PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for some really mellow indie?

reptiskate52
05-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I've mentioned this band many times before, but it deserves its own thread. Say Hi To Your Mom. It's a very relaxed, calm sounding Indie music and, just as a bonus, I've talked to the creator and singer (Eric Elbogen) and he's really cool. I just rediscovered the song Twenty-second Century and it is definitly one f their best songs. Discuss.

dannydecay
05-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Ive seen em before. Pretty good. I don't really listen to indie though...

reptiskate52
05-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Ive seen em before. Pretty good. I don't really listen to indie though...
Yeah, I've noticed that alot of people on here are into Screamo and stuff like that, along with rap.

dannydecay
05-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that alot of people on here are into Screamo and stuff like that, along with rap.

I hate that shit. There's some rap that is ok (eg. NaS-illmatic), but all screamo/extremo/whatevermo sucks. I used to listen to alot of indie. Right now I'm mainly into 80s hardcore/ some garage bands/ a few pop punk bands (eg. off with their heads/ clorox girls) But yeah, I have no idea how all the rap and screamo shit got so well liked by skaters...

reptiskate52
05-10-2007, 03:53 PM
I hate that shit. There's some rap that is ok (eg. NaS-illmatic), but all screamo/extremo/whatevermo sucks. I used to listen to alot of indie. Right now I'm mainly into 80s hardcore/ some garage bands/ a few pop punk bands (eg. off with their heads/ clorox girls) But yeah, I have no idea how all the rap and screamo shit got so well liked by skaters...
Haha, seriously, how much talent does it take to scream into a microphone.

Choizy
05-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Do you know some more indie bands? My sister got me really into them.

dannydecay
05-10-2007, 06:13 PM

Elliott Smith, Pavement, The Unicorns.
tell me which if any you like of those and I can tell you some more

BAKAAA
05-10-2007, 09:02 PM
dudeeee they're pretty good they're local too from seattle :)

thank you for showing me this haha

donycantskate
05-10-2007, 09:21 PM

Interpol or Joy Division. Similar bands, very ambient maybe not the typical indie style idk, also of course theres the Smiths aswell.

reptiskate52
05-11-2007, 01:15 PM
dudeeee they're pretty good they're local too from seattle :)

thank you for showing me this haha
Haha, they're not from Seattle. They're from Brooklyn, but Eric wanted to spread the name cross country (Plus they're original guitarist and drummer bailed.) It was kind of to get a fresh start, too.

Choizy, try Sebadoh, The New Lows, Moving Units(some songs are oddly techno, though) and The Decemberists.

jpharaoh69
05-11-2007, 01:39 PM
im not that into indie music but i really like these guys:

http://www.purevolume.com/tokyopoliceclub

reptiskate52
05-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Oh yeah, if anyone wants to do me a favor for rep, find me tabs for the Pimp and the Sparrow.

Mr. Electric Ocean
05-13-2007, 06:20 AM
The Unicorns, Islands, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Of Montreal, Sonic Youth,and The Decemberists are all pretty good indie bands if your looking for some more.

Chip_Hanna
05-13-2007, 07:39 PM
they r ok i guess.

i like the shins and the decemberists better