BandagedSkater
03-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Seriously it's ridiculous.

Randomzero
03-26-2007, 05:00 PM
how?fucking eddie van halen is insane.

dain84
03-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Finally someone spoke up!! They're played around the clock on the rock station here and it's fucking annoying. Talk about killing decent songs.

jpharaoh69
03-26-2007, 05:16 PM
i very much dislike van halen. eddies guitar work is cool though, but thats it.

NotoriousBigBird
03-26-2007, 05:19 PM
eddie van halen>you

Marevix
03-26-2007, 10:49 PM
I agree. Eruption does not have the best guitar solo, nor is it even close.

drizzle
03-26-2007, 10:54 PM
I don't like glam metal in general...

Vivica
03-27-2007, 01:15 AM
Being fair, Van Halen were a brilliant band!
But i do agree, Eddie Van Halen's over rated as a guitarist.

Alot of people will argue that he has more technical ability than any of the great guitarists... But i honestly have never heard anything to make me think he's that amazing.

I agree. Eruption does not have the best guitar solo, nor is it even close.

Agreed, its fairly good... but there's alot of blues songs with more well put together solo's, and alot of metal with faster solo's.
No matter which way you look at it there are better solo's out there, either in composition, emotion, or speed.

spanky_dan
03-27-2007, 01:16 AM
Eddie used to be insane at guitar, and I think he deserves credit for pioneering two handed tapping. As for the band, I don't mind them, they have some great songs. I don't think Eruption is the greatest solo of all time either.

Skating Forever Even in Heaven
03-27-2007, 03:45 AM
I can't really stand their songs. Only one I really listened to was Running with the Devil. I only liked the guitar playing in all their songs.

Klausfloride
03-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Well Eddie is a good guitar player, but the bands songs are garbage.

Snowskate to Destiny
03-27-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't like them that much.

Anty127
03-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Anyone here who doesn't play guitar, and is saying he is an over rated guitarist, should shut the fuck up.

As for them being overrated, not really, they are just fucking good. There is a difference between been rated good all the time because you are really good, and being overrated.

Bam is over-rated.

Van Halen is good, listen to "Hot for Teacher" and tell me that band isn't fucking good. I'd like to say anyone write a song like that.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan, but I can recognize the talent that is there for who they are. I barely listen to them, I like reggae.

star_skater
03-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Let's put on some spandex and sing along to JUMP!

.... jk.. anyways the only song i like of theres is runnin with the devil, it's ok i guess

dain84
03-27-2007, 01:01 PM
We're not saying they're not good, we're saying they're overrated.

BandagedSkater
03-27-2007, 05:15 PM
It's ridiculous, even suggesting that Van Halen isn't the god of guitar earns you the title of fag.

All he really does is play through scales really fast and tap. He's good but he's not that good. I'm tired of hearing about how great he is every fucking second.

zero4life13
03-30-2007, 07:24 PM
yea when i was playin at a gig an old man said hey play some eruption and i was like dude go fuck yourslef
(1) eurption was goroundbreaking in the 1980s not the 200s
(2) herman li and dragonforce could kick the shit out of eddie on speed
(3) And Buddy guy could kick his ass in everything else

Eddie was good and is great but not he best ever

the best to me is Jimmy paige cuz he can play fast and play emotional which are two awseome comobs

jpharaoh69
03-30-2007, 07:30 PM
the best to me is Jimmy paige cuz he can play fast and play emotional which are two awseome comobs

are you kidding me? Page? as a guitarist hes no where near one of the best. one of the best popular band guitarists, yes. can he and his band write some great songs? yes. but skill-wise, there are many many better than him. i personally know a good 3 or 4 amateur guitarists who could own his ass in a guitar off.