pero me gusta el bump grande

Title
    Hi

y a mi me gusta la skater purple

Title
    #TRUE

te amo tambien mi amor <333

Title

Yo soy argentino también pero de Rosario. Anduve cuando tenía 15 años o algo así por algo más de un año y ahora tengo 20 y quiero volver a andar. Hoy me compro el skate :) saludos!
    Edit: Ya me lo compré, como mi tabla no daba para más y los trucks, rulemanes y ruedas se las quedó un ex amigo me tenía que comprar uno entero así que me compré un Positiv (skateone.com/store/category/completes/Positiv/) está manufacturado y distribuido por los mismos de powell y minilogo, lo use 2 tardes y me pareció muy copado todo. Lo pagué 560 pesos en un local rosarino, estoy bastante contento.
    Saludos!
    Last edited by TheExploited; 02-06-2010 at 03:57 PM.

Title

yo soy argentino :o

Title

Another argentine in here !
    From Capital Federal ... still riding my original (1989) Santa Cruz Street Creep with a set of 159mm Independent trucks ... I just started skating again after 20 years but haven´t decided on what deck and trucks I will buy (though I´m pretty sure I´ll probably go with a Black Label 8.25" and a set of 139mm Independent) ... so I just changed my old Bullet 66/92A for a set of Satori wheels (54/101A Aaron Suski) and that´s what I´m riding until I get a new deck and trucks ;)

#-----------

Otro argentino mas !
    De Capital Federal ... todavía andando en mi Santa Cruz Street Creep original (1989) y un par de trucks Independent de 159mm .. volví a andar después de 20 años pero todavía no decidí que tabla ni que trucks comprar (aunque es casi un hecho que voy a comprar una Black Label de 8.25" y unos Independent 139mm) .. asi que lo único que hice fue cambiar mis Bullet 66/92A por un juego de ruedas Satori (54/101A Aaron Suski) y estoy andando con eso hasta que compre tabla y trucks nuevos ;)
    Last edited by gnemmi; 12-20-2010 at 08:38 PM.

Title
    Respected User

hablo espanol a veces
    I got 5 on it.

Title
    Closet Blink 182 Fan

HOLA,

yo voy a visitar buenos aires, rosario, y iguazu en enero, del 11-26.

voy con 2 amigos que tambien skateboard, hay algunos "spots" recomendados an buenos aires o rosario?

Title

I couldn´t tell about Rosario because I´ve never been there, but there sure are a good spots in Buenos Aires (Capital Federal).
    I don´t have any pictures or webs because most spots are pulic places like park and stuff but you may want to take a look at the pictures from this two skateparks:Backside Skatepark and eh?park. I go to Backside Skatepark at least once every other week =)
    There´s another two skateparks but I don´t even know if they have a web site.
    BTW: since you are coming over __please__ bring a couple of powell thin ribs or Pig rails and transparent Shoe Goo! Those are impossible to get over here and I really need them!!!
    Anyways .. if you want to, send a pm so we get to meet each other and go grind together once you are here.

#--------------------

No podría decirte sobre Rosario porque nunca estuve ahí pero si puedo decirte que en Buenos Aires (Capital Federal) hay buenos lugares para andar en skate.
    No tengo fotos ni sitios web sobre los lugares porque la mayoría son lugares públicos como plazas o lugares por el estilo pero lo que sí podés hacer es pegarle una mirada a las fotos de estos dos skateparks:Backside Skatepark and eh?park. Yo voy a Backside Skatepark por lo menos una vez cada semana por medio =)
    Hay otros dos skateparks pero nisiquiera se si tienen algún web site.
    Dicho sea de paso: dado que vas a venir para acá __por_favor__ trae un par de powell thin ribs o Pig rails y Shoe Goo transparente! Esas cosas son imposible de conseguir por acá y realmente las necesito!!!
    Como sea .. si querés, mandame un pm así podemos conocernos y salir a andar por ahí cuando estés por acá.

