PDA

View Full Version : Technical music

kristian
02-08-2007, 04:31 PM
post your favourite technical bands! Maybe I can broaden my horizon!

Klausfloride
02-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Ion Dissonance - chaotic and very cathartic.
The #12 Looks Like You - a mixture, has beautiful melodies, something most hard bands lack.
Cloacal Kiss - musical equivalent of euthanasia with hammers.
Dillinger Escape Plan - chance music, free jazz and metal mixed.
Between the Buried and Me - mathcore, but with a more epic feel
The Locust - sounds like noise to the untrained ear, but consist of alot of tech

child-of-insanity
02-08-2007, 05:32 PM
what Klaus said. plus check out The Red Chord and Into the Moat

Klausfloride
02-08-2007, 05:36 PM
what Klaus said. plus check out The Red Chord and Into the Moat

I forgot Into the Most, but I haven't listened to them in awhile so I couldn't think of any witty descriptions.

HaggardSkater
02-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Check out Dream Theater, they are very technical and just plain rock!

BandagedSkater
02-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Between the Buried and Me
Kataklysm

kristian
02-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Between the buried and me is one of my favourite bands, along with the dillinger escape plan and into the moat. I'm going to check out the #12 looks liek you!

Thank you to all who contributed.

Occupant
02-10-2007, 12:33 PM
what klausfloride said.

YourMom
02-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Behold... The Arctopus - Nano-Nucleonic Cyborg Summoning [EP]

Instrumental madness

MullenSucks
02-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Technical music?

Ynot
02-10-2007, 03:17 PM
check out superjoint ritual, they're more along the lines of 80's hardcore, but they got some pretty technical songs

Technical music?
music w/out specific song structures, time signatures or riffs. some tech bands mix jazz and prog rock in their music. it's an aquired taste though, cause you gotta be into some type of heavy music to "get" technical bands

MullenSucks
02-10-2007, 03:26 PM
check out superjoint ritual, they're more along the lines of 80's hardcore, but they got some pretty technical songs

music w/out specific song structures, time signatures or riffs. some tech bands mix jazz and prog rock in their music. it's an aquired taste though, cause you gotta be into some type of heavy music to "get" technical bands

You might as well just come right out and say the music is garbage because good music should be universal and "an aquired taste" basically means you're forcing yourself to learn to like something.

Ynot
02-10-2007, 03:40 PM
You might as well just come right out and say the music is garbage because good music should be universal and "an aquired taste" basically means you're forcing yourself to learn to like something.
not really. when people first listen to it, they think that it's just mindless noise, but if they keep listening to it, they realize the amount of musicianship it takes to make songs like that. some bands will even use melody and harmony in it. it's not really all that bad. besides, not all great music is universal. you could give someone from a foriegn country a cd from your favorite band and they might hate it. everyone has different preferences

MullenSucks
02-10-2007, 03:46 PM
not really. when people first listen to it, they think that it's just mindless noise, but if they keep listening to it, they realize the amount of musicianship it takes to make songs like that. some bands will even use melody and harmony in it. it's not really all that bad. besides, not all great music is universal. you could give someone from a foriegn country a cd from your favorite band and they might hate it. everyone has different preferences

Wow, "it sounds like mindless noise but if you listen to it for several hours straight, you'll see how hard it is to play. It still won't sound good, but its hard, dammit!" As for this line: "you could give someone from a foriegn country a cd from your favorite band and they might hate it," my favorite bands don't constitute what is or is not good music, its just what I like. So, my point still stands, good music should be universal.

Ynot
02-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Wow, "it sounds like mindless noise but if you listen to it for several hours straight, you'll see how hard it is to play. It still won't sound good, but its hard, dammit!" As for this line: "you could give someone from a foriegn country a cd from your favorite band and they might hate it," my favorite bands don't constitute what is or is not good music, its just what I like. So, my point still stands, good music should be universal.
you may think technical music is bad, but there's people who like it, like there's people who like country music jazz, or metal. it might seem like crap to you, but to others it could be what's blasting in their car every morning.everyone has their musical preferences and it's immpossible for everyone to like the same type of music. doesn't matter how many people like an artist or song, there's always gonna people who don't like it. so your idea of good music being universal is flawed, because everyone has a different idea of good music.

kristian
02-10-2007, 04:38 PM
So, my point still stands, good music should be universal.A song is only good if someone thinks it's good. So what is good to one may not be good to another. A good song doesn't have to be universal because if YOU personally like it, then you consider it a good song.

MullenSucks
02-10-2007, 04:40 PM
A song is only good if someone thinks it's good. So what is good to one may not be good to another. A good song doesn't have to be universal because if YOU personally like it, then you consider it a good song.

No, and don't tell me what I do and don't consider good music.

kristian
02-10-2007, 04:42 PM
No, and don't tell me what I do and don't consider good music.I wasn't speaking specifically to you, I was speaking in general.

I'll rephrase. If somebody likes a song, then it's good to them. That doesn't mean it is universal, it just means they like the song themselve, therefore it is a good song to them.

Klausfloride
02-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Mullensucks, don't rely on Ynot's definition, it sucks. But I won't bother telling you what technical music is(takes extreme musical precision).

And I see what your saying about universal good music, although its a stupid, I see what your saying. And alot of this type of music purposely experiments with dissonance and cacophony, something that is naturally unpleasant to human ears. But I guess you have to think if like Dada, it wasn't art, it was anti-art. This isn't music, its orchestrated noise. And I love it.