Page 3248 of 3249 FirstFirst ... 22482748314831983238324432453246324732483249 LastLast
Results 81,176 to 81,200 of 81208
    Title
    blunted in a 600

yeah weird it was only made public like 3 months later
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    Seattle Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by Stookie View Post
    yeah weird it was only made public like 3 months later
    It's fitting for dooms style

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by igrindtwinkies View Post
    Damn MF Doom died. Got into him cause of SBC 15 years ago. One of the first hip hop artists I got into.
    Made me wonder how long it would take for someone to mention him in this thread and it wasn’t me but someone did on the first page http://www.skateboard-city.com/messa...r-good-measure

I don’t mean this in a gatekeep-y way even though I know it probably sounds like it but it’s crazy to see how many people listened to him now. Just cause I remember being in hs and it seemed like only me and a couple other people knew about that whole side of hip hop or whatever. back then I could only talk about music like that online cause no one I knew in real life listened to it. But I think a lot more people just found stuff as they got older which is cool it just surprised me.

I never really get sentimental when ppl I don’t know die but I really do have memories with a lot of his songs... like when I was younger and learning to make beats I used to look up what doom sampled and then try to chop it up and recreate it to figure out how it worked. I showed his music to a bunch of old friends over the years too and they always had funny reactions to it. I think I’ve had the beat for “vomitspit” stuck in my head for like 12 years.

Come to think of it getting into doom/madlib/dilla when I did made me appreciate music in general a lot more because they could find samples in anything.
    Last edited by Fudopi; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:41 PM.

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

i thought he was dead long ago tbh

definitely a significant part of my 2008 life soundtrack. i was without a doubt the only 7th grader listening to mf doom in eastern mt

Title
    My Balls Itch

Ya, I kept most of my music taste a secret to my irl peers. in MS/HS people just thought I was weird for not listening to shit like Disturbed and 5FDP. I owe SBC and other online outlets for keeping me sane back then. Nowadays I don't live in a town of 3,000 people and have plenty of people to share my music tastes with.

I also remember that Mullensucks dude ranting hard about how much MF Doom sucks. That dude was so bitter and miserable lol, wonder what he's up to these days.
    skate or die g times

Title
    Seattle Freeze

that guy and his 6 inch long nipple hairs

Title
    My Balls Itch

I don't recall this. Please elaborate.
    skate or die g times

Title
    kind of respected user

Didn’t he die or am I thinking of someone else

But yeah he used to always just get on here and shit on everything lol

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

everybody dead

Title
    blunted in a 600

Quote Originally Posted by Fudopi View Post
    Didn’t he die or am I thinking of someone else

But yeah he used to always just get on here and shit on everything lol
    there were a few like him. struggling to remember other names but a few were just whining the whole time
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    / Henning

Title
    Seattle Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by igrindtwinkies View Post
    I don't recall this. Please elaborate.
    he used to put his hairy nipples as avatars to people he didn't like

Title
    Village Idiot

kinda sad to see this place die

Title
    My Balls Itch

This place isn't dieing, you're dieing.
    skate or die g times

Title
    Hi

I look back at lots of my old posts. And see how much of a conceited asshole I was. Not that I'm not now. But I can't believe I was here calling people fags and belittling people and bragging about really superficial shit. I can feel the arrogance permeating from all my posts. And the things I would say that I expected others to think was funny... wasn't really funny at all.

Yet still people responded, whether with indifference, meanness, or going along with it trying to make my input to this community be heard. Even when I would taunt people and put them down in order to draw attention to myself just to assuage my poor sense of self worth, people would listen and they would react. Incredibly, often with such love and support. People would even ask after me if i wasn't around for some time, or bring me up in such positive light in conversations i wasn't directly involved with.

But these days, I have never felt so insignificant. Feeling as if no matter what i say, no one would really listen. No matter how much i dump my heart into things, I would never have my being so much as noticed, let alone acknowledged. Online, I feel like i'm competing with such masters of attention grabbing and the powerful algorithms that support them, pushing me off into some dusty long forgotten server-space. And irl, i am just a ghost that floats through the shells of people whose mind have been uploaded somewhere and no longer respond to outside stimuli.