Title
    Closet Blink 182 Fan

nicee, is backside an indoor park or is it like under a bridge? either way it looks siiick.

and whats up with eh skatepark, there's maple leafs all over it and its called "eh?"? shits gotta be owned by a canadian or something, right?

and idk about the powells lol im not even 100% sure if ill be bringing my board, i feel like it might be a bit of a hassle, cause its not like a skateboarding trip, its a meeting up with my cousin, exploring the place and getting drunk as fuck and hopefully picking up some Argentinian girls-which i hear are unbelievable, kind of trip.

that and checking out those waterfalls.

Title

nicee, is backside an indoor park or is it like under a bridge? either way it looks siiick.
    It´s pretty cool place .. is under a highway actually ;)

and whats up with eh skatepark, there's maple leafs all over it and its called "eh?"? shits gotta be owned by a canadian or something, right?
    lol!
    No ... not really .. is just an indoor skatepark located outside of Capital Federal (in what´s called Provincia de Buenos Aires), built by a bunch of friends that got sick and tired of not having a cool place to skate ...
    I think I never met a canadian living in here ...

and idk about the powells lol im not even 100% sure if ill be bringing my board, i feel like it might be a bit of a hassle, cause its not like a skateboarding trip, its a meeting up with my cousin, exploring the place and getting drunk as fuck and hopefully picking up some Argentinian girls-which i hear are unbelievable, kind of trip.
    Oh!
    Sure thing man, I get it ... I´ve been in those trips too
    BTW: how old is your cousin and where is he from? Capital?

that and checking out those waterfalls.
    I´ve been there (Cataratas de Iguazú) and that place is fucking _awesome_
    You have to visit the falls from the argentinean side _and_ from the brazilian side ... really, you just can´t miss that!

Title
    Closet Blink 182 Fan

yeah dude we're going for 16 days so it'l be a nice little road trip, especially with my cousin serving as the tour guide. He's 22 I think, and he goes to school in Rosario. I'm 20. One of the friends im going with is still an intense skate rat though so I know he's gunna wanna do at least a bit of skating, any street spots you'd recommend? What about that mini pipe by the beach that Tom penny likes to skate, I hear that's right around Buenos Aires.

Is the skate scene big there? and what about security type stuff, are tourists big targets for street thugs/how serious is it? should we take precautions?

and if you're gunna be in buenos aires, as long as you're not some little kid (which I dont think you are), if you wanna take us for a skate sesh im sure we would all be down.

Title

yeah dude we're going for 16 days so it'l be a nice little road trip, especially with my cousin serving as the tour guide. He's 22 I think, and he goes to school in Rosario. I'm 20.
    Go for the hookers then ... prostitution is as legal as drinking water in here ... don´t even bother about picking up girls, its a waste of time ... ask your cousin to take you to "Recoleta" .. is a really fashion neigborhood full of places, like disco places and stuff .. for about 100 (american dollars) you can get a hooker over there that looks like the hotest fuck you´ll ever have. Just don´t do the talking, let you cousin do it .. as soon as they figure out you are tourist the prices go up

One of the friends im going with is still an intense skate rat though so I know he's gunna wanna do at least a bit of skating, any street spots you'd recommend?
    In Buenos Aires, Capital Federal?: Plaza Houssay ... just in front of the Facultad de Medicina of the Universidad de Buenos Aires (most probably the largest medicine school in the whole country).
    It´s one of the most traditional spots in town ... you´ll probably find somebody skating every day of the week (althoug Summer just started, we are on school vacation until February and January is the month that everybody takes to get out of town for a vacation ... so the place might be kinda empty ...).
    BTW ... Summer (and specially January) is really hot and humid in here (its 37°C as I type) ... so be warned .. skating at more than 27°C is a pain in the arse ... you just run out of air a lot.

What about that mini pipe by the beach that Tom penny likes to skate, I hear that's right around Buenos Aires.
    I couldn´t tell, I really don´t know it
    Could you pass a web or paste a comments in here or something in which he refers to it so I can see if I can figure out where is it located?

Is the skate scene big there?
    That depends .. its pretty hard to tell .. I would say that given the lack of support from companies and stuff .. yes, it´s quite larger than expected ...

