Page 3240 of 3242 FirstFirst ... 224027403140319032303236323732383239324032413242 LastLast
Results 80,976 to 81,000 of 81049

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

everything's normal here and I hate it

at least most people wear a mask, but I had a pregnant lady stand like a foot away from me when waiting at walgreens today (line is always 5+ people long) so that was cool

also, after working with mostly the same people for 100 and some odd days straight now, 12+ hr/day I'm really starting to hate them. I went like a month without drinking, working out every day and doing my max cardio every other day but fuck, a few days ago I had to drink away the stupidity of these people and take two days off from any exercising. felt like absolute trash but i did get some release. i was expecting it given how much I hated people on my fire crew, but oh boy i wasnt expecting it this bad

those that have been here longer I'm already over the hateful hump, but the ones that came later are just garbage compared to others before them. they leave trash in my car, take the car for 3+ hours when they're not supposed to be gone for more than 30min, they fucking suck at filling out paper work: nobody initials and dates their shit, which is required for every single form, nor do they use proper nomenclature for anything. if I just let that shit slide and we got an audit, we would be fucc'd

as much as I want to go volunteer after all this, I contemplate heavily just going back to scotland and camping out somewhere for the winter in the highlands

Title
    Respected User

Love getting downvoted to oblivion for saying it's not ok to kill or beat someone up to the point of permanent brain damage just for saying the N-word.

Title
    My Balls Itch

Was this supposed to be a reddit post? Alot of shit on reddit turns into a hard circle jerk. I love Reddit, but keep in mind, a large part of the community is depressed, asperger's kids who live in their own echo chamber.
    skate or die g times

Title
    kind of respected user

even in reddit circles that are mostly reasonable people just disagreeing with the main opinion = downvotes.
    Last edited by Fudopi; 08-29-2020 at 06:58 PM.

Title
    CantWriteIfYouCantRelate
    Led Zeppelin, 151 & cranberry juice, skateboard+open road...

downvotes mean you're doing something right

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

confirmation bias is the plague to society

Reddit is an echo chamber

Reddit is the plague to society

And twitter

Title
    blunted in a 600

I'm part of one sub for a certain podcast and one week I dare said that that week's episode was kinda shit, and got downvoted to hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    Respected User

true. yeah I get it that it's usually a huge circle jerk and I usually don't have a big issue with it if it's a positive idea, but when it's pure toxicity I get appalled by people's blindness.

It's actually disgusting that people not only hold opinions like these, but it's actively encouraged and even rewarded to continue behaving like that. Someone wrote that they started blocking every white person on Facebook because they're all racist and everyone was like you go girl. Stupid ass people, they're picking their own scab. I try to avoid these people but it's leaking into every social media I use. I usually ignore it but I've been starting to question my own sanity so it's good that you guys agree with me.

I'm interested in how culture will change over the next 10-15 years. I do feel like we've hit a huge low in 2020 but I'm young so I probably haven't lived through enough lows to make a solid conclusion. Individual people are still amazing for the most part (well at least the ones I choose to interact with), but the media has polarized people to the point they don't feel comfortable holding views of either side of any topic simultaneously.
    Last edited by Tommyboy; 08-30-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Title
    My Balls Itch

If I spend too long on rateyourmusic.com the echo chamber makes me think Radiohead is the greatest band of all time.
    skate or die g times

Title
    CantWriteIfYouCantRelate

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyboy View Post
    I'm interested in how culture will change over the next 10-15 years. I do feel like we've hit a huge low in 2020 but I'm young so I probably haven't lived through enough lows to make a solid conclusion. Individual people are still amazing for the most part (well at least the ones I choose to interact with), but the media has polarized people to the point they don't feel comfortable holding views of either side of any topic simultaneously.
    there's your problem

mainstream and social media are problematic but it's not like you go outside and are blinded by how lovely everyone is.

sure some people are cool but a considerable part of the population really is:

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyboy View Post
    true. yeah I get it that it's usually a huge circle jerk and I usually don't have a big issue with it if it's a positive idea, but when it's pure toxicity I get appalled by people's blindness.

