Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Christophsal View Post
    So, why is it that ABEC 5 bearings are better than 7s?
    Because ABEC doesn't mean shit in skating. It's gimmicky stuff, ABEC is a rating for machine load on industrial bearings. Quality differs brand to brand, which is why higher end bearings sometimes don't go by the ABEC system.

fyi 40,000 rpm with 52mm wheels ~ 250 mph. Not really sure how bearings rated for more than that would help

Title
    Banned

I'm not convinced the guy is who typed that is an expert

sounds like an advert for bones Swiss and speed creme to me

I am running bones Swiss now and do use speed creme

but

my reds that I gave away where faster and "smoother" I tryed speed creme and machine oil and cleaned them regularly, they ran like a dream with sowing machine oil - far superior to Swiss or any other bearing I've rode.

I've been riding Bones Swiss for a while and just tried Bronson Speed Co G3's last summer and love them! They are more expensive than reds but way cheaper than swiss and are super smooth and fast. They are under the same umbrella as Independent Trucks and they fully redesigned most parts of the bearings like the shields, cage and balls.
    http://shop.shredzshop.com/independe...arings-g3.html

Title

Running a set of Andale abec 7's now and I've only really skated them one day but they're decent. They don't free spin that fast but they're really quiet and smooth. Once I break them in I'm sure they'll get a bit faster. It's funny how my shake junt abec 3's and mini logos spin faster.