PDA

View Full Version : Blink-182

BOINK!
04-01-2007, 10:47 AM
I think that Blink-182 was one of the greatest bands that ever lived. But i never wondered why they split up till now. Does anyone know why they split up?

zachnelson24
04-01-2007, 10:58 AM
I think they were just going in different directions with what they wanted to do, and they all have families so that probably got in the way...

The One Who Once Was
04-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Taken from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blink_182).

Three weeks later DeLonge announced his new band, Angels and Airwaves. As his reason for why Blink-182 went on indefinite hiatus, DeLonge suggested the mounting tension between himself and Hoppus, ultimately caused by DeLonge's desire for a break with his family coupled with Hoppus's feelings of betrayal after the formation of Box Car Racer.

In August 2006, Hoppus gave an extensive interview with b182.com. The interview focused on Blink-182 and the hitherto-unexplained events that had led to the band's hiatus. Contrary to DeLonge's statements, Hoppus said that the band had been getting along at the time of their final album. Hoppus went on to say that DeLonge requested a half-year respite from touring to spend time with his family, despite a planned final spring U.S. tour. Hoppus and Barker hesitantly conceded, leading to the cancellation of the upcoming tour. Further problems arose in discussions regarding the band's future recording endeavors. It was at this point that Hoppus felt that Blink-182 had ceased functioning as a band. Hoppus went on to state that he and Barker eventually formed +44 at the end of the European leg out of frustration for DeLonge's constant reluctances.

skate_and_be_rad
04-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Basically Tom wanted to do shit that Mark and Travis didn't. I wish they stayed like Take Off Your Pants and Jacket or previous albums, the new stuff was okay but it just wasn't "them".

leavemealone
04-01-2007, 06:58 PM
They ruled, im not as into them as i used to be. They still do rule. But +44 is pretty sick, i hope the next +44 album has some humorous songs

Snowskate to Destiny
04-01-2007, 07:12 PM
I still like Blink a bit. Together they did good, now they are separated and both bands suck IMO.

baker_skater
04-01-2007, 07:34 PM
I only like Adams Song by them.

kfskater661
04-02-2007, 10:25 AM
i don't think that it was that they didn't like each other anymore. but they where startin to go in different directions. like they where startin families and stuff like that.

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
04-02-2007, 10:46 AM
From different details from both parties I can assume that Mark and Travis wanted to continue and Tom didn't. Tom used his manager to break up with the band for him and made AvA. And obviously by comments about AvA you can tell Tom has become one of the most arrogant people out there. I saw them live though back in 2000 with Green Day. They were alright but shit competing with Green Day especially the Green Day from pre American Idiot only made Blink look worse.

g00Db0y8
04-03-2007, 07:01 PM
im listening to them right now, shame they split up, but oh well, it happens to a lot of great bands if u think about it.

BAKAAA
04-03-2007, 07:38 PM
i think they split for most of the reasons stated above. maybe a lot of the change in their music going from a more humorous side to a more serious side had something to do with it. I get a feeling tom is the one who wanted the new, more serious, sound.

Hairy Johnson
04-04-2007, 12:34 PM
They got some badass songs. Some could be touching..but not really. Im listening to down rite now.

sk8 or die
04-04-2007, 12:48 PM
I know all the reasons I am the biggest Blink-182 fan on this website I pranktly know their life stories. They split up because tom dleonge lead singer and guitarist wanted to furhter his musical career and change the world so he want ed to end the band and created angels and airwaves with members from other bands such as the offspring and box car racer. Mark singer and bassist and Travis drummer created +44 with one of marks friends.

sk8 or die
04-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Also box car racer was formed in 2002 with tom and travis no mark during when blink-182 was still together

sk8 or die
04-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Basically Tom wanted to do shit that Mark and Travis didn't. I wish they stayed like Take Off Your Pants and Jacket or previous albums, the new stuff was okay but it just wasn't "them".

Amen bro.

sk8 or die
04-04-2007, 12:54 PM
I know I'm posting alot but I've been waiting forever for someone to ask this question

leavemealone
04-04-2007, 01:02 PM
I know all the reasons I am the biggest Blink-182 fan on this website I pranktly know their life stories. They split up because tom dleonge lead singer and guitarist wanted to furhter his musical career and change the world so he want ed to end the band and created angels and airwaves with members from other bands such as the offspring and box car racer. Mark singer and bassist and Travis drummer created +44 with one of marks friends.

you are so not the biggest fan on this site..

Hairy Johnson
04-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Untitled is a pretty good song, you don't need to post like 15 times in a row though.

spitYogurt
04-04-2007, 01:42 PM
I wish they stayed like Take Off Your Pants and Jacket or previous albums, the new stuff was okay but it just wasn't "them".

Take off your parents is when they started to suck. What a shitty album.

Their early work is really good. Dude Ranch, Cheshire Cat, and Enema of the State are all great albums.

igrindtwinkies
04-04-2007, 04:04 PM
They were alright. One of the few bands I like that my friends like.

Skater_goth
04-04-2007, 04:15 PM
I think that they have like 1 or 2 songs but I hate the rest, my reason that they broke up is that they got sick of each other like alot of boy bands do.

sk8 or die
04-05-2007, 10:31 AM
you are so not the biggest fan on this site..

Name one bigger.

leavemealone
04-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Name one bigger.

ME

Ericyum
04-05-2007, 03:07 PM
I think they were just going in different directions with what they wanted to do, and they all have families so that probably got in the way...

thats it right there ^^

BLIND4LIFe
04-06-2007, 09:49 AM
yea they should have never split up. i like +44 and angels n
airwaves are ok. but they were the best when they were blink.
they should get back together.

blindskater is back
04-07-2007, 10:49 AM
because of delonge