Page 3249 of 3249 FirstFirst ... 2249274931493199323932453246324732483249
Results 81,201 to 81,208 of 81208
    Title

Quote Originally Posted by HUnGary_SAmUraI View Post
    I look back at lots of my old posts. And see how much of a conceited asshole I was. Not that I'm not now. But I can't believe I was here calling people fags and belittling people and bragging about really superficial shit. I can feel the arrogance permeating from all my posts. And the things I would say that I expected others to think was funny... wasn't really funny at all.

Yet still people responded, whether with indifference, meanness, or going along with it trying to make my input to this community be heard. Even when I would taunt people and put them down in order to draw attention to myself just to assuage my poor sense of self worth, people would listen and they would react. Incredibly, often with such love and support. People would even ask after me if i wasn't around for some time, or bring me up in such positive light in conversations i wasn't directly involved with.

But these days, I have never felt so insignificant. Feeling as if no matter what i say, no one would really listen. No matter how much i dump my heart into things, I would never have my being so much as noticed, let alone acknowledged. Online, I feel like i'm competing with such masters of attention grabbing and the powerful algorithms that support them, pushing me off into some dusty long forgotten server-space. And irl, i am just a ghost that floats through the shells of people whose mind have been uploaded somewhere and no longer respond to outside stimuli.

I kind of always knew how much of an asshole I was here, and how immature. There was always a voice in the back of my head saying "come on, what are you doing man, grow up". And since my last posts several years ago have made a big effort to be more humble and supportive to others. And I've really made a lot progress. But I wonder at what cost. For too long I set aside my efforts to be noticed and feel belonging in order use that energy on supporting others. And recently, I've been finding it hard to really give a shit about them any longer. And I'm wondering, maybe I was feeling more love for a stranger here on these forums when i was calling him a stupid faggot than I have been to my best friends as of late. With the online person I was playing a game of dominance and attention seeking, but at least i was willing to sit down and play that game with them. To have them be a part of my struggle and of my life. To value and notice them, even if not for the most pure reasons. It may be better than having friends where I am constantly holding back, because i am checking my energy levels, determining how much I can give them without running myself dry. Because I am not taking and fighting for what i need to keep my energy and lust for life up. Humility to point of negligence.

If i could do this life over, to go through the teenage years, as I did on this forum, I certainly wouldn't be so mean. But I would play these games again. They are so necessary to develop a community. To have this give and take relationship. and some kind of struggle that you grow together from. And i feel these days, the extremes of the game have been so amplified that an individual is either taking everything or giving it all. There will never be a level playing field, but now it seems that some people aren't even allowed to step on. Sidelined, completely powerless. Living off the bones others cast aside, rotting away in their starvation.

In any case, for any relevant person reading this. I'm sorry if I was ever a cunt to you. I know it hurts. Especially back in the early 2000s when people on forums like this were generally folks who couldn't fit in irl. It scathes especially bad for us. But thanks for being a part of me growing up. For allowing me to feel a part of a community as I was learning to love. And having made together something to look back to when I need to relearn some things about it.
    i actually learned a lot of how to effectively argue from arguing on this site. because i knew that if i left any gaps in my argument mullensucks or sclz or whoever would find it and rip it apart lmao
    loud black girls - wait what
    india songs
    "hell is other people" - the same guy who said "kissing a man without a mustache is like eating an egg without salt."
    "hell is also yourself." - r. crumb

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by drowning_fish View Post
    i'm not entirely sure this was doom, but i believe there were some skits involving him going to the record store and asking for old blue note records. i remember he goes "any reggae?" and the store clerk goes "no, no reggae" lol.

also speaking of which i'm pretty sure i saw one of the doom fakes in 2007.
    I know what skit you’re talking about it’s from the Quasimoto the unseen album
    Last edited by Fudopi; 3 Days Ago at 07:01 AM.

Title
    My Balls Itch

I'm really digging that Quasimoto album. Never listened to it before yesterday.
    skate or die g times

Title
    Respected User

Quas is a classic. Used to jam this all the time cause I fuckin loved the organ sample

Title
    My Balls Itch

Oh shit, Sticky Fingaz shared a sample with that track.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLOsUc8MbEg
    Last edited by igrindtwinkies; 3 Days Ago at 04:59 AM.
    skate or die g times

Title
    Respected User

YEah it's a dope sample. Another song I like has it as well

Not too into Retch but he has some solid tracks mixed in.

Title
    Seattle Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by drowning_fish View Post
    i actually learned a lot of how to effectively argue from arguing on this site. because i knew that if i left any gaps in my argument mullensucks or sclz or whoever would find it and rip it apart lmao

Title
    Seattle Freeze

Single housing family zone