Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Title

I've been trying that catch for weeks, sk8rat97. But the spin is too fast for me to follow, and the board seems to fly either too left, or too right (I'm regular). Right now, I'm trying to focus on keeping it low, controlled and centered. When I get used to it being centered, I think I'll try catching it then. Would that work?
    Setup
    Deck: Plan B Sheckler Lighter P2 8.25
    Trucks: Thunder Lights 147 Hi (Billy Marks, Eyesect)
    Wheels: Spitfire Big Heads 53mm
    Bearings: Bones Reds
    Griptape: Blank Grip
    Hardware: Blank bolts
    Shoes: Const KA-II
    Next: DC Mike Mo Mid

Title

Quote Originally Posted by HawtDawg View Post
    I've been trying that catch for weeks, sk8rat97. But the spin is too fast for me to follow, and the board seems to fly either too left, or too right (I'm regular). Right now, I'm trying to focus on keeping it low, controlled and centered. When I get used to it being centered, I think I'll try catching it then. Would that work?
    Yea they are a bitch to learn but once you start getting them they will become easy. Try different foot positions. Whenever i have periods where i can't do tres (they are really reaally annoying) its usually just because i forgot my usual foot placement so it wont flip all the way.If it goes too much left dont try scooping as much and if its to the right scoop the board in front of you so it makes a backwards L. You'll get it sooner or later though. Theres a few tricks i thought i'd never learn like bs tails and a few other ones but i eventually got them it just takes time. It took me about a year to get my tres good and thats after i could do them somewhat consistent. Its been about 2-3 years since i learned them and now i have them about every try. It might even be as simple as you just arent committing. I could try to make a tricktip for you tomorrow if i go to my friends or if i don't i can make a shitty one at home.
    If your buyin anything from brickharbor or karmaloop please use USA25 as the rep code for 20% off!!

Title

Thanks. It would really help. It would probably help others who are trying to learn too.

Once I get this thing, I'm gonna make a trick tip myself. :)
    Setup

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rat97 View Post
    To keep the board under you you gotta kinda scoop it forward (towards the nose). As for controlling it start practicing catching pop shuvs with your front foot. Once you get them down start trying to do that with tres. It doesnt have to be like super front foot catch where you dont put your backfoot on till the board hits the ground but it has to be just enough to get the board to stop spinning and flipping so then you can just put your backfoot on and land bolts preferably. Hope this helps
    This is exactly what I'm starting to get into. I noticed earlier in the year, I was trying to do everything perfectly and not getting anything. So...

... I started to recently not caring where the board goes as long as it flipped correctly and I was comfortable before popping. Then I got into committing to landing wherever the hell the board went. Now, I can sometimes throw the board where it's supposed to go AND catch it.

But yeah, I think my problem was trying to get everything at once instead of learning in steps.

Title

Can anyone verify the new Braille skateboarding "How to scoop 360 flips" video?
    Setup

Title

Shit i still haven't gotten around to making the how to. I'll try to do that soon as i can.
    If your buyin anything from brickharbor or karmaloop please use USA25 as the rep code for 20% off!!

Title

Found out that keeping my weight centered keeps my board centered. Still having trouble catching the board coz it pops too high. Decreasing the pop doesn't let it complete the spin. :(
    Setup

Title
    Respected User

Can anyone verify the new Braille skateboarding "How to scoop 360 flips" video?
    The part about getting your deck seemingly already 90 degrees before flicking seems to help me a lot with consistency. It also helps tone down the power level of the scoop so that I'm not all worn out after a couple of tries. So yeah, it's one of the better Braille 360 flip supports.

Title

Found out that keeping my weight centered keeps my board centered. Still having trouble catching the board coz it pops too high. Decreasing the pop doesn't let it complete the spin. :(
    Just mess around with your foot positioning. If its popping too high maybe just jump higher or you could move your foot more up and your back toes more off the board to be able to scoop more since your having trouble getting the scoop.

Title

sweeet

Title

aye

Title

What about 720's. I can't do these :(

360 flips are one of my favorite tricks in general I love that trick.

Title

This trick tip applies to any trick , you need to do the trick while bending , DONT jump then do the trick , dont even jump at all , just bend pop and flick , (if your regular) you want your back foot placed on the right edge of the tail and when your starting to learn this trick have your front foot near you back foot , dont scoop just pop your tail at a specific point on the ground instead of just scooping it , as in you want to pop your tail at a 30-40 degree angle on the floor , add a very light small flick , and you should land it , practice makes perfect :D

Title
    Perma Banned

How can I clean up my tres. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn5HL5WbF8g

I can land tre flips exactly the same moving but I only recorded a stationary one.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by 10StairShredder View Post
    How can I clean up my tres.

I can land tre flips exactly the same moving but I only recorded a stationary one.
    Practice doing them moving, start slow, then faster and faster. I notice the board tends to go to your right. I had the same problem for the LONGEST time and it was the only reason I couldn't land them. You have to try to lean a little more towards the tail to center it.

Title

Title

nice

Title

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecakeman2005 View Post
    i can make it spin the 360 shoveit, i just need to know how to flip it and land on it better
    im the complete opposite! i can bust a steezy tre bomb, but i cant 360 shuvit for 1 million bucks
    everyone is inocent until proven guilty but if were suposed to be pressumed innocent then why would we be aprehended in the first place? ~OttawaSkater~

Title

i found that doing 360 shuvits helped ALOT when i had problems with the rotation of tres. Kinda makes your feet be like....oh...it spins that easy.... Have to remeber to put more weight on your back foot to prevent these from flying behind you. Impossibles require same thing but in a bit different way. Have to like scoop it ahead of you.