PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Effect Pedal

timorousme
10-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Now that I have my guitar and amp covered, I'm able to invest in a Multi-Effect. I'm wondering what people suggest. A couple seempromising, but I want some people's opinions. Thank you.

Vivica
10-23-2005, 01:53 AM
my opinion....

MUTLI-FX KILLS TONE!!

However, if you REALLY want one, then i suggest digitech well above zoom etc.

stomps are the way to go, mega expensive though.

!Ferg!
10-23-2005, 02:11 AM
my opinion....

MUTLI-FX KILLS TONE!!

i use zoom and its good and cheap. its like only HKD$200 its really worth it. divide 8 to find out the american price.

zup
10-23-2005, 03:34 AM
my opinion....

MUTLI-FX KILLS TONE!!

i'll second that ... i use a zoom multi-fx and i hate it. I agree with the ruining your tone thing since even when i have it in bypass mode (so it shouldnt change anything) my bass still doesn't sound the same as when i take the pedal out altogether. BUT they are a very good introduction to fx so you know what pedals you will actually be using.

I'm buying a 'big muff' distortion pedal instead when i'm in birmingham tomorrow and thinking about synth pedals for x-mas.

EDIT: i just noticed you play guitar so ... i played my telecaster with this pedal when i was bored and most the fx sound shit (and when my freind was using his guitar with it everyone who could hear agreed how shit they sounded, apart from distortion).

Infact digitech whammy pedal?

Vivica
10-23-2005, 03:38 AM
i use my mates digitech guitar multi-fx pedal sometimes, it sounds shit most of the time, but you can make some cool sounds (i play bass by the way)

i'm thinking of getting some effects, maybe an expression/wah pedal and a distortion stomp, but i don't play much at the moment so i doubt i will...

someguythatskates
10-23-2005, 03:42 AM
dude just get a zoom i haav the bass multi effect pedal and its good. If ur not too picky about effects its good for u. If u r picky and everything has too be perfect...... well id still get a zoom

Vivica
10-23-2005, 03:44 AM
for crying out loud...

i have said that multi-fx are ok if you're just starting to use effects and want a wide range of stuff to play with, but do not get zoom, they are inferior to digitech, and boss, and danelectro, and pretty much every other company who make multi-fx.

farlee
10-23-2005, 06:34 AM
is the rp-80 the one wit the expression pedal on it? its pretty much an rp-50 with a extra foot pedal right? id probably recommend either rp-5 or 80 for first pedal

Vivica
10-23-2005, 06:37 AM
yea, the rp-50 is the one that my mate bought when he first started.

and yes, the rp-80 is almost exactly the same but with the expression pedal.

i'd recomend that over most zoom pedals any day.

timorousme
10-23-2005, 07:40 AM
My friend recommended to me the Boss ME-50. Basically every Boss pedal rolled into one... Er... Four...

zup
10-23-2005, 07:42 AM
i think i know which one your talking about (well i only know of one boss multi-fx..) and i was thinking of getting one of those. The price kinda put me off at the time, but i've heard really good things about it.

miniman
10-23-2005, 07:45 AM
get the boss pedal that ahs every boss pedal into the main thing itll cost bout 300 quid though but its brilliant. as u can also creat ur own effects with 2 or 3 of the pre set ones.

Anti-Hero
10-23-2005, 07:51 AM
i dislike effects boxes in so many way, i just use a distortion pedal sometimes and a wah wah if i play lead

Ryusuke
10-23-2005, 12:10 PM
Digitech rules.

Vivica
10-23-2005, 12:21 PM
My friend recommended to me the Boss ME-50. Basically every Boss pedal rolled into one... Er... Four...

yea, thats one of the best multi-fx pedals you can get imo.

james e
10-23-2005, 12:28 PM
get a zoom pedalboard , my mate has it and you can get some class sounds from it
http://www.music123.com/Zoom-GFX-1-Multi--Effects-Guitar-Processor-i151098.music

Vivica
10-23-2005, 12:30 PM
get a zoom pedalboard , my mate has it and you can get some class sounds from it
http://www.music123.com/Zoom-GFX-1-Multi--Effects-Guitar-Processor-i151098.music

why do you people not understand what i'm saying...

ever notice when you mute things when you're using that, your amp is left making a HORRIBLE noise?

thats because crappy zoom multi-fx kill tone completely! (well... not really why.. but still)

thats one of the more high end zoom pedals and from what i've heard of it its just like all the other zoom multi-fx pedals... only with slightly more Stuff....