Title
    Rook'

Default Fun street lines

YouTube - Aymeric Nocus fun lines 01/22/2010

just some lines at my favorite local spot I improvised this evening for fun, my friend and I were just messing around and swapping roles giving each other the camera back and forth for kicks and giggles and so on, and what happened happened. Simple stuff but I like the results

oh yeah and I forgot to post this the other day but
    YouTube - Aymeric Nocus skating a (rad) Yama deck for www.mighty-moe.com
    it's basically the same format, three clips at the same spot, just older, they were filmed a couple months ago, back in october I think. I put up the clip for my local shop the other day and forgot to post it on here, the first clip you might have already seen in a throwaway montage, and I don't like the last clip w/ the baby wallie but w/e the idea behind the trick was pretty comical
    'Style is the hallmark of a temperament stamped upon the material at hand.' (André Maurois)

Quote Originally Posted by gsosa View Post
    The sound/feeling of rolling on bricks is the best ever

Title
    Respected User

I was liking those switch varial heelflips in the first one. Out of all the heelflip variations there are that would be the one I'd like to have on lock the most. Man, that first spot just seems to have everything you'd want. Some stairs, a bank you can ollie out too, ledges. It never seems crowded by people or anything either.

In the second line I like how you did that switch fs 360 with the pivot and the front foot impossible always seems to impress me. I like that last clip alot. I'd like a wallie spot like that one to practice on. You could probably front 180 wallie to switch manny and then switch 180 out of that down the stairs or something.

Title

Fuck, wish i could front wallie.

Props for that, and laid back lines

Title
    Rook'

Quote Originally Posted by krudcoisraw88 View Post
    I was liking those switch varial heelflips in the first one. Out of all the heelflip variations there are that would be the one I'd like to have on lock the most. Man, that first spot just seems to have everything you'd want. Some stairs, a bank you can ollie out too, ledges. It never seems crowded by people or anything either.

In the second line I like how you did that switch fs 360 with the pivot and the front foot impossible always seems to impress me. I like that last clip alot. I'd like a wallie spot like that one to practice on. You could probably front 180 wallie to switch manny and then switch 180 out of that down the stairs or something.
    Thanks, yeah sw varial heelflips are really fun, one of my favorite tricks, they feel really cool to do (and are probably easier) on banks too. They are pretty easy when you have decent switch frontside pop shoves, you just kick out, try them nollie first maybe, I don't think you even need to be good at switch heelflips for it seeing as I'm terrible at sw heels yet I can sw varial heel. About the spot, yeah I love it, I grew up skating it and it's like my second home, I've been skating it for close to a decade now, I learned pretty much all my tricks there. It has everything a skater needs, it's a bit harder to skate than it looks though, and the worst part is that you always get kicked out and / or fined.

About the sw frontside 360 to be honest that one was pretty bad haha I can usually do them better than that, but still thanks. 180 wallie revert would be so fucked, you need all your speed just to do wallie manny ollie out haha but yeah why not, technically it's possible, maybe in another decade or something.

Quote Originally Posted by swordman540 View Post
    Fuck, wish i could front wallie.

Props for that, and laid back lines
    Thanks man, I learned my wallies frontside and straight over before I learned backside ones (which I'm still pretty bad at), they aren't too hard, just find a little ledge or block to practice on and voilà
    'Style is the hallmark of a temperament stamped upon the material at hand.' (André Maurois)

Title
    Respected User

i liked. wow u seem to be able to do switch varial heels so easily. really laid back like.
    Quote Originally Posted by almostleroy
    idk, i just thought jizzing in socks was something normal
    Quote Originally Posted by almostleroy
    i have several friends who say they do it so i just imagined its super common

Title
    White Russian

Really liked the first thirty second line, that was really sick. Also liked the fs wallie manny.

Title
    Rook'

Thanks guys. And yeah Jake that's my favorite line of the bunch too. I find it funny how my footage is always better when I improvise my lines on the go and do basics, than when I think everything up beforehand and try hard

Title
    Rook'

Bumpage, if you don't mind, since I'm pretty stoked on how the first one turned out

Title
    Rook'

your lines are really good to watch because they look like you're just skating around, doing what you feel like doing.

props when I can.
    Last edited by HeelGic; 01-24-2010 at 05:29 AM.

