Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Title
    Respected User

I love playing realistically, then puttig myself into focus. Like I'll tre flip a long 4 while in focus mode and I will look so steexy, then I cry because I'm not that good.

Title
    Respected User

I'm tired of this realism bullshit already.

Listen up guys: Games aren't realistic. Deal with it. If you don't like that, turn off your playstation and go fucking skate. That realistic enough for ya? Also, I don't get at all why so many of you guys insist on having a realistic skate game. To me, part of the fun is the way you can do unbelievable things with your in-game skateboard that you can't do ith your real board. I like the huge ollies. I like the huge air you get from going on halfpipes. Why should you take that away? EA Skate is going to suck. I'm going to tell you this already. I'm not going to buy it. It won't be realistic. It'll be a vein attempt at being realistic, which it won't be, and the game will be fucked over. It'll start as a big hype and then die down very quickly. I you're that much of a realism freak that you have to turn off lots of great things in your Tony Hawk game, then you should absolutely not play on any gaming console anymore. Now shut up about a game having realistic physics or I'm going to punch you guys in the fucking mouth.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking The Bond View Post

Listen up guys: Games aren't realistic. Deal with it. If you don't like that, turn off your playstation and go fucking skate. That realistic enough for ya? Also, I don't get at all why so many of you guys insist on having a realistic skate game. To me, part of the fun is the way you can do unbelievable things with your in-game skateboard that you can't do ith your real board. I like the huge ollies. I like the huge air you get from going on halfpipes. Why should you take that away? EA Skate is going to suck. I'm going to tell you this already. I'm not going to buy it. It won't be realistic. It'll be a vein attempt at being realistic, which it won't be, and the game will be fucked over. It'll start as a big hype and then die down very quickly. I you're that much of a realism freak that you have to turn off lots of great things in your Tony Hawk game, then you should absolutely not play on any gaming console anymore. Now shut up about a game having realistic physics or I'm going to punch you guys in the fucking mouth.
    Wow. I didn´t know that anyone could say something that stupid.
    You should just respect that people are tired of playing basically the exact same game for 9 years, and want something new, and MUCH MORE realistic.

A game that actually does focus on skating, and also realistic goals.
    You don´t have to grind around a fucking oil rig to get the secret tape or something like that. I respect that you like it, even though i think this Tony hawk game looks like the worst crap ever.

Skate´s physics are way better, it´s an huge city with realistic skate spots, the goals make sense to do, you can´t do huge combos and keep on going forever.

And that is what most people now want. A realistic game, that really does focus on the skateboarding, and not how long you can hold onto an elephant while he´s shitting at you ( From Tony Hawk 4)

Title
    Perma Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flip-skateboards View Post
    True the Tony Hawk games are only unrealistic because your making them be unrealistic.
    yeah but you can't even get through the story mode without being unrealistic.

Title
    Respected User

All that matters with realism is that you can skate realistically and it works. Tony Hawk has had these settings for a long time, so most realism complaints are unfounded. Skate's gonna be kinda crazy at parts, but it'll be cool. Be realistic when you want to be.
    Last edited by ZipZinger; 08-03-2007 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking The Bond View Post

In my opinion it's not really being realistic that is so good about ea skate and bad about tony hawk it's that in skate it's actually going to be more of a chalenge, have a huge level, and be different from all the other tony hawk games.

Title

This exactly how I play, except instead of THUG 2 I play THUG and THAW.

By the way, if you watch the EA skate clips of the mega ramp you see how unrealistic it is. I wanna go Jake Brown and land a massive 720 then fall from 50+ feet, but I don't think that will be possible in skate.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Jake1000000000 View Post
    How to play your tony hawk game more realistic

2) Pause the game, go to “Game Options”, then “Control Setup”, and turn off autokick and walking. You can now control your speed by only pushing the square button when you want to push and tapping back when you want to slow down. Now you can actually skate a 7 stair not a 7 stair to other side of the road.

3) Pause the game, go to “Game Options”, then “Display Options”, and turn off the balance meter and any other unwanted things on your screen. This should stop you from doing manuals and grinds forever, but you can still control his board by watching the way it moves

4) Don’t just try to go as fast as you can and get huge air off the strangely placed quarter pipes. You can get less air by just going slower or by only letting go of x when you are in the air so you don’t pop at the coping and go unrealistically high.

5) Trying doing particular lines on certain obstacles, don’t just do random button mashing. You could try something that you saw in a skate video or maybe something you’ve already done.

7) Combine tricks that look good together like varial and back 180 to make big flip or maybe even pop shove with front 180 to do body varials.

8) If your playing 2-player or more then do specific tricks like in real skate that they have to do, don’t just try to beat the other persons score like in the tony hawk version of skate.

9) Don’t only skate the half pipes and obvious gaps, try out banks and other stuff you would skate in real life.

10) Press O to switch to fakie, nollie, or pressure.

11) There are other grinds besides 50-50. Double tap directions and the Triangle button to do tons of different grinds, like up, up, triangle is nose blunt or double taping triangle on krooks does a crail slide.

12) Landing tricks “Clean” by doing the perfect degree of spin is always good too.

13) Don’t just fly around every where, skate a single rail, manual pad, or gap to get a certain trick on it.

14) Make a new character with fresh stats.
    i already do that whenever i play thps.
    Hey, check out this blog where I write about music and stuff!

RIP OneManga.com, July 2010. you were fuckin' awesome

Title
    Perma Banned

okay, my brother wants me to turn walking back on, this is on american wasteland, how do i do this, the option isnt there, do i have to be in freeskate?

dont give me shit about this thread being bumped

Title

A realistic skateboarding game would be hella boring, EA skate just make things more in proportions.

Lựa chọn game đỏ đen cũng là một trong nhiều lựa chọn được yêu thích hiện nay. Không chỉ lối chơi đa dạng, cách chơi phong phú, tỉ lệ đặt cược, đổi thưởng cực cao tiền về liền tài khoản. Ngoài việc mang đến những giải pháp hiệu quả, bạn cũng đừng quên tham gia và trải nghiệm thử tại game đổi thưởng keonhanh cũng như học được nhiều thủ thuật, mẹo về những lá bài không phải ai cũng biết.

Title
    Chronic Discontent
    I am not going there to die, I am going there to find out if I am really alive

Quote Originally Posted by Vinwin View Post
    A realistic skateboarding game would be hella boring, EA skate just make things more in proportions.
    on the older tony hawk games I would make a custom skater with the lowest stats possible, then try to remake some street parts in the park editor.
    Then I'd just run lines I could try to do in real life, wasn't boring to me.

Skate flick it controls was when I stopped caring about skateboarding games