohhh I don't have any money on me and noped out of there

/ Henning

Title
    kind of respected user

I remember getting presentations about that shit in school and then a few months later never hearing about it again

Title
    _______

I remember all the dumb fucking girls who only care about their resumes being all about that shit on Facebook. I literally deleted my facebook cause of that shit.

Title
    blunted in a 600

Yeah that was the first real instance of 2010s social media activism

/ Henning

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

Quote Originally Posted by theonlysun81 View Post
    i mean shit is supposed to burn. if you dont want to deal with fire move east.
    Seems like it's the opposite in Australia though lol. But looking at their fire maps, it's hard to tell what's what because there will be about 20 fire markers in the same 10acre area and I cant tell if those are all individual starts or just how they show the spread