In the other hand, we are talking about a city with 4.3 (give or take) millon persons .. so .. no, I wouldn´t say its _that_ big for a city so populated .. but I guess you get the point.

and what about security type stuff, are tourists big targets for street thugs/how serious is it? should we take precautions?
    Sure thing ... just as in every large city (and specially in South America) you should take _some_ precautions ... but to be honest with you, the truth is that you shouldn´t worry too much or go around feeling that your security is under a constat risk ... just go with the flow and try to blend in and you´ll do fine ... don´t do anything stupid an try not to be noticed ... the usual stuff.

The town is pretty well guarded, yet still ... we are talking about a large and quite populated city ... its kinda impossible to have full control over delinquency in places like that ... But Buenos Aires is nothing out of the extraordinary in that regard ... is just a big town ...

Anyways, given that your cousin will be watching over you, canches are: you guys are safe. Just don´t push it and you´ll do fine.

and if you're gunna be in buenos aires, as long as you're not some little kid (which I dont think you are), if you wanna take us for a skate sesh im sure we would all be down.
    I´ll be here dude!
    Just pm me in advanced (gotta handle the things with the wife you know), and we can go to Plaza Houssay or to Backside or wherever you guys want to and grind it for a while!
    BTW, I´m 35 and started skating like a month a half ago after a 20 years pause, so don´t expect much from my skills !!

Title
    Closet Blink 182 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by gnemmi View Post
    Go for the hookers then ... prostitution is as legal as drinking water in here ... don´t even bother about picking up girls, its a waste of time ... ask your cousin to take you to "Recoleta" .. is a really fashion neigborhood full of places, like disco places and stuff .. for about 100 (american dollars) you can get a hooker over there that looks like the hotest fuck you´ll ever have. Just don´t do the talking, let you cousin do it .. as soon as they figure out you are tourist the prices go up
    awesome, i've never paid for a hooker but 100 dollars seems like a great price for "the hottest fuck" you'll ever have, and im obsessed with looking up pictures of argentinian girls, so im sure you're right about that.

In Buenos Aires, Capital Federal?: Plaza Houssay ... just in front of the Facultad de Medicina of the Universidad de Buenos Aires (most probably the largest medicine school in the whole country).
    It´s one of the most traditional spots in town ... you´ll probably find somebody skating every day of the week (althoug Summer just started, we are on school vacation until February and January is the month that everybody takes to get out of town for a vacation ... so the place might be kinda empty ...).
    BTW ... Summer (and specially January) is really hot and humid in here (its 37°C as I type) ... so be warned .. skating at more than 27°C is a pain in the arse ... you just run out of air a lot.

I couldn´t tell, I really don´t know it
    Could you pass a web or paste a comments in here or something in which he refers to it so I can see if I can figure out where is it located?
    I clicked that link and searched it a bit more, and jesus fucking christ, why don't more teams take trips out there? Looking for the mini pipe so I could show you, I found this: YouTube - Tom Penny and holy fuck. Please tell me you know where these spots are, and the mini pipe i was referring to is at the end of the clip.

It's -20 here, i promise i will not complain about too much heat.

Sure thing ... just as in every large city (and specially in South America) you should take _some_ precautions ... but to be honest with you, the truth is that you shouldn´t worry too much or go around feeling that your security is under a constat risk ... just go with the flow and try to blend in and you´ll do fine ... don´t do anything stupid an try not to be noticed ... the usual stuff.

The town is pretty well guarded, yet still ... we are talking about a large and quite populated city ... its kinda impossible to have full control over delinquency in places like that ... But Buenos Aires is nothing out of the extraordinary in that regard ... is just a big town ...

Anyways, given that your cousin will be watching over you, canches are: you guys are safe. Just don´t push it and you´ll do fine.
    word that's basically what i was thinking anyway, can't be worse than nyc.

