Title
    Romans 10:9-10..check it!

Default MATH HELP PLZZZZZ posi awarded to those who answer...

The access code for a cars security system consists of four digits. The First digit cannot be 5 and the last digit must be odd. How many different codes are available?

I know the number of different codes available for this problem is 4500....but I need to know how to find out that answer.

also this problem:

A certain lottery has 38 numbers. In how many different ways can 4 of the numbers be selected? (assume that order of selection is not important)

i know the answer is 73815 but again i need to know how to end up with that number...

i've looked through my books and can't figure it out so any math wizzes on here... i'd greatly appreciate your help! thanks!
    Last edited by skater fo ever; 02-06-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Title
    Respected User

ok, the first digit can be any digit except 6. so there are 9 possibilities for the first digit.

For the second and third digit, you can have any number from 0 to 9, so that 10 possibilities.

the last digit has to be odd, so you can only choose from 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9. thats possibilities for the last digit.

Thus, there are 9 x 10 x 10 x 5 = 4500 different codes available.

Title

2nd one is 38C4 on your calculator. its a combination. it comes out to 73815.

Use the formula nCr where N=38 r=4.

Write it like this

38! / 4! (38 - 4)! = 73815

heres a calculator
    http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calcul...mbinations.php
    Last edited by readmyname; 02-06-2011 at 02:37 PM.
    :/

Title
    Romans 10:9-10..check it!

ah thanks guys!

posi'd both of you.

Title

I am not very strong on math, but there I see that is possible to make a consequence of first three numbers. In the lottery are possible many of combinations and I exactly now that there is the way how to choose the numbers that have the biggest possibily of winning. I am not very sure if I would choose my lucky numbers or the sequence of 777 will make me to win. I do not why but people really believe in the lucky meaning of 777 , it was influenced by gambling and jackpot but in usual life it doesn't mean so. Here https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-777-meaning/ you can read the meaning of 777 and be aware that the probability to win would be not very big if you choise 777
    Last edited by PapaJohn; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:45 AM.

Title
    blunted in a 600

fucking hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.