Page 866 of 868 FirstFirst ... 366766816856862863864865866867868 LastLast
Results 21,626 to 21,650 of 21691
    Title
    blunted in a 600

is that a head gasket problem subie or nah
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    Respected User

Not in my experience or research. imo the EJ22 is the most bulletproof engine Subaru made, likely because it doesn't make any power and its a simple engine (no turbo, single cam, no AVCS, fewer sensors, etc). The EJ25 from 2001-2004 had head gasket problems caused by the gasket material/construction I think. After 2004 they addressed the problem and began using multi-layer steel gaskets which have problems less frequently, just don't drive it like an asshole. There's not a lot of gasket material that separates the cylinder from the oil/coolant passages so under high boost, the combustion pressure just blows that part of the gasket apart.

Title
    blunted in a 600

yeah my family had to get rid of our forester cause it had head gasket issues
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    / Henning

Title
    Respected User

Subaru interiors have always seemed so cheap to me. Former co-worker got a 2018 WRX about 6 months ago and I was disappointed with the presentation.

Title
    A shitty island in Greece where skate spots dont exist and you get kicked out 24/7 pls kill me <3 :)

The strike is finally over after like 9 fucking months so I can go give my driving exam and get done with this shit.
    Can't wait to get on the road legally. Road trips here we go.

shittherewassupposedtobeacommaonmyusername

Title
    blunted in a 600

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_wigger View Post
    Subaru interiors have always seemed so cheap to me. Former co-worker got a 2018 WRX about 6 months ago and I was disappointed with the presentation.
    yeah they've always been a step below the competition and have had to play catch up. The Impreza interior from like 2011 to 2016ish was woeful in comparison to the Mazda 3, even the Corolla

It's kinda funny, no one really gave a shit about interiors before Jeremy Clarkson in Top Gear started making a big deal about it. Now even budget cars have pretty nice interiors.

/ Henning

Title
    A shitty island in Greece where skate spots dont exist and you get kicked out 24/7 pls kill me <3 :)

True, Subaru interiors are ugly as fuck.
    Before I knew I was going to keep the Juke, I was looking for cheap Subies and only the more recent ones had a decent interior. What a turn-off.

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by Stookie View Post
    yeah they've always been a step below the competition and have had to play catch up. The Impreza interior from like 2011 to 2016ish was woeful in comparison to the Mazda 3, even the Corolla

It's kinda funny, no one really gave a shit about interiors before Jeremy Clarkson in Top Gear started making a big deal about it. Now even budget cars have pretty nice interiors.
    I'm not really an interior snob even, like I'm fine with a bunch of tacky hard plastic as long as it's durable and feels solid. Creaky/squeaky/falling apart shit (or shit that feels like it's going to do that in a year or two) is what gets me. I like the design of VW interiors a lot but I've noticed that the newer ones don't seem to hold up to the test of time too much. My Camry is basic af but still no interior rattles after 20 years of the car existing.

Title
    blunted in a 600

I hate the - I think it's the Volvo design from a few years ago. That center stack was so ugly, but a lot of people seemed to love it

/ Henning

Title
    Respected User

I know what you mean, I didn't mind it too much but the stack was usually in a contrasting color to the rest of the interior which made it hard to ignore (like silver on black). Don't the newer ones have the huge screens kinda where the stack used to be? Similar design philosophy.

Title
    blunted in a 600

yeah haha, they make some cool cars, especially the polestars but fuck me, I'd never buy one for two reasons - that center stack, and the weird rear ends a lot of them have

some volvos look downright gorgeous from the front, then you walk around to the back and it's a shitshow

/ Henning

Title
    Webmaster / Founder

I never cared about Subaru interiors and loved all the wacky shit they did in the 80s and 90s. But both my 08 and 05 were just plain and simple and I liked it that way. I'm pretty anti-tech when it comes to vehicles anymore though and comfort has never been a concern for me. Granted, the 1200mi trip in the rabbit with no suspension was not very fun

My dad has a 19 forester though and it's pretty swanky. Dont care for the door patterns but otherwise it looks like every other modern Japanese car, just more sporty / utility

Title

I'm giving my driving exam tomorrow.
    I hope I don't fuck up anything, because normally you're supposed to pay the examiner like 200 euros extra so he's not strict, because Greece is fucked up and everything is corrupt.
    I don't wanna waste 200 euros though because I wanna go on vacation, so I'll just pray I don't fuck anything up.
    I'm good at everything, it's just that I fuck up reversing a corner sometimes. Other than that I'm golden.

Title
    blunted in a 600

reversing a corner, what the fuck

/ Henning

Title

Yep lol
    You have to like, turn on a 90 degree corner while in reverse. Harder than it sounds cuz you have to turn at a specific point otherwise the car goes way too far. I've kinda mastered it but sometimes I get confused on when to turn depending on the corner.

Title
    blunted in a 600

I can't imagine ever needing that skill around here

In Straya and Murca, you just put it in D/drop the clutch and feel the G's baby

/ Henning

Title

It's a retarded thing to do, because it's legit useless. I've been driving for 3+ years now and I learned it recently. Can't say I've ever needed it, it's just a retarded thing that you have to do to get your license.

Title
    Administrator

Whoa whoa whoa... Some of you guys don't have to do reversing around a corner in your driving test? That's wild.
    Where i live i had to do both reversing around a corner and parallel parking... Admittedly that was nearly 15 years ago, might have changed now.

I can't imagine being on the road and not knowing how to reverse around a corner. I've had some hilarious times wowing people from the UK with the speed and confidence i reverse.
    This said, i do live in a place with a lot of single lane 2 way roads with high banks on each side so reversing is a bit of a life skill around here.

This said, i no longer do reversing like they want you to do it during a test, i literally hang my head out the drivers window rather than using my mirrors most of the time.

...Car is in for cam belt change today, going to be tres expensive i imagine!

Title
    _______

The driving test is a joke. It should be like a 3 day affair including driving in a simulated highway conditions where if your exit is 10 miles away and if you're in the right lane the whole time you fail. and if you're diong the speed limit in the left lane you fail. A closed course where you do some crazy shit. And than finally driving on a normal road.

Title
    blunted in a 600

backing around a corner is some mob shit.

oh man my hit nearly spotted me, time to back around this corner

/ Henning

Title
    Respected User

Yeah I don't understand what situation that would be useful in?

Title
    blunted in a 600

the drive thru when you blazed past the payment window haha

/ Henning

Title
    _______

backing into a parking spot?

Title
    crazy and cute

if you back into a parking spot during rush hour at a grocery store, i hate you. <3

Title
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_wigger View Post
    Yeah I don't understand what situation that would be useful in?
    I live here... Reversing is a bloody useful skill if you meet somebody in the lanes.