Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    Title
    Perma Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,181

    Default gibson is suing activision and GH retailers

    http://kotaku.com/370388/gibson-sues...rs-reluctantly

    basicly, gibson made a game similar to guitar hero years ago (they had a paten), and gibson is suing activision (the company that made the guitar hero series) and all of its retailers.

  2. #2
    Schism's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    10,945

    Default

    Why?

    Didn't they like license guitar hero?


    Gibson is a bunch a greedy asses.


  3. #3
    Brutusoo's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    凸(◣_◢)凸
    Posts
    3,237

    Default

    I'm assuming activision had to reach some sort of agreement to use the SG and Les Paul designs for their controllers, no?

    Why didn't they bring it up then?

    Sorry if I'm totally wrong, not very educated in the legal side of guitar styles.
    Pay homage or K's vomit, ungrateful niggas I don't like



  4. #4
    rippen in da mitten's Avatar
    Title
    Respected User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    berkley,MI
    Posts
    6,429

    Default

    had it coming i guess

  5. #5
    skate.or.die!'s Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    H-dub dub
    Posts
    5,530

    Default

    pretty stupid

  6. #6
    blackgoat's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    2,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fly_in_My_Soup View Post
    http://kotaku.com/370388/gibson-sues...rs-reluctantly

    basicly, gibson made a game similar to guitar hero years ago (they had a paten), and gibson is suing activision (the company that made the guitar hero series) and all of its retailers.
    Who gives a flying fuck.
    You make the gayest threads.

  7. #7
    Chump Champ's Avatar
    Title
    B.A.T. Man
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    8,737

    Default

    Chilll, I hate when someone makes a thread that has a piece of news, or something interesting in it, and people come in and say "Who Cares?" And then a thread will be made like what should I eat for dinner, and everyone responds constructively.

  8. #8
    blackgoat's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    2,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chump Champ View Post
    Chilll, I hate when someone makes a thread that has a piece of news, or something interesting in it, and people come in and say "Who Cares?" And then a thread will be made like what should I eat for dinner, and everyone responds constructively.
    Seriously, who gives a fuck for that news.

  9. #9
    Chump Champ's Avatar
    Title
    B.A.T. Man
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    8,737

    Default

    Everyone who posted in this thread except you.

  10. #10
    blackgoat's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    2,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chump Champ View Post
    Everyone who posted in this thread except you.
    Then why do you care? It's my prerogative to post that.

  11. #11
    Chump Champ's Avatar
    Title
    B.A.T. Man
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    8,737

    Default

    Because you said "Who" gives a flying fuck, and I'm telling you people do. That's fine if you don't care, don't post then, unless it is a truly pointless topic.

  12. #12
    blackgoat's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    2,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chump Champ View Post
    Because you said "Who" gives a flying fuck, and I'm telling you people do. That's fine if you don't care, don't post then, unless it is a truly pointless topic.
    Alright.

  13. #13

    Title
    Perma Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackgoat View Post
    Who gives a flying fuck.
    You make the gayest threads.
    haha, your a fucking idiot. i negged you, get the fuck over it.

  14. #14
    blackgoat's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    2,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fly_in_My_Soup View Post
    haha, your a fucking idiot. i negged you, get the fuck over it.
    Haha. No, Shut up.

  15. #15
    dylan_strange's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ballin
    Posts
    1,612

    Default

    :0

  16. #16

    Title
    Classics of Love
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackgoat View Post
    Haha. No, Shut up.
    You're all bitchy over a neg, hahahahaha.

    And quite a bit of people do care about this thread since they are posting and people are interested in Gibson and Guitar Hero.

  17. #17
    gorgoroth's Avatar
    Title
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Thats stupid. Gibson want more money probably. Fuck its just like the government...

  18. #18

    Title
    Classics of Love
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gorgoroth View Post
    Thats stupid. Gibson want more money probably. Fuck its just like the government...
    Hahahahahaha

  19. #19
    riskitforabiscuit's Avatar
    Title
    Round the Twist
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8,709

    Default

    They didn't make the game, they just registered a patent. What strikes me as odd is that Gibson licensed their guitars for use in GH3.
    I don't need a signature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •