Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: panic attacks

Title
    Respected User

Default panic attacks

so ive noticed recently, like in the past few months i guess, but mostly the past month in particular, ive been having panic attacks like all the fucking time.

not like full blown black-out panic attacks, but slight ones, where i can manage to sit down and stop what i'm doing and calm myself down before it gets worse.

but the thing is I can figure out why i keep having panic attacks... i'm not all that stressed out, i dont have a whole lot on my mind, im not all that busy. i cant even tell what's setting them off... like i'll just be walking to class and suddenly freak the fuck out about nothing.

its more just a hassle and annoying to deal with than anything, anyone have any advice for calming myself down? or any ideas why this might be happening?

as for frequency of it, it seems to happen maybe every few days to multiple times a day.

Title
    Respected User

Have you changed anything physically? Like sleep patterns, caffeine, something youre eating, etc.

I was real sick a while ago and it was causing me to have bad anxiety

Title
    Respected User

freak out like how?

i have panic attacks and bad anxiety. prescribed xanax for when times get rough. but i have parts of my arm go numb, or shake, sometimes feel faint; on top of all the mental anxiety. i'm also agoraphobic too though.

breathing is really helpful. its funny how many people don't know how to breathe properly. take deep breaths and try to clear your mind or focus it on some mundane thought or thing.

just don't confuse panic attacks with mental stress... your doctor if you have one can probably tell you whats up if you can describe all your symptoms.

Title

Thats what acid does to ya.
    Probably not. Its most likely some kind of disorder that medicine can heal.

Title
    banned

Smoking cigs and drinking a lot of caffeine really fucks with my anxiety.

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
    Smoking cigs and drinking a lot of caffeine really fucks with my anxiety.
    ^ ^ mhmm

especially more so if you start at an early age.

Title
    Respected User

i mean i smoke and drink alcohol and caffeine but ive been doing that for who knows how long... and this hasnt happened until recently. i havent really changed anything about my behavior or sleeping patterns or anything. and im not stressed at all.

breathing does help, thats how i get through most of them. i just breathe deep for a couple minutes and i feel okay. it just happens so frequently (two or three times today) and its just a hassle to deal with all the time.

i dont have health insurance or anything... i might be able to go to the health center here but i dont think they'll be able to prescribe anything for me.

dude you need health insurance man.... are you a uptight person?
    Baby Dick Mother Fuckers

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by new_skater99 View Post
    i mean i smoke and drink alcohol and caffeine but ive been doing that for who knows how long... and this hasnt happened until recently. i havent really changed anything about my behavior or sleeping patterns or anything. and im not stressed at all.

breathing does help, thats how i get through most of them. i just breathe deep for a couple minutes and i feel okay. it just happens so frequently (two or three times today) and its just a hassle to deal with all the time.

i dont have health insurance or anything... i might be able to go to the health center here but i dont think they'll be able to prescribe anything for me.
    this maybe it. When my friend got canceled from his insurance, he started freaking out. Stopped skating, stopped going out, he also pretty depressed at the time.

I also have mild anxiety. For me it gets hard to breathe, like i'm choking, and freezing at the same time.

Title
    Respected User

i dont have any money for health insurance haha
    im not uptight at all, im really relaxed about everything.

Title
    Ain't Nothin But A Peanut

Might be because you took 10 hits of acid.

That's sorta a repreration from that.

Repreration, pretty sure I made that word up, or spelled it wrong.

Title
    Respected User

it's been happening since before i did that... i was thinking that it was cause ive been taking a lot of drugs lately, but i rarely feel panicy on drugs... and ive also cut back since i took all that acid. i havent done any drugs since then, aside from drinking a couple times.

Title

Yes but you've been doing hallucinogens for some time now, or maybe I'm making that up in my mind. It's probably part of it, along with other life experiences.

Title
    Respected User

can it happen this suddenly though?

Title

Yup. Things will just change. It could be sudden, it could be gradual. My recomendation is to see a doctor, though I understand with you being in college and health insurance that's kinda hard.

Title
    Respected User

if i have some free time this week, i may stop by the health center. i have fridays off so that might be a good time to go. i just always feel dumb going to doctors, when theyre like "whats wrong?" and im like "uh... im having panic attacks, but they're not really panic attacks.." like i just feel like they never really know what im talking about.

also i feel like a dumbass being like "oh yeah i took ten hits of acid and generally take hallucinogens every couple weeks..." then its like why the fuck should they help me, this is my own damn fault.

i did notice today that theyre usually brought on by nausea, like usually after i eat, even if i just have a bagel or something, i'll start to feel sick and that will bring on a panic attack.

Title

Lay off the drugs for a while they will disappear over time. When i smoked pot all day everyday over a number of years i ended up with panic attacks and alot of anxiety.

I stopped for a few months and they disappeared and haven't come back since. Obviously hallucinogens and cannabis are slighlty different but maybe the same applys.

Title
    Respected User

The problem is probably in your abdominals. I would recommend doing 5 minutes of crunches at least 3 times a week.

Title
    crazy and cute

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
    Everyone should take this seriously. My girlfriend had a period when panic atacks were happening often. I had to go with her everywhere, couldn't let her alone. Her escape were the medications. Amitriptyline it's called (visit site). After taking them the problems passed but she's cautious and still has them in her bag.
    i cant help but think that the sole purpose of making an account was to post this.

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

Drug sales are down! Spam the ancient forums!

Title
    My Balls Itch

I wonder whatever came of Newskater.
    skate or die g times

Title
    _______

He's probably living at some really old rich guy's mansion in North Philly as his sex servant.

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by igrindtwinkies View Post
    I wonder whatever came of Newskater.
    Me too. Wonder if I could sleuth him out in Philly assuming he's still alive/in Philly.

Title
    blunted in a 600

Is there a gay neighbourhood in Philly?

I remember when he was getting into heroin, I thought that was end game for him
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    Respected User

There's a "gayborhood" but it's more like a collection of gay-friendly establishments, not necessarily full of gay people living there. And yeah heroin can end a lot of people, if not physically then mentally (not in a going crazy kind of way, just in a you'll never be able to live a normal life kind of way).