Title

Default Bamboo Skateboard??

Hey just snapped another deck (whats new) getting mad because my blind lasted me longer than both my popwar and my blank that i just snapped.
    anyway i wanted something strong with good pop and i saw these bamboo decks in one of my mom's magizines. The manufacturer claims that they are lighter have more flex to them and are stronger. But i read that any deck made outa anythign but canadian maple doesn't have good pop. Just wanted some other opinions.

Heres the link

www.bambooskateboards.com

Title

i' ve heard of these too dont get them they are a SCAM i saw a site on the web awhile ago with someguy talking about his he said that it is exellent for a few days then it starts to chip like mad and after a week it snapped. Dude stick with canadian maple. scientists have tried almost every matieral that could be used for decks and can. maple is the best.

Title

I didn't think of it chipping but now that you metion it bamboo would chip easily like that

canadian maple is awesome my zero is made of cadain maple is it's industructable although i don't use it very much because it has no pop anymore

Title

its the strongest natural fibre how can it wear off easily?

Title

Bamboo decks feature a radically new flex characteristic and their "POP" - performance gives skaters greater ability to perform modern skateboard maneuvers and tricks. Bamboo is one of the strongest natural fibers available and is capable of extending the longevity of your skateboard; it's 34% stronger than oak and 15% stronger than maple. Bamboo is natural, renewable, easy to grow and non-toxic.

Title

It just seems that if you were to take two thin pieces of wood. one bamboo and one Maple and you were to repeatedly drop them so that the end grain of each piece hits the ground. That maple would dent and bamboo would crack/chip.

Title
    Naragansett Turkey Monkey

I don't think it matters where the maple was grown unless the Canadian maple has genetic differences from other maple.

Title

I'm pretty sure canadian maple is a type of maple grown in canada. not regular maple grown in canada

Title

Quote Originally Posted by !Ferg! View Post
    Bamboo decks feature a radically new flex characteristic and their "POP" - performance gives skaters greater ability to perform modern skateboard maneuvers and tricks. Bamboo skateboards are one of the strongest natural fibers available and is capable of extending the longevity of your skateboard; it's 34% stronger than oak and 15% stronger than maple. Bamboo skateboards are natural, renewable, easy to grow and non-toxic.
    I know this thread is old :) But I want to say Thank you for these bamboo skateboards... It looks awesome... I love it...