Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: hardest sports?

Title
    Squares Need Not Apply

Quote Originally Posted by MartyRules View Post
    I can agree with this, even just the training is harder then most sports for boxing
    Yeah, I have to agree that boxing is the hardest sport, the training is fucking insane. Not to mention the dedication and knowing that it can cause Alzheimer and other brain injuries.

Title

Rugby

for 80 minutes you're running up and down a 100 meter field basically without breaks. You spend all your energy fighting off the other team every time the ball goes down and get back up and either tackle the roidragein' motherfucker who has the ball or grapple with said riodragein' mother fucker to protect the ball again. It takes some serious conditioning to play that sport. (But MMA/fighting wins my vote for short bursts of intensity)

God, I love rugby.
    Get you some. 2012 4 Nations Rugby Rd 1 Australia vs New Zealand (Full) - YouTube

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Know View Post
    Rugby

for 80 minutes you're running up and down a 100 meter field basically without breaks. You spend all your energy fighting off the other team every time the ball goes down and get back up and either tackle the roidragein' motherfucker who has the ball or grapple with said riodragein' mother fucker to protect the ball again. It takes some serious conditioning to play that sport. (But MMA/fighting wins my vote for short bursts of intensity)

God, I love rugby.
    Get you some. 2012 4 Nations Rugby Rd 1 Australia vs New Zealand (Full) - YouTube
    Rugby isn't even that hard, it's already been decided Boxing wins

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Title
    blunted in a 600

^ lol I'm guessing you've never played or watched a season of rugby before/know the intricacies of the sport

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rug...nch-rugby.html

I know a guy who used to play in France and he said they have by far the hardest 'rugby culture' to succeed in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    Chronic Discontent
    I am not going there to die, I am going there to find out if I am really alive

sports fucking suck.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by mr mojo risin' View Post
    sports fucking suck.
    Skateboarding is a sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Stookie View Post
    ^ lol I'm guessing you've never played or watched a season of rugby before/know the intricacies of the sport

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rug...nch-rugby.html

I know a guy who used to play in France and he said they have by far the hardest 'rugby culture' to succeed in.
    I have played, but it's probably easier here since it's not big in the US

Title
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MartyRules View Post
    Rugby isn't even that hard, it's already been decided Boxing wins
    Who decided boxing wins? I would hardly call it the hardest sport, sure it takes a lot of physical strength and endurance, as well as coordination but if boxing is the hardest sport then what about various forms martial arts? Those are way more complex than boxing and take a lot longer to master.

Title

Title
    Banned

This is sb-c, not espn... I could give less a shit about the opinion of a sports analyst.

Title

They did the research, not like anyone on here has the means to do that.

Title
    crazy and cute

soccer(futball)

constant running and injruies for days

Title
    Respected User

major league gaming

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Quote Originally Posted by Lisztomania View Post
    soccer(futball)

Ehhhhhh, imo soccer is lower than most, if not all, major professional sports. There is plenty of walking involved too depending on where the ball is, and the injuries are for the most part common running injuries because the amount of contact allowed in soccer is pathetic. Especially with them flopping all over the place.

Fighting sports with mma being at the top/ hockey at a close second if not tied with 1st/ football/ etc imo

Title
    Respected User

I'd say Quidditch.

Title
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lisztomania View Post
    soccer(futball)

The constant running isn't that hard to train for, it's pretty much a mix of long distance/interval training which if you're able to push yourself just about anyone can become good at. The ball skills just come with practice and time too, I fuck around with soccer quite a bit and when I first started I couldn't do shit with my left foot and now I can do just about everything with that foot that I can with my right. So I wouldn't exactly say it's that hard.

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

I learned that looking down lesson pretty damn fast haha. First ice hockey game in a competitive league on my first shift I got wrecked. I haven't been hit that hard since then.

Title
    Banned

Fuck I got a pretty bad concussion in my last game of spring selects a few years ago. I had my head up and was going for a puck in the corner and this kid full on checked me head first into the boards. I blacked out for a moment and got back up and was dumb enough to finish the game and then drive home after even though I was just in a constant daze.

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

I miss hitting people, I haven't played in a competitive/school league in awhile. Only roller hockey since I was 18. I wanna get back into a decent ice hockey league again soon, but I have injuries that should probably be addressed first.

That being said, my worst hockey related injury came from roller hockey when I dislocated my shoulder and tore my labrum haha.

Title
    Banned

Yeah dude that's why I hate watching it, whenever I do I wanna go wreck someone on the ice haha.

Title

Extreme sport

Title
    O-K):

Gotta disagree with anyone saying mma. Hardest on your body? Maybe, but thats another debate, but i have a tough time considering it the hardest when its literally the only major sport i can think of where you see guys make it to the biggest stage who have only been doing it a few years. sports like hockey take years of development from the time players are just kids to even have a chance.

Soccer easily has the most competition but yeah as others said its also a pretty tame sport. I gotta go with hockey on this even tho i sound biased as a canadian but i just think it requires the biggest mix of skill, cardio, strength, and in depth knowledge of the gamE. Its also very competetive and hard to make the top leagues. I dont know tons about rugby tho but it does seem like another one thats up there

Title
    Village Idiot

Boxing, wrestling, and/or judo. I get exhausted every practice.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by king View Post

but i just think it requires the biggest mix of skill, cardio, strength, and in depth knowledge of the gamE.
    What about aussie rules football?