Title
    Rook'

Thanks man, that's what happened really haha nothing of it was planned, it's stuff I nailed first try as my friend and I were just messing around, cruising around and giving each other the camera back and forth, taking turns, and I kept the best bits. That's why I'm pretty stoked, and I'm seriously considering not to film anything that I have to try hard in order to get it anymore from now on

Title
    Rook'

Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    I'm seriously considering not to film anything that I have to try hard in order to get it anymore from now on
    sounds like an interesting idea. I don't know about you but at least for me, there's nothing better than the feeling of finally landing a trick you've been trying over and over. you shouldn't give up that feeling.

Title
    Rook'

Haha I'm over that feeling, except every once in a while, something that applies for me is that the more I try a trick, the less I should be trying it, because when I eventually land it and watch the footage it shows that it wasn't spontaneous / natural and eventually it just looks like shit. The way I see progression is that I'm not going to film a trick that's hard for me right now, until I become able to do it over and over so much that it becomes easy and I can actually make it look interesting or at least presentable. Surprisingly enough the more you skate the more you realize that doing tricks that are just plain hard or look complex isn't the actual hard part, or the most rewarding part in skateboarding

even in terms of what I like to watch now, I'd rather watch someone just cruise around and do ollies and pop shoves and kickflips and shit, accessible stuff, but making it look good and easy on the eyes, than young kids pulling off perfect switch flip back tail big flips or anything complex, or robotically throwing themselves down big sets, sure it's hard as fuck it just doesn't appeal to me
    Last edited by MRCK; 01-24-2010 at 07:01 AM.

Title
    Skate fast ya cunt!

Quote Originally Posted by ChettyThomas View Post
    one of my friends fingered his chick with cheeto dust on his fingers and she got a yeast infection.

Title
    Rook'

ah, I guess you're right, especially considering how you skated years ago and how you skate now. the part about being able to do a trick over and over so that it becomes easy actually reminds me of my fs 360 shuvs on hips. I filmed them 3 or 4 times and they still look like shit, haha.

Title
    Rook'

I would posi just you for saying that if only the site let me haha

Title
    Rook'

One last bump before I let it go, I guess

Title
    sucks

i feel like ive been at that spot by now haha. i have like a perfect mental map of it. and youre older than me? is this true?
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn Cakes
    You'll hear TMK's name quite a lot here.
    Half of sbc bitches about him and the other half is cool with him.
    RIP Hunner Payne 1/6/91 - 5/13/07

Title
    Rook'

That first clip was quite relaxing. I enjoyed watching it. You have nice no-comply's.

Title
    Rook'

i liked the first video. had a good vibe to and makes me wanna skate really bad since i havent in so long. im so ready for winter to be over so we can have some good skating weather. and your sw varial heels are soooo good

Title
    Perma Banned

Realness.

Title
    Rook'

Quote Originally Posted by toomanykickflips View Post
    i feel like ive been at that spot by now haha. i have like a perfect mental map of it. and youre older than me? is this true?
    Haha I'm not sure, I'm 22, I can't remember how old you are exactly. According to your facebook your birthday is tomorrow though ?

and thanks for the appreciation everyone, really stoked you liked it

Title
    sucks

yeah man im 21 tomorrow. haha wack. i think dylan is a year younger than me? idk. age is so weird. its not something i ever think about except for when it matters, like 16, 18, and 21.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn Cakes
    You'll hear TMK's name quite a lot here.
    Half of sbc bitches about him and the other half is cool with him.
    RIP Hunner Payne 1/6/91 - 5/13/07

Title
    Rook'

Haha happy birthday then, and yeah age is fucked, time is fucked in general, it goes by too fast, 2009 feels like it just flied because I'm under the impression that things I've done last year were yesterday, and I'm 22 but I still feel like I'm 17 at heart, but all in all it's just a scary number. As the Gonz says the older you get, the more you realize that age doesn't matter.

I could understand why you would think I'm younger than I am haha everyone always says that I don't look my age at all

Title
    Romans 10:9-10..check it!

You have such old school style when skating.