It's actually disgusting that people not only hold opinions like these, but it's actively encouraged and even rewarded to continue behaving like that. Someone wrote that they started blocking every white person on Facebook because they're all racist and everyone was like you go girl. Stupid ass people, they're picking their own scab. I try to avoid these people but it's leaking into every social media I use. I usually ignore it but I've been starting to question my own sanity so it's good that you guys agree with me.

get off reddit. get off the internet. albeit understandably hard in these times.

most of the shit people say online they would never say irl. it's easy to be hateful when the subject of your spite is not flesh and blood in front of you, but just text & an avatar on a screen. umsm makes a similar point above (i think? lol)

not to mention the fact that people are used to being shown content that already agrees with what they like (thank the algorithms, borne of marketing), so when confronted with differing opinions they don't know how to react. they either hide it or unlike it to get it out of their sight. people don't really go on reddit to have discussions anymore, but just to see content they like. it's more like tv than a messageboard. disliking is akin to changing the channel. if you want to have an actual discussion, it's sb-c or 4chan lol. both of which are messy and imperfect, but that's what discussions ought to be like!

because now i'm thinking about this... it would be interesting to compare the statistics of active (posting, writing) vs inactive (lurking) users on reddit vs, say, a messageboard. i'd predict that reddit would have a small number of active users, and a large majority of just people lurkin. whereas i feel a messageboard has a higher population of actually active users. just a theory.
    loud black girls - wait what
    india songs
    "hell is other people" - the same guy who said "kissing a man without a mustache is like eating an egg without salt."
    "hell is also yourself." - r. crumb

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

the perspectives aren't dichotomous though

still gonna find circle ego stroking irl, but there is of course more freedom as there is on message boards, and that's ultimately what its about. rather than simply being silenced/removed, even on sb-c in the glory days, if everyone hated you or disagreed with you, you could still spew your shit from your shiny red throne. better irl, sure, but far from perfect. and free-for-all subreddits do exist, even if its only temporary before they're flagged/quarantined/deleted.

im terribly biased though as im in the worst city in the world and all my good coworkers were replaced with a motley clique of bros that talk sports 24/7 and suck ass at their job and make no corrections or improvements. my edgy cynicism is going full misanthropy

ill probably be an active PETA member this time next year

Title
    My Balls Itch

Quote Originally Posted by drowning_fish View Post

because now i'm thinking about this... it would be interesting to compare the statistics of active (posting, writing) vs inactive (lurking) users on reddit vs, say, a messageboard. i'd predict that reddit would have a small number of active users, and a large majority of just people lurkin. whereas i feel a messageboard has a higher population of actually active users. just a theory.
    I think you are right. I rarely post on Reddit, unless it's to troll someone on my City's subreddit.

I deactivated my Facebook a few weeks back because it was (embarrassing to admit) distressing to me. Watching people I know who used to be somewhat reasonable, randomly start spewing shit like Pizzagate and attacking anyone who wasn't on board.

Duane Peters sums this all up really well in this post.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CElEWJ4lzsv/

"Orange man bad, you don't even want a second opinion."
    skate or die g times

Title
    blunted in a 600

Having a time-based cascade forum is better as it means you need to at least scroll past/read some opinions you may not agree with

If I'm on reddit, I regularly sort by New, or by 'Controversial' if I know that sub is particularly circle-jerky
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

10 more days and im out of this dual armpit and asshole of texas for a 5 day break

probably gonna send me somewhere worse next but THANK HEAVENS I NEVER HAVE TO RETURN TO THIS CITY

125 days. 125 nonstop days in hell. itll be over soon
    Last edited by UrMomSkatesMongo; 09-05-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

in other news, the sbc spam tumor is showing up everywhere. watch any remotely popular youtube video on finance or education and there will be a thread of comments like, "this is a great way to invest. I trusted Doodle Bob with a $5,000 investment and I had a 26,435 return in 2 months. I highly recommend" / "wow that's great I want to invest, how can I get in contact with Doodle Bob?!?!" / "me too, I want to invest with Doodle Bob" / "You can contact Doodle Bob via whatsapp +98 3428 43824"

Title
    My Balls Itch

Soon, they will take over our lives and make our decisions for us.
    skate or die g times

Title
    CantWriteIfYouCantRelate

Venture bros was announced as cancelled, they were writing their 8th and final season.

Title

I always come back here after a break up or during a spell of loneliness... Never thought say this but damn I need a hug.

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

this isnt the strip club

Title
    CantWriteIfYouCantRelate

Quote Originally Posted by UrMomSkatesMongo View Post
    this isnt the strip club
    oregon has a good place for that

Title
    CantWriteIfYouCantRelate

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

larz probably just sad about the new distancing rules

Title
    CantWriteIfYouCantRelate

he has weird island bimbos