I´ll be here dude!
    Just pm me in advanced (gotta handle the things with the wife you know), and we can go to Plaza Houssay or to Backside or wherever you guys want to and grind it for a while!
    BTW, I´m 35 and started skating like a month a half ago after a 20 years pause, so don´t expect much from my skills !!
    yeah definitely man, how much time in advance do you need? and don't worry about it i haven't skated anything but flat in nearly a year since i tore my achilles. ill just enjoy exploring and taking pictures, so stoked!

Title

awesome, i've never paid for a hooker
    Over here: We all have ... believe me

I clicked that link and searched it a bit more, and jesus fucking christ, why don't more teams take trips out there?
    Because they are a bunch of cheap bastards ... ?
    Really .. I mean ... touring Brazil, Argentina, Chile ... costs only a fraction of the price of touring anywhere in Europe and really helps promote skateboarding in a place where it really needs to be promoted ... yet ... well, you know how things are ...

Looking for the mini pipe so I could show you, I found this: YouTube - Tom Penny and holy fuck. Please tell me you know where these spots are, and the mini pipe i was referring to is at the end of the clip.
    Ok. It´s kinda hard because there are almost no references but I´ll try ...

1) Up to minute 1:43, Pacífico, right in front of the 1st Regiment of Infantry, Av. Intendete Bullrich between Av. Santa fe and Av. Del Libertador.

2) From 1:43 to 2:48, I really don´t know ... will try to find out but it could be anywhere :S

3) From 2:48 to 3:58, Metro Park Indoor, near the Jorge Newbery Metropolitan Airport. I don´t know if they are still open ... will try to go there next week to see what´s up.

4) From 3:59 to 4:12, Backside Skatepark Bowl !!!

5) From 4:12 to 5:32, No idea ... but it seems to be near 6)

6) From 5:32 to the end, Jamming Hostel. Take a look at the pics at page 3 and 4 in here. It´s nowhere near Capital Federal .. it´s located like 450 Km from Capital ... I didn´t even know such a place even existed ... now I know where my next vacations will be!!!

BTW: The last skater is Mariano Gonzales, he was already gnar when I was 12 .. he´s still skating and he _rules_ ... Satori sponsors him

It's -20 here, i promise i will not complain about too much heat.
    Roger that!!

can't be worse than nyc.
    It sure can .. believe me .. I´ve traveled Argentina and Brazil extensibly and it sure can get downright scary ... even for south americans :S

yeah definitely man, how much time in advance do you need? and don't worry about it i haven't skated anything but flat in nearly a year since i tore my achilles. ill just enjoy exploring and taking pictures, so stoked!
    Cool!!
    Just let me know a day or two in advanced and you have a deal
    Last edited by gnemmi; 12-23-2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: added a link

Title
    Closet Blink 182 Fan

cool man, i really appreciate all the info, it's gunna make my trip that much better, cause my cousin sure as hell doesn't know the first thing about skateboarding. ill pm you closer to the 11th.

Title

Yo soy de Argentina!! pero se hablar ingles perfecto.
    Setup:

Foundation 8.0 w/ Element griptape

Independent 139 low's

Steadfast Bearings

Darkstar 54 wheels

Title

Hola!
    De que parte sos?
    Un abrazo!

Title

Hola!
    De que parte sos?
    Un abrazo!
    Soy de chubut.. Comodoro Rivadavia!! jaja en la loma del orto
    Setup:

Foundation 8.0 w/ Element griptape

Independent 139 low's

Steadfast Bearings

Darkstar 54 wheels

Title

Uh si !!
    Hace un año conocí un pibe de Chubut andando acá en Backside Skatepark!
    Yo soy de Capital .. cualquier cosa, si algún día te das una vuelta por acá avisame ;)
    Un abrazo !!

Title
    Skate fast ya cunt!

Yo llego a Buenos Aires el 25 de febrero!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChettyThomas View Post
    one of my friends fingered his chick with cheeto dust on his fingers and she got a yeast infection.

