Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: hardest sports?

Title

^ho ho street plant, invertes on vert

Title
    Respected User

Yea, but its not like...constantly.

Title

shutup baseball really isn't hard the only aspect is dependepnt upon your position.
    Catch and pitch
    catch and hit.

easy as shit noone cares ho w fast the ball is or if it does fucking loop de loops, it's two things over and over and over.

it's a waste of your life if you spend your whole childhood years practicing and playing it and don't end up in the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra. View Post
    shutup baseball really isn't hard the only aspect is dependepnt upon your position.
    Catch and pitch
    catch and hit.

easy as shit noone cares ho w fast the ball is or if it does fucking loop de loops, it's two things over and over and over.

it's a waste of your life if you spend your whole childhood years practicing and playing it and don't end up in the pros.
    not at all... pitching is hard as fuck, and hitting is hard as fuck. that's why most people who DO spend their lives practicing it still aren't even close to perfect. if repetition of the activity constitutes difficulty to you, i suppose soccer is mindnumbingly easy because its just running and kicking. basketball too, its just running and throwing. boxing is just punching. golfing is just swinging a club. any sport actually can be reduced to one or two actions, really.

there was a list from some magazine that's been floating around, and I think it rated boxing as the hardest sport. I don't think it included MMA/UFC stuff so that might arguably be tougher.

Title

i'd rather watch a baseball player beat his 4 inch steroid bat then watch a baseball game
    THUMBS DOWN

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by CTskater94 View Post
    exactly

hitting a round ball with a round bat square.. not that easy. plus how long have you been playing baseball? because most people start early and have been playing for a long number of years
    Since I was a baby...

When I was like 2 I went to my first cubs game, and my dad would put on the cubs/tigers and I would imitate the players.

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper View Post
    im pretty sure mixed martial arts isnt a sport...
    you dont have set scoring, so it isnt a sport

but with baseball, a 95 mph fastball, you have .2 seconds to react.
    so if you blink you have missed the ball already.

plus the when the ball goes into play, there is a whole lot more space for the ball to go than in anyother sport.
    Okay, wrestling is a sport, boxing is a sport. but if you put the two together it's not a sport?

And for baseball, it's a lot more time than that if you think about it. Cause look, the batter starts his motion when the pitcher starts his, he stops the motion when he realizes the ball is off the plate.

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by crooked09 View Post
    not at all... pitching is hard as fuck, and hitting is hard as fuck. that's why most people who DO spend their lives practicing it still aren't even close to perfect. if repetition of the activity constitutes difficulty to you, i suppose soccer is mindnumbingly easy because its just running and kicking. basketball too, its just running and throwing. boxing is just punching. golfing is just swinging a club. any sport actually can be reduced to one or two actions, really.

there was a list from some magazine that's been floating around, and I think it rated boxing as the hardest sport. I don't think it included MMA/UFC stuff so that might arguably be tougher.
    Oh yeah the ESPN top 10 toughest sports, I posted that a while back...

Here I'll try to find it again.

yeah this

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills

Title
    Hi

Yea i'd have to say skateboarding for sure

you do'nt get hurt more in any other sport based on skill level you know

Title

on sports science, out of all the tests they did, hitting a major league pitch was the hardest.

there is a lot more to baseball than "hitting a ball and running in a circle". strategy is huge, there are so many aspects.

but these threads always turn into a popularity contest anyway.

Title
    Respected User

Waterpolo

Title
    O-K):

dumb question, theres no limit to how good you can get in any sport therefore there is no "hardest" one

but if there was itd be hockey, haha jk

Quote Originally Posted by HUnGary_SAmUraI View Post
    Yea i'd have to say skateboarding for sure

you do'nt get hurt more in any other sport based on skill level you know
    motocross

ski jumping

bmx even

Title

Its hard to say....all sports have their own techniques that people find HARD to learn...so there's really no answer... just skate kid

Title
    Slacker
    Eat, drink, and be merry, tomorrow you may die That's what life's about man, good times...

I still think tough man and worlds strongest man contests take the cake, I like watching the injuries that happen. Some dude was running with a fridge strapped to his back and all of a sudden his right leg gives out and snaps, looked like fucking rubber bending the opposite way.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by king View Post
    but if there was itd be hockey, haha jk
    It's actually second on that ESPN list...

I would say hockey but its a biased opinion, I've played since I was 4. I've played other sports, and none of them stand up to hockey IMO (out of baseball, basketball, football, and soccer)

Everyones just going to say the sport they like the most anyway...95% of people that say hockey is easy haven't even played legit ice hockey before...
    http://www.skateboard-city.com/messa...d.php?t=208941
    ^Why you shouldn't order from CCS.com

I was injured during the battle of Zoklet vs. SB-C...

wrestling or mma are probably the toughest

Title

that list is fucked, swimming is like close to last. competitive swimming is brutal

Title

Quote Originally Posted by crooked09 View Post
    motocross

ski jumping

bmx even
    That's my sport.

Anyway, rugby has to be considered because you are moving nonstop, the field is way bigger than football's and they don't wear pads.

Title
    Retired Staff

If its included, snooker would be one of the hardest games to play skill wise.
    Days Of The Phoenix
    -=============-
    I remember when I was told of story of crushed velvet, candle wax, and dried up flowers. The figure on the bed all dressed up in roses, calling.beckoning to sleep offering a dream. The words were as mystical as purring animals. The circle of rage the ghosts on the stage appeared. The time was so tangible I\\'ll never let it go. Ghost stories handed down, reached secret tunnels below. No one could see me. I fell into yesterday. Our dreams seemed not far away.

Title
    Guru User

Gloucester cheese rolling.

Title
    Retired Staff

Hey man that's dangerous shit :P

hmm do you know I'm from Glos? I'm unsure if that is actually aimed at me
    Days Of The Phoenix
    -=============-
    I remember when I was told of story of crushed velvet, candle wax, and dried up flowers. The figure on the bed all dressed up in roses, calling.beckoning to sleep offering a dream. The words were as mystical as purring animals. The circle of rage the ghosts on the stage appeared. The time was so tangible I\\'ll never let it go. Ghost stories handed down, reached secret tunnels below. No one could see me. I fell into yesterday. Our dreams seemed not far away.

Title
    Guru User

Nah, just coincidence, haha.

I'd love to take part in a cheese roll. And how good would it be to be able to say you won one.

I've seen one of the hills they do it down, the thing is ruddy massive.

Title
    Perma Banned
    Neg me, faggot. // I'm searching hard for a sign from heaven, but they've forgotten me here.

moto, bmx(that shit is hard, i do it sometimes), cricket(fuck you, imagine running up and down a crease a few hours a day in nothing but sun wearing pads, and imagine doing it in a black kit like New Zealand), downhill mountain biking(pulling 360s off 100ft drops)

Title
    Perma Banned

MMA hands down. training 3 times a day 10 months out of the year. constantly getting your legs kicked, your face punched, your neck choked. fighters have to go through brutal strength and conditioning programs