Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to play your Tony Hawk game more realistic

Everyone complains about how tony hawk is so unrealistic so heres some tips until EA skate comes out Sept. 11th or for people that aren't getting it.

How to play your tony hawk game more realistic

1) Turn off all cheats.

2) Pause the game, go to “Game Options”, then “Control Setup”, and turn off autokick and walking. You can now control your speed by only pushing the square button when you want to push and tapping back when you want to slow down. Now you can actually skate a 7 stair not a 7 stair to other side of the road.

3) Pause the game, go to “Game Options”, then “Display Options”, and turn off the balance meter and any other unwanted things on your screen. This should stop you from doing manuals and grinds forever, but you can still control his balance by watching at the way his board is moving.

4) Don’t just try to go as fast as you can and get huge air off the strangely placed quarter pipes. You can get less air by just going slower or by only letting go of x when you are in the air so you don’t pop at the coping and go unrealistically high.

5) Trying doing particular lines on certain obstacles, don’t just do random button mashing. You could try something that you saw in a skate video or maybe something you’ve already done.

6) Pause the game, go to “Your Options”, “Edit Tricks”, “Flip tricks”, then change Up + square from impossible to front shove-it. It’s more used and a basic trick.

7) Combine tricks that look good together like varial and back 180 to make big flip or maybe even pop shove with front 180 to do body varials.

8) If your playing 2-player or more then do specific tricks like in real skate that they have to do, don’t just try to beat the other persons score like in the tony hawk version of skate.

9) Don’t only skate the half pipes and obvious gaps, try out banks and other stuff you would skate in real life.

10) Press O to switch to fakie, nollie, or pressure.

11) There are other grinds besides 50-50. Double tap directions and the Triangle button to do tons of different grinds, like up, up, triangle is nose blunt or double taping triangle on krooks does a crail slide.

12) Landing tricks “Clean” by doing the perfect degree of spin is always good too.

13) Don’t just fly around every where, skate a single rail, manual pad, or gap to get a certain trick on it.

14) Make a new character with fresh stats.

If you have something to add too it or change then just comment.

All this works on Thug 2 for Ps2 I'm not sure about any other game or system.
    Last edited by Jake1000000000; 08-01-2007 at 07:49 PM.

Title
    Classics of Love

Or just put auto kick off and stats to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by baker_skater View Post
    Or just put auto kick off and stats to 0.
    eh but somethings you have to go slow and some things you have to go fast, and thats not all its about

Title
    Respected User

Does this work for xbox tony hawk project 8 (regular xbox not 360)

612-247-8409 ruin his life.

Title
    Perma Banned

they already have bigflips and bigspins, just edit your flip tricks and they have them as an option, they also have actual FS Flips.

Quote Originally Posted by setsujin View Post
    Does this work for xbox tony hawk project 8 (regular xbox not 360)
    I'm not sure about everything I just know it all works for Thug 2

Title
    Perma Banned

and thaw, and project 8. i can't wait to get my skate though.

Title
    B.A.T. Man

EA Skates not going to be realistic

Title
    Perma Banned

hell yeah it is. i've seen all the gameplay and tutorials on the site. it's gonna be realistic.

Well not many people have played it so how would you know. But it will deffinatly be different and have a huge level

Title
    Respected User

to be realistic they need a skateboard pad and something that makes it read what you are doing :D

to be realistic they need a skateboard pad and something that makes it read what you are doing :D
    Pshh I've played a game like that at some arcade and it was the worst 75 cents I ever spent.

Title
    Respected User

dang the push doesnt work on xbox THP8

and i dont know how to edit th flip tricks

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by Jake1000000000 View Post
    Pshh I've played a game like that at some arcade and it was the worst 75 cents I ever spent.
    oh there was one?
    lol never seen one.

Title
    7 Hours South from Victorrrr's House

A realistic skateboarding game would be hella boring, EA skate just make things more in proportion (ex: Not being bigger than cars).

Quote Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
    Off-Subject:
    What's the useless skin around the vagina called?
    Quote Originally Posted by i_don't_know View Post
    Woman.

dang the push doesnt work on xbox THP8

and i dont know how to edit th flip tricks
    I just looked on a project 8 forum http://www.thp8forums.com/showthread.php?t=1659 so you should be able to do turn off autokick, and to edit tricks it should just be under game options when you pause.

Title
    Perma Banned

and finally no random QPs in Ea Skate.

Quote Originally Posted by WordLife 565 View Post
    they already have bigflips and bigspins, just edit your flip tricks and they have them as an option, they also have actual FS Flips.
    thats too easy

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Jake1000000000 View Post
    Well not many people have played it so how would you know. But it will deffinatly be different and have a huge level
    Ive talked to most of the people that played it at the Community day, and they all said that it felt really realistic.

And that there is no floating at all. I just wanted to point that out, because the skater tends to float in the trailers.

Title
    Chompski Hnk

really good stuff you got there

Title

Good ideas, I'ma try that later.

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by NorwegianSkater_92 View Post
    Ive talked to most of the people that played it at the Community day, and they all said that it felt really realistic.

And that there is no floating at all. I just wanted to point that out, because the skater tends to float in the trailers.

I read in some interview, that the reason there is floating around is because, some of the trailers were taken from the skate.reel.

Anyways, good ideas to the thread starter.

Title

True the Tony Hawk games are only unrealistic because your making them be unrealistic.

Title
    Man on the Moon

Quote Originally Posted by NorwegianSkater_92 View Post

There is some floating, the makers of the game even admited to it because of te new flick controls, you need more time to pull tricks. It's still not even close to as floaty as any Tony Hawk game though.

Title
    Respected User

i dont get why people complain about thps being unrealistic. to me thats why its so fun