Title
    Respected User

Ahora, esta es la historia trata de cómo
    Mi vida se volcó, al revés
    Y me gustaría tomar un minuto
    Sólo se sientan allí
    Te diré cómo llegué a ser el príncipe de un pueblo llamado Bel Air

En el oeste de Filadelfia, nacidos y criados
    En el patio era el lugar donde pasé la mayor parte de mis días
    Chillin 'fuera maxin "relaxina" todo fresco
    Y todo a disparar fuera de algunas de básquet de la escuela
    Cuando un par de chicos
    ¿Quiénes eran para nada bueno
    Startin causando problemas en mi barrio
    Me metí en una pelea poco y mi mamá se asustó
    Me dijo: 'Usted es Movin' con su tía y su tío en Bel Air '
    Quote Originally Posted by Larz View Post
    I motion that people post pics of they're dicks with a tape measures lined up along it

Title
    Skate fast ya cunt!

Yo llego a Buenos Aires el primero de Marzo. En promedio cuanto cuesta un deck de los Estados Unidos?
    one of my friends fingered his chick with cheeto dust on his fingers and she got a yeast infection.

Title

Depende de lo que estes buscando pero se encuentran entre 300 y 400 pesos argentinos ( entre 70 y 90 dolares USA ) ...
    Los trucks dan mas problemas ya que hay muchas marcas que no se las puede encontrar por acá ...
    Shoe-Goo no hay ...
    Las ruedas Bones también son dificiles de conseguir y cuando las conseguís son muy caras ... aunque podés encontrar muchas otras marcas como Satori, Spitfire, Ricta o Bullets ...
    NikeSB solo se consiguen como articulo importado todavía y son carísimas ( mas de 130 dolares USA ) ... y lo mismo pasa con las Adidas (de hecho, nunca ví unas Busenitz por acá ) ...
    Mi mejor consejo es: traete de allá todo lo que vayas a necesitar para poder andar en skate ... no confies en que vas a poder encontrarlo por acá, y si lo encontrás lo vas a tener que pagar bastante caro :(
    Si estás buscando algo en particular, avisame y te digo si se puede conseguir, donde y cuanto cuesta!

Un abrazo y suerte!!

PD: yo estoy en Capital Federal, no se por donde vas a andar vos pero los datos que te paso son de Capital (Ciudad de Buenos Aires).

Title
    Skate fast ya cunt!

Depende de lo que estes buscando pero se encuentran entre 300 y 400 pesos argentinos ( entre 70 y 90 dolares USA ) ...
    Los trucks dan mas problemas ya que hay muchas marcas que no se las puede encontrar por acá ...
    Shoe-Goo no hay ...
    Las ruedas Bones también son dificiles de conseguir y cuando las conseguís son muy caras ... aunque podés encontrar muchas otras marcas como Satori, Spitfire, Ricta o Bullets ...
    NikeSB solo se consiguen como articulo importado todavía y son carísimas ( mas de 130 dolares USA ) ... y lo mismo pasa con las Adidas (de hecho, nunca ví unas Busenitz por acá ) ...
    Mi mejor consejo es: traete de allá todo lo que vayas a necesitar para poder andar en skate ... no confies en que vas a poder encontrarlo por acá, y si lo encontrás lo vas a tener que pagar bastante caro :(
    Si estás buscando algo en particular, avisame y te digo si se puede conseguir, donde y cuanto cuesta!

Un abrazo y suerte!!

PD: yo estoy en Capital Federal, no se por donde vas a andar vos pero los datos que te paso son de Capital (Ciudad de Buenos Aires).
    Si me habian contado que si era bastante caro, asi que si pienso llevarme un par de tablas y ruedas. Pero definitivamente voy a tener que adaptarme a los precios ya que voy a estar viviendo ahi por lo menos cuatro años. No estoy esperando comprar unos Nike SB o Adidas ya que son bastante caros en cualquier lado jaja. Te queria preguntar cuanto costarian unos zapatos de marca de skate (emerica, etnies, circa, vox etc) por que supongo que no son tan caros como los Nike o Adidas.
    Yo voy a estar quedandome en la Avenida Callao, hay un skatepark cerca de ahi? Que tan lejos queda la plaza Houssay? (Por que me han contado que es un buen spot y que van muchos skaters)