I kind of always knew how much of an asshole I was here, and how immature. There was always a voice in the back of my head saying "come on, what are you doing man, grow up". And since my last posts several years ago have made a big effort to be more humble and supportive to others. And I've really made a lot progress. But I wonder at what cost. For too long I set aside my efforts to be noticed and feel belonging in order use that energy on supporting others. And recently, I've been finding it hard to really give a shit about them any longer. And I'm wondering, maybe I was feeling more love for a stranger here on these forums when i was calling him a stupid faggot than I have been to my best friends as of late. With the online person I was playing a game of dominance and attention seeking, but at least i was willing to sit down and play that game with them. To have them be a part of my struggle and of my life. To value and notice them, even if not for the most pure reasons. It may be better than having friends where I am constantly holding back, because i am checking my energy levels, determining how much I can give them without running myself dry. Because I am not taking and fighting for what i need to keep my energy and lust for life up. Humility to point of negligence.

If i could do this life over, to go through the teenage years, as I did on this forum, I certainly wouldn't be so mean. But I would play these games again. They are so necessary to develop a community. To have this give and take relationship. and some kind of struggle that you grow together from. And i feel these days, the extremes of the game have been so amplified that an individual is either taking everything or giving it all. There will never be a level playing field, but now it seems that some people aren't even allowed to step on. Sidelined, completely powerless. Living off the bones others cast aside, rotting away in their starvation.

In any case, for any relevant person reading this. I'm sorry if I was ever a cunt to you. I know it hurts. Especially back in the early 2000s when people on forums like this were generally folks who couldn't fit in irl. It scathes especially bad for us. But thanks for being a part of me growing up. For allowing me to feel a part of a community as I was learning to love. And having made together something to look back to when I need to relearn some things about it.

Title
    blunted in a 600

you don't have to say sorry. i feel like that was part of being a teenager, particularly in the skateboarding community, and especially online where it was all concentrated. in skateboarding you had to grow a thick skinpost-forum era, and in the twitter hate era, there are way bigger assholes

/ Henning

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

Quote Originally Posted by HUnGary_SAmUraI View Post
    I look back at lots of my old posts. And see how much of a conceited asshole I was. Not that I'm not now. But I can't believe I was here calling people fags and belittling people and bragging about really superficial shit. I can feel the arrogance permeating from all my posts. And the things I would say that I expected others to think was funny... wasn't really funny at all.

Yet still people responded, whether with indifference, meanness, or going along with it trying to make my input to this community be heard. Even when I would taunt people and put them down in order to draw attention to myself just to assuage my poor sense of self worth, people would listen and they would react. Incredibly, often with such love and support. People would even ask after me if i wasn't around for some time, or bring me up in such positive light in conversations i wasn't directly involved with.

But these days, I have never felt so insignificant. Feeling as if no matter what i say, no one would really listen. No matter how much i dump my heart into things, I would never have my being so much as noticed, let alone acknowledged. Online, I feel like i'm competing with such masters of attention grabbing and the powerful algorithms that support them, pushing me off into some dusty long forgotten server-space. And irl, i am just a ghost that floats through the shells of people whose mind have been uploaded somewhere and no longer respond to outside stimuli.

I kind of always knew how much of an asshole I was here, and how immature. There was always a voice in the back of my head saying "come on, what are you doing man, grow up". And since my last posts several years ago have made a big effort to be more humble and supportive to others. And I've really made a lot progress. But I wonder at what cost. For too long I set aside my efforts to be noticed and feel belonging in order use that energy on supporting others. And recently, I've been finding it hard to really give a shit about them any longer. And I'm wondering, maybe I was feeling more love for a stranger here on these forums when i was calling him a stupid faggot than I have been to my best friends as of late. With the online person I was playing a game of dominance and attention seeking, but at least i was willing to sit down and play that game with them. To have them be a part of my struggle and of my life. To value and notice them, even if not for the most pure reasons. It may be better than having friends where I am constantly holding back, because i am checking my energy levels, determining how much I can give them without running myself dry. Because I am not taking and fighting for what i need to keep my energy and lust for life up. Humility to point of negligence.

If i could do this life over, to go through the teenage years, as I did on this forum, I certainly wouldn't be so mean. But I would play these games again. They are so necessary to develop a community. To have this give and take relationship. and some kind of struggle that you grow together from. And i feel these days, the extremes of the game have been so amplified that an individual is either taking everything or giving it all. There will never be a level playing field, but now it seems that some people aren't even allowed to step on. Sidelined, completely powerless. Living off the bones others cast aside, rotting away in their starvation.

