PDA

View Full Version : I haven't heard much ska lately but...

drowning_fish
05-06-2007, 02:18 PM
The Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra gives me eargasms. "Wild Peace" niggas

Also, I downloaded the new Toasters album "One More Bullet" and it's so great. "Where's the Freedom?" is definitely one of my favorite songs of all time now

Tehgiggles
05-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Ima look em up.

drowning_fish
05-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Ima look em up.

Never heard of The Toasters? Nigga please

jpharaoh69
05-06-2007, 02:42 PM
on topic, the new big d album is sick.

RiseWithTheFallen.
05-06-2007, 02:45 PM
check out Mustard plug--- http://youtube.com/watch?v=TyM6VqRGwCY
and http://youtube.com/watch?v=yJcBAqAgtQc

Tehgiggles
05-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Never heard of The Toasters? Nigga please

Not a HUGE fan of ska, so.. yeah. Ima look em up.

I searched for Wild Peace in youtube and that song sounds insane.

drowning_fish
05-06-2007, 02:52 PM
on topic, the new big d album is sick.

Wooooooooooooooooooord! I heard it mad long ago when SPM (I think it was?) posted a leak of the whole thing. It's completely different than How it Goes, but in a good way for sure.

drowning_fish
05-06-2007, 02:53 PM
check out Mustard plug--- http://youtube.com/watch?v=TyM6VqRGwCY
and http://youtube.com/watch?v=yJcBAqAgtQc

No no no, I'm a big fan of ska already... I just made this thread because I was listening to The Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra and thought it was dope.

Mustard Plug is good though

jpharaoh69
05-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooord! I heard it mad long ago when SPM (I think it was?) posted a leak of the whole thing. It's completely different than How it Goes, but in a good way for sure.

yea i no, i really wasnt expecting that, but its awesome. probably better too.

drowning_fish
05-06-2007, 02:56 PM
yea i no, i really wasnt expecting that, but its awesome. probably better too.

Yeah, it's better in my opinion... You can't really compare the two though.

ZipZinger
05-06-2007, 06:52 PM
New Streetlight, Aquabats, and Reel Big Fish albums out this summer. I'm excited. And now that I just got Limewire I'm finally gonna get into Mustard Plug and The Specials and all that.

drowning_fish
05-06-2007, 07:13 PM
New Streetlight, Aquabats, and Reel Big Fish albums out this summer. I'm excited. And now that I just got Limewire I'm finally gonna get into Mustard Plug and The Specials and all that.

I know about SM's supposed release (although personally, I think they're going to delay it until next year or something hahahaha. It's all good though, if that's what it takes to make a good album then so be it) but never heard of a new Aquabats or RBF album... I didn't really like "Charge!!" as much as their other stuff. Seems like they're trying to be semi-serious for a change... Which is definitely not the Aquabats I know

hamburger
05-06-2007, 08:38 PM
I know about SM's supposed release (although personally, I think they're going to delay it until next year or something hahahaha. It's all good though, if that's what it takes to make a good album then so be it) but never heard of a new Aquabats or RBF album... I didn't really like "Charge!!" as much as their other stuff. Seems like they're trying to be semi-serious for a change... Which is definitely not the Aquabats I know

I thought Charge!! was GOLD! The music is a bit more serious but most of the lyrics are classic Aquabats.

Yeah, and the new Reel Big Fish is due out July 10th I believe. I'm not their biggest fan but I'm looking forward to seeing them this summer.

I EAT BABIES
05-06-2007, 08:40 PM
I haven't listened to ska for a while. Not having new music was getting boring. I'll find the new toasters album they kick ass.

SkaSkate
05-06-2007, 09:07 PM
WOW, HOLY CRAP, someone actually listens to good ska bands, WOOOW!

Nice.

Oh did I tell you the Toasters came on tour to Bulgaria recently, to my city, I mean... what are the odds, I'm the luckiest person alive!

Tehgiggles
05-07-2007, 06:53 AM
This may sound stupid, but what is the correct pronunciation of ska?

Some people say 'scar' and some say 'skah'

jpharaoh69
05-07-2007, 11:27 AM
This may sound stupid, but what is the correct pronunciation of ska?

Some people say 'scar' and some say 'skah'

scar? what the hell. its "skah". as in scotch, not scam.

Tehgiggles
05-07-2007, 11:29 AM
So its scat, without the t?

jpharaoh69
05-07-2007, 11:31 AM
So its scat, without the t?

no, pronounce the word scotch (the drink) and take out the "tch"

ZipZinger
05-07-2007, 12:00 PM

Charge was overall different, but more whole sounding and the lyrics had a little more of a message to them but they were still goofy and great. I'm counting on some horns in this new album, which I think is possible because they mentioned in an old news bulliten that Jimmy the Robot had bought a new sax for recording.

Tehgiggles
05-07-2007, 12:07 PM
no, pronounce the word scotch (the drink) and take out the "tch"

I need to hear someone say it.

$0uL1CiTii*~
05-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Dudeeeeeee I'm the one that told you about them, don't deny it. I'm almost positive if I asked you if you had heard them and you said you'd look it up later. Correct me if I'm wrong?

GIVE DA CREDIT WHERE THE CREDIT BE DUE MOTHA FUCKAAAA

Tehgiggles
05-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Like dis? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK2--2TrJRg

'scarr'

jpharaoh69
05-07-2007, 01:00 PM
ohhhh, youre from the UK...ok then i guess you would pronounce it "scar"

drowning_fish
05-07-2007, 02:35 PM
I thought Charge!! was GOLD! The music is a bit more serious but most of the lyrics are classic Aquabats.

Yeah, and the new Reel Big Fish is due out July 10th I believe. I'm not their biggest fan but I'm looking forward to seeing them this summer.

I only listened to the first 3-4 songs and then quit. I'll check it out again though.

WOW, HOLY CRAP, someone actually listens to good ska bands, WOOOW!

Nice.

Oh did I tell you the Toasters came on tour to Bulgaria recently, to my city, I mean... what are the odds, I'm the luckiest person alive!

Hah, you keep mentioning that show

Charge was overall different, but more whole sounding and the lyrics had a little more of a message to them but they were still goofy and great. I'm counting on some horns in this new album, which I think is possible because they mentioned in an old news bulliten that Jimmy the Robot had bought a new sax for recording.

Fuck yeah!

Dudeeeeeee I'm the one that told you about them, don't deny it. I'm almost positive if I asked you if you had heard them and you said you'd look it up later. Correct me if I'm wrong?

GIVE DA CREDIT WHERE THE CREDIT BE DUE MOTHA FUCKAAAA

You're talking about TSPO, correct? I think I remember you talking about them but to be honest I just forgot... I was browsing PT a couple days ago and the name caught my eye. Hahahaha