Page 865 of 869 FirstFirst ... 365765815855861862863864865866867868869 LastLast
Results 21,601 to 21,625 of 21712
    Title
    blunted in a 600

what happened to your pos red impreza again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

pos?

Only problem with it was I hit a deer and then the body shop ruined the transmission - got it all fixed though. I sold it to my brother years ago. He still has it

Title
    blunted in a 600

oh i just remember it always being towed or something
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    / Henning

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

Yeah it was like a 8 month process but entirely the fault of the body shop

Title
    Respected User

Finding a drivable car under $800 or so here is a miracle.

Title
    blunted in a 600

there's plenty of shit around here that could be driveable for under $800, more broadly under $1000, but will often have crucial shit wrong with it like AC compressor gone, bald tyres etc.

here you also need a roadworthy cert (yearly in some states) and to pay registration, which is like $600+ a year, which these cheap cars don't have

to get a well sorted car with a roadworthy, and some registration left for under $2500 is a miracle

that said if you know a mechanic they can just rubber stamp that roadworthy for you, it's the biggest farce in Australian automotive aside from the luxury car tax

/ Henning

Title
    Respected User

Pennsylvania has yearly mandatory inspections and emissions testing but they usually don't run over $100 (and you can be exempt from emissions if car is driven under 5000 miles a year), and yearly registration is like $40. Supposedly they've started putting microchips in the inspection stickers so they're harder to fake, but I haven't confirmed this. How are insurance prices out there? Here it's about $700-$1000 per year for minimum coverage if you're an average driver with average credit.

Title
    blunted in a 600

Yeah $40 would be a fuckin dream. But idk, at least in some states here, your exorbitant registration fee covers ambulance, so if you need one you aren't charged. And also CTP insurance, so like, if you run someone over, you are covered for up to 20 million if they sue you or whatever

Insurance varies wildly, but generally it seems lower in price, but I feel like you get less for your money here.

I paid about $500 for my Mazda 3 insurance, but that's on the lower end. Other insurers wanted $700ish. On my lexus I was paying $750, while others wanted $1000

I was surprised, I did a quote for a new Golf R and it was only about $700-$800. I guess the 'Golf' moniker tricks some insurers heh

/ Henning

Title
    Respected User

That's not too bad. Also y'all get paid a bit more on average in AUD don't you? Here from what I understand insurers tend to differentiate between 2 and 4 door cars pretty heavily in terms of risk, regardless of brand/model, which seems pretty dumb.

Title
    A shitty island in Greece where skate spots dont exist and you get kicked out 24/7 pls kill me <3 :)

That's some pretty fucking expensive insurance, damn.
    My brother pays 700 I think for his CLA-180, and it covers everything I think. Theft, arson, crashing into someone, crashing into inanimate objects etc etc

shittherewassupposedtobeacommaonmyusername

Title
    blunted in a 600

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_wigger View Post
    That's not too bad. Also y'all get paid a bit more on average in AUD don't you? Here from what I understand insurers tend to differentiate between 2 and 4 door cars pretty heavily in terms of risk, regardless of brand/model, which seems pretty dumb.
    Min wage just went up to like 19.40 an hour lol so yeah, but we have a big middle class, with a pretty thin top order, and our top tax rate only kicks in at 180k, way lower than US. I think our purchasing power parity is actually lower tho

Quote Originally Posted by Probably NerkaN Who Knows View Post
    That's some pretty fucking expensive insurance, damn.
    My brother pays 700 I think for his CLA-180, and it covers everything I think. Theft, arson, crashing into someone, crashing into inanimate objects etc etc
    It covers all those things except for running into someone, that's what our registration covers

/ Henning

Title
    Administrator

Our poor little Fiat is in an increasingly bad way.
    Just had a 1,750 tax bill (about $2,250) and quite seriously need to book the Fiat in for some work that i can't do myself - various belt changes, engine mounts need replacing, so that's going to be another couple of grand.