In any case, for any relevant person reading this. I'm sorry if I was ever a cunt to you. I know it hurts. Especially back in the early 2000s when people on forums like this were generally folks who couldn't fit in irl. It scathes especially bad for us. But thanks for being a part of me growing up. For allowing me to feel a part of a community as I was learning to love. And having made together something to look back to when I need to relearn some things about it.
    asshole

Title
    Seattle Freeze

If you call some one a stupid faggot today you would have go to on an apology tour, then kiss some gay babies or something.

Title
    My Balls Itch

Quote Originally Posted by Stookie View Post
    you don't have to say sorry. i feel like that was part of being a teenager, particularly in the skateboarding community, and especially online where it was all concentrated. in skateboarding you had to grow a thick skinpost-forum era, and in the twitter hate era, there are way bigger assholes
    this is typical kid behavior. I can't stand most of the high school kids at the skatepark because of this.
    skate or die g times

Title
    blunted in a 600

Thankfully the number of times I've been to the skate park in recent times, no one's been there, or only a handful of scooter kids and they tend to clear off. If there are skaters, they're usually at least in their 20s and more chill. Skating seems to be a dying art here, at least among younger people. They're either on scooters, or indoors on twitch or whatever.

I remember 10-12-13 years ago, whatever, there were kids on the sides just heckling everyone. Fights would break out, it was mayhem lol

/ Henning

Title
    kind of respected user

I haven’t skated at all in several years I just stuck around this site for the homies but even when I did skate a lot when I was like 13-16 there was only like 3 or 4 kids at my school who skated and then a few other groups of 3 or 4 from different schools that would be at the skatepark but it was never really busy. There was never more than like 10-15 people there and half of them were usually just chilling and smoking lol.

Title
    Respected User

The park in my town is super fun to ride, it's just trashy as fuck so I really dislike going down there nowadays.

Title
    My Balls Itch

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    The park in my town is super fun to ride, it's just trashy as fuck so I really dislike going down there nowadays.
    Lol, Cook Park is right next to a homeless shelter I believe.
    skate or die g times

Title
    Seattle Freeze

I haven't been to skateparks on the regular but all the old street spots I used to hit have basically been redone with new buildings etc, the school up the road was completely redone and it looks like some fucking ugly grey rehab center.

I remember moving here 15 years ago and I was kicked off the school property 5 times in a day by the cops, there were like 5 other people there so we just kind of lurked around until the guy was sick of our shit.

Title
    blunted in a 600

I remember one weekend at the skatepark, it started raining so me, my friend and this other group a couple grades above me headed to this school to skate. couple of little ledges and gaps. it was a weird group, then at school the following day the older kids acted like nothing happened and that they weren't skating with us younger folk lol

/ Henning

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Fudopi View Post
    Made me wonder how long it would take for someone to mention him in this thread and it wasnít me but someone did on the first page http://www.skateboard-city.com/messa...r-good-measure

I donít mean this in a gatekeep-y way even though I know it probably sounds like it but itís crazy to see how many people listened to him now. Just cause I remember being in hs and it seemed like only me and a couple other people knew about that whole side of hip hop or whatever. back then I could only talk about music like that online cause no one I knew in real life listened to it. But I think a lot more people just found stuff as they got older which is cool it just surprised me.

I never really get sentimental when ppl I donít know die but I really do have memories with a lot of his songs... like when I was younger and learning to make beats I used to look up what doom sampled and then try to chop it up and recreate it to figure out how it worked. I showed his music to a bunch of old friends over the years too and they always had funny reactions to it. I think Iíve had the beat for ďvomitspitĒ stuck in my head for like 12 years.

Come to think of it getting into doom/madlib/dilla when I did made me appreciate music in general a lot more because they could find samples in anything.
    i'm not entirely sure this was doom, but i believe there were some skits involving him going to the record store and asking for old blue note records. i remember he goes "any reggae?" and the store clerk goes "no, no reggae" lol.

also speaking of which i'm pretty sure i saw one of the doom fakes in 2007.
    Last edited by drowning_fish; 4 Days Ago at 12:25 PM.
    loud black girls - wait what
    india songs
    "hell is other people" - the same guy who said "kissing a man without a mustache is like eating an egg without salt."
    "hell is also yourself." - r. crumb