PDA

View Full Version : Help my band find a Genre!

unclemole
02-10-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm somewhat stumped as to what we should be listed under on myspace...

http://myspace.com/sundaymorningapocalypse

Metal is Obvious...

But would you consider us...

Death Metal?
Blackmetal?
Breakbeat?
Breakcore?
Thrash?
Progressive?
Hardcore?
Grindcore?

I really wish there was a metalcore listing...

Help us out!
-Sam

And keep hatemail/ flaming out of this.

Hippopotamus
02-10-2007, 12:44 PM
based solely on your drummer's picture, i think it's safe to simply call you "Manly Metal"
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/7210/corij0.jpg

YourMom
02-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Manly Metal will do, hahaha

Anyway, Death Metal - no. Black Metal would be a big stretch. Didn't sound Thrash or Progressive. Don't sound like any Grindcore I've ever heard either (granted I haven't heard a lot). Those are the only genres I'm comfortable with. Most metalcore bands though, which you guys sound most like, leave their genre as Metal / Hardcore. You might be Breakbeat or Breakcore. To be honest that's the first time I've ever heard of those genres.

Klausfloride
02-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Breakbeat and breakcore are techno sub-genres, so I don't see why those are there.

Your not good enough to be progressive.

Your not fast enough to be thrash.

Your not grindcore

But you do sound like alot of metalcore bands that I don't like. But don't get me wrong, you guys weren't that bad.

kristian
02-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Accapella.

timorousme
02-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Accapella.

As they walk out of the pawn shop.

Ynot
02-10-2007, 02:59 PM
metal/hardcore, duh

GetWrecked77
02-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Hyphy

Ipswitch
02-11-2007, 01:43 PM
I just dont see how anyone can listen to that kind of music and enjoy it/take it seriously. No offense to your band, i'm just talking generally about the whole screaming/growling vocal categories. How can you listen to it and enjoy it?

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
02-11-2007, 02:02 PM
I just dont see how anyone can listen to that kind of music and enjoy it/take it seriously. No offense to your band, i'm just talking generally about the whole screaming/growling vocal categories. How can you listen to it and enjoy it?

How can you listen to jazz and not fall the fuck asleep? Its fucking hella boring shit music. But then again, it's your opinion that jazz is good music and you enjoy it, the same way people listen to screaming/growling and enjoy it. It's all preference/opinion. Anyone who knows music, as much as you claim, should know that

BAKAAA
02-11-2007, 02:09 PM
i'd say metal/hardcore.

you guys are from olympia. where do you play shows?

SkaSkate
02-11-2007, 02:13 PM
U don't need a genre, is that so hard to figure out. In one band I play anything from jazz to heavy punk and in another I play funk, jazz, rock, dub and do a lot of jamming. If you like some type of music play it. I don't really listen to punk anymore, but I have fun playing it, adding my influence and making a good song with the other guys.

Klausfloride
02-11-2007, 02:23 PM

Its called catharsis. Its much more emotive than other forms of music, and thats what alot of people like.

unclemole
02-11-2007, 04:49 PM
i'd say metal/hardcore.

you guys are from olympia. where do you play shows?

we're going to be playing at hells kitchen on the 13 of april with wide eye panic, and shatter something... shatterdust? i think thats the name

an we are possibly playing the bite of seattle and taste of tacoma...

those are for sure dates. probably plays some clubs and venues here and there. buts thats all we know of!

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
02-11-2007, 07:16 PM
we're going to be playing at hells kitchen on the 13 of april with wide eye panic, and shatter something... shatterdust? i think thats the name

an we are possibly playing the bite of seattle and taste of tacoma...

those are for sure dates. probably plays some clubs and venues here and there. buts thats all we know of!

Have you heard of Culling The Weak?

unclemole
02-12-2007, 12:42 AM
I have not but I'll be sure to check em out. But you or anyone in WA should go to the show on the 13th of April!

all 3 WA members lol

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
02-12-2007, 01:17 AM
I have not but I'll be sure to check em out. But you or anyone in WA should go to the show on the 13th of April!

all 3 WA members lol

Well Culling The Weak is the only hardcore/metalcore band I am a fan of. So the only time you'll ever have a chance of me seeing another hardcore band live is if it's an opening act for CTW, or for another good band.