In conclusion... I will be spending a lot of money in the next month or so

Title
    blunted in a 600

Might it be a better idea to just scrap it? The way car prices go in the UK you could prob nab a bargain for cheaper than the bill, if it's really gonna be 2k

/ Henning

Title
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Stookie View Post
    Might it be a better idea to just scrap it? The way car prices go in the UK you could prob nab a bargain for cheaper than the bill, if it's really gonna be 2k
    Doubt we'd get anything as nice for the price, would end up spending more for sure.
    But yeah, had definitely crossed my mind...

Would ideally like to keep this car going till we can afford whatever small(ish) electric car Tesla ends up making... I am rock hard for Tesla.

Title
    A shitty island in Greece where skate spots dont exist and you get kicked out 24/7 pls kill me <3 :)

Quote Originally Posted by Vivica View Post
    Our poor little Fiat is in an increasingly bad way.
    Just had a 1,750 tax bill (about $2,250) and quite seriously need to book the Fiat in for some work that i can't do myself - various belt changes, engine mounts need replacing, so that's going to be another couple of grand.

In conclusion... I will be spending a lot of money in the next month or so
    Never was a fan of the looks of that car but must be fun af to drive

Title
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Probably NerkaN Who Knows View Post
    Never was a fan of the looks of that car but must be fun af to drive
    On an island with roads as small as ours it's pretty much ideal... Can reverse it at speed around little country lanes no worries.
    When i take it to England it does feel pretty underpowered joining onto motorways, but day to day it's totally fine.
    Would have preferred an Abarth model but it's my wife's car that she's had for the last... 8 years or so.

Small cars are boss.

Title
    Respected User

What model do you have? Can't comment on looks without knowing...

Also the BMW i3 is an OK small car though it looks goofy af and is expensive because BMW

Title
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_wigger View Post
    What model do you have? Can't comment on looks without knowing...

Also the BMW i3 is an OK small car though it looks goofy af and is expensive because BMW
    Link in original post, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6X-s2NW...pg&name=medium

And nah... Wouldn't touch the i3... Bleugh.

Title

On an island with roads as small as ours it's pretty much ideal... Can reverse it at speed around little country lanes no worries.
    When i take it to England it does feel pretty underpowered joining onto motorways, but day to day it's totally fine.
    Would have preferred an Abarth model but it's my wife's car that she's had for the last... 8 years or so.

Small cars are boss.
    I live on an island just outside Athens, so I can understand the practicality side of it.
    How much power does it make?

Title
    Respected User

Link in original post, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6X-s2NW...pg&name=medium

And nah... Wouldn't touch the i3... Bleugh.
    oh jeez how did I miss that

anyway I've heard 500s are fun cars though they tend to fall apart

Title
    Respected User

My friends and I worked on our cars last weekend. First two pics are my car. We got the wiring hooked up to the relays that run my switch panel that connect to my accessories. I was finally able to test out my fuccn sicc underglow that I mounted like 2 weeks ago. My CB radio works but the antenna could use some fine tuning. Should be enough to communicate with the other cars in our group while we're offroading. I still gotta hook up the light bar up top.

The next two photos are of my friends car. Its got 350k miles and he fried 1st and 4th gear in the auto trans trying to yank someone's car out of a ditch. We found a 5-speed manual in a junkyard and we're attempting the swap. Subaru made it pretty easy and the trans mount and crossmember bolt up to the chassis without much trouble. My friend is working on adapting the automatic's TCU to work with a manual trans. There was a pretty detailed video on youtube that we're following. The wiring harness needs to be tricked into thinking that its hooked up to things like the speed sensor, neutral sensor, parking sensor, etc.

I think this weekend we're gonna be working on giving the motor new seals, timing belt, and water pump.

p.s. sorry for huge pics, imgur doesn't resize and I'm to lazy to figure it out..

Title
    Respected User

Pretty cool that you guys figure your own shit out to that extent. You weren't into cars at all back in the day iirc

Title
    Respected User

I always lurked this thread and wanted to do stuff but I had no money and was driving an Accord so no point really.

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

Man i want and older scoob again

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by UrMomSkatesMongo View Post
    Man i want and older scoob again
    I got mine for only $800 @ 250k miles. The guy was only selling it because he bought a new car, it was running fine. The 2.2L late 90s subies last for fucking ever.