PDA

View Full Version : Power Violence

sucka mothafcka stopper
03-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Any of you guys like bands of this genre? I think it's probably some of the greatest music ever. Here are my favorites:

www.myspace.com/nazoultimatewarriors
www.myspace.com/charlesmuthafuckinbronson
www.myspace.com/spazzflowerpower

Klausfloride
03-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Its actually one of they worst genres ever......

Spazz
Lack Of Interest
Charles Bronson
Man Is The Bastard
Crossed Out
Fuck On The Beach
Crom
Stapled Shut
Despise You

Its like on of those things you hate but still listen to it. But actually I think I deleted all my power violence albums for good, I never listened to them because the novelty wore off and I was left with shitty music.

sucka mothafcka stopper
03-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Haha, I guess the "novelty" never wore off for me...I've been listening to this shit for years. I can see how it would annoy the hell out of most people though.

Klausfloride
03-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Haha, I guess the "novelty" never wore off for me...I've been listening to this shit for years. I can see how it would annoy the hell out of most people though.

There is also betercore, scholastic deth, and iron lung. But I never listened to them. But I don't like anyone of these bands lyrics, and it isn't nearly as chaotic or violent of some contemporary music, so I don't see a point. But I could if it were the early 90's.

Klausfloride
03-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Have you ever heard of Romantic Gorilla? They're this japanease hardcore band that I some how downloaded. You might like them, they are PVish.

What the ***** firefox just told me japanease is two words.

sucka mothafcka stopper
03-23-2007, 05:27 PM
No, I've never heard of Romantic Gorilla. I'm gonna try and download them on Soulseek now though.

And yeah, I see what you're saying about how it's not as chaotic as some of the stuff today, but I think that's what I like about it. I love the goofiness of a lot of the singers, like the ridiculous voices they will do when they are screaming, and the way the music is just kinda thrown out there. There's just something about it that I could never stop loving.

And the reason Firefox is telling you "Japanease" is two words, is because it's spelled Japanese, haha.

Klausfloride
03-23-2007, 05:30 PM
No, I've never heard of Romantic Gorilla. I'm gonna try and download them on Soulseek now though.

And yeah, I see what you're saying about how it's not as chaotic as some of the stuff today, but I think that's what I like about it. I love the goofiness of a lot of the singers and just the way the music is just thrown out there. There's just something about it that I could never stop loving.

Well with me, I like the insanely chaotic. Power Violence just doesn't cut it for me. I needs more.

sucka mothafcka stopper
03-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Give me an example of what you think the most insanely chaotic band is. I'd like to check it out.

Klausfloride
03-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Give me an example of what you think the most insanely chaotic band is. I'd like to check it out.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=37760018]

Listen to "Rainbow Road", it sounds more chaotic in my car with the bass cranked.

http://www.myspace.com/25dollarmassacre

http://www.myspace.com/ablackroseburial

Renegade of Funk
03-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Ahh i love power violence

some of it is just novel stuff but i really like the good stuff like crossed out and spazz

theres a lot of good power violence bands from houston, including Machine Gun Romantics, Knuckle Scraper, and Hatred Surge.

I'm in a drum & bass skate/sXe thrash/power violence band called Skate Edge, check us out
http://www.myspace.com/xskatexedgex

Klausfloride
03-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Ahh i love power violence

some of it is just novel stuff but i really like the good stuff like crossed out and spazz

theres a lot of good power violence bands from houston, including Machine Gun Romantics, Knuckle Scraper, and Hatred Surge.

I'm in a drum & bass skate/sXe thrash/power violence band called Skate Edge, check us out
http://www.myspace.com/xskatexedgex

I think the whole power violence/sXe is much more fun to be apart of then it is to listen to. Like I'm sure thats fun, but it isn't the same listening to it on your iPod or whatever.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-30-2007, 11:55 AM
I don't get it.. it sounds exactly just like grindcore?

Klausfloride
03-30-2007, 12:00 PM
I don't get it.. it sounds exactly just like grindcore?

Well his vocals were a bit different from what I heard. But most PV is just straight D-beat and 16th note down picked power chords with vocals being yelled about skating, not doing drugs, or other things.

GetWrecked77
03-30-2007, 01:09 PM
PV is more on the hardcore/punk rock side.

And Scholastic Deth is pretty rad. I think I'll redownload some.

Klausfloride
03-30-2007, 01:52 PM
PV is more on the hardcore/punk rock side.

And Scholastic Deth is pretty rad. I think I'll redownload some.

Eww, I don't them. But then again I'm really picky. I think power violence needs to more violent.

Renegade of Funk
03-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Eww, I don't them. But then again I'm really picky. I think power violence needs to more violent.

I wouldn't say Scholastic Deth is really PV, they are more thrashy hardcore.

GetWrecked77
03-30-2007, 07:41 PM
I wouldn't say Scholastic Deth is really PV, they are more thrashy hardcore.

Hence why they're good, haha.