PDA

View Full Version : Dark Funeral

Deathklaat
01-21-2007, 10:39 AM
Anyone else here listens to them?.. i saw them last night on tour they were awesome!

Dark Funeral - Atrum Regina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpvlC9Xj7jk

http://www.darkfuneral.se/MySpace/myspace_advertisement.jpg

roberttt
01-21-2007, 10:56 AM
I just started to listen to them too

Tehgiggles
01-21-2007, 11:01 AM
Sounds a bit too evil for me.

Rock_Rocks77
01-21-2007, 11:25 AM
i hate these queer bands that think death and gore are cool

Deathklaat
01-21-2007, 06:39 PM

Wow your awesome...

Valo Negroth
01-21-2007, 06:52 PM
My favorite song right now at least is 666 Voices.

Deathklaat
01-22-2007, 03:41 PM
My favorite song right now at least is 666 Voices.

Yea its mines too.. everyone went crazy when they played that song

Valo Negroth
01-22-2007, 11:54 PM
Yea its mines too.. everyone went crazy when they played that song

Teach the Children to Worship Satan is a good one as well. In fact the whole Teach the Children is a good cd!

Skater_goth
01-23-2007, 12:43 AM
They look satanic and evil. WHOOO SPOOKY. They think they are all though because they can yell and play musical instruments, what happened to the good metal/death metal bands like slayer and trivium and road runner.
Dark funeral is the only band worth anything on that poster.

Yes rock rocks death is not cool either is gore. The true coolness is cool itself.
(That was a poem by the way)

Valo Negroth
01-23-2007, 02:17 AM
They look satanic and evil. WHOOO SPOOKY. They think they are all though because they can yell and play musical instruments, what happened to the good metal/death metal bands like slayer and trivium and road runner.

Yes rock rocks death is not cool either is gore. The true coolness is cool itself.
(That was a poem by the way)

Dude at least 90% of todays Black metal (and other bands) wear Corpse Paint
Dark Funeral, Mayhem, Dimmu Borgir, Old Man's Child, Graven, Darkthrone, Cradle of Filth, Dodsferd, Immortal, Kiss, Arthur Brown, Alice Cooper (minus the white background), The Misfits, Dave Vanian of The Damned, Hellhammer and King Diamond of Mercyful Fate, Celtic Frost,Satyricon, Sarcofago,Emperor, Borknagar, Dethklok, Gorgoroth, Ragnarok, Attila Csihar (formerly of Mayhem and Tormentor), Dødheimsgard, and early Slayer. (Should I keep naming or not?)

And for the origin of corpsepaint, Corpse paint might be traced back to Germanic folklore. Particularly striking are the similarities between modern black metal corpse paint and the ghoulish apparence of the members of the Oskorei (meaning Wild Hunt), a legion of dead souls in Norse mythology. The early metal band Venom had songs about Norse myhology gods like Oden. And a lot of the background and influence towards black metal came from Norse and Germanic tales. Black metal is the most popular in Norway and Germany.

Oskorei (wild hunt) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oskorei

I don't want to start nothing just trying to stop a debate from starting that involves you and RATTM, Dark Funeral doesn't have songs about death or gore, perhaps the closest thing Ive heard in a song was Hail Murder, which is about the death of Christ.

Lyrics to the song posted aren't death or gore at all
My nocturnal queen,
Infernal, earthly and divine.
There on your knees,
My beloved concubine.
You look deep into my eyes,
As your mouth opens wide.
Lips moves up and down,
Soon in demon seed you'll drown.

Now close your eyes my love,
Drink my essence, and forever you'll be mine.

Atrum Regina, my nocturnal queen.
Atrum Regina, you fulfil me.

Now rise in front of me,
Oh how I wish to enter thee,
Of lust overwhelmed.
Is this a dream, or is this real.

Now bend down,
Feel my claws runs up your back.
As I enter thee, with full force from behind.
Feel how the demon seed, ejaculate inside.
Goddess of my dreams, my beloved concubine.

You fulfil me, Atrum Regina.

Deathklaat
01-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Dude at least 90% of todays Black metal (and other bands) wear Corpse Paint
Dark Funeral, Mayhem, Dimmu Borgir, Old Man's Child, Graven, Darkthrone, Cradle of Filth, Dodsferd, Immortal, Kiss, Arthur Brown, Alice Cooper (minus the white background), The Misfits, Dave Vanian of The Damned, Hellhammer and King Diamond of Mercyful Fate, Celtic Frost,Satyricon, Sarcofago,Emperor, Borknagar, Dethklok, Gorgoroth, Ragnarok, Attila Csihar (formerly of Mayhem and Tormentor), Dødheimsgard, and early Slayer. (Should I keep naming or not?)

And for the origin of corpsepaint, Corpse paint might be traced back to Germanic folklore. Particularly striking are the similarities between modern black metal corpse paint and the ghoulish apparence of the members of the Oskorei (meaning Wild Hunt), a legion of dead souls in Norse mythology. The early metal band Venom had songs about Norse myhology gods like Oden. And a lot of the background and influence towards black metal came from Norse and Germanic tales. Black metal is the most popular in Norway and Germany.

I don't want to start nothing just trying to stop a debate from starting that involves you and RATTM, Dark Funeral doesn't have songs about death or gore, perhaps the closest thing Ive heard in a song was Hail Murder, which is about the death of Christ.

Lyrics to the song posted aren't death or gore at all
My nocturnal queen,
Infernal, earthly and divine.
There on your knees,
My beloved concubine.
You look deep into my eyes,
As your mouth opens wide.
Lips moves up and down,
Soon in demon seed you'll drown.

Now close your eyes my love,
Drink my essence, and forever you'll be mine.

Atrum Regina, you fulfil me.

Now rise in front of me,
Oh how I wish to enter thee,
Of lust overwhelmed.
Is this a dream, or is this real.

Now bend down,
Feel my claws runs up your back.
As I enter thee, with full force from behind.
Feel how the demon seed, ejaculate inside.
Goddess of my dreams, my beloved concubine.

You fulfil me, Atrum Regina.

Dude, just dont waste your time trying to explane to them what is true and what is not.. lets just leave them assume that were into the gore and death and not into the music...

Valo Negroth
01-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Dude, just dont waste your time trying to explane to them what is true and what is not.. lets just leave them assume that were into the gore and death and not into the music...

Yeah but they see black, corpsepaint, spikes, and think death and gore the same second without thinking or having any type of knowledge about the genre of music it really is.

Deathklaat
01-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Yeah but they see black, corpsepaint, spikes, and think death and gore the same second without thinking or having any type of knowledge about the genre of music it really is.

We could explane to them amillion times about what the music really is but they wouldent bother listening anyways

(.)(.)
01-23-2007, 12:24 PM
why exactlydo they wear make up and dress that way? im not dissin but wonderin?

Deathklaat
01-23-2007, 12:26 PM

I really dont know either but i guess it just turned out that way.. maybe to give them a more "evil" look

Valo Negroth
01-23-2007, 12:26 PM

I posted it

And for the origin of corpsepaint, Corpse paint might be traced back to Germanic folklore. Particularly striking are the similarities between modern black metal corpse paint and the ghoulish apparence of the members of the Oskorei (meaning Wild Hunt), a legion of dead souls in Norse mythology. The early metal band Venom had songs about Norse myhology gods like Odin. And a lot of the background and influence towards black metal came from Norse and Germanic tales. Black metal is the most popular in Norway and Germany.

Deathklaat
01-23-2007, 12:29 PM
I posted it

And for the origin of corpsepaint, Corpse paint might be traced back to Germanic folklore. Particularly striking are the similarities between modern black metal corpse paint and the ghoulish apparence of the members of the Oskorei (meaning Wild Hunt), a legion of dead souls in Norse mythology. The early metal band Venom had songs about Norse myhology gods like Odin. And a lot of the background and influence towards black metal came from Norse and Germanic tales. Black metal is the most popular in Norway and Germany.

Aw ok awesome now i know too

Century Child
01-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Aw ok awesome now i know too

I had to search it cause Im not going to trust what Euronymous and Varg say about corpsepaint.

01-24-2007, 11:20 AM
The spikes are so gay and the spandex, Some music's alright, but the image is so gay. Underoath - Cries of the past, album is amazing still.

GO-COMMANDO
01-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Your calling spikes gay when you listen to fag bands like underoath, who where girl pants and eyeliner? Your fucking stupid.

YourMom
01-24-2007, 02:07 PM
I had to search it cause Im not going to trust what Euronymous and Varg say about corpsepaint.
What did they say? All I know is that Euronymous said he was inspired by Sarcofago because he thought they were the first ones who did it right. Like they were the first ones who used it to really make them look evil and dead.

Century Child
01-24-2007, 02:09 PM
The spikes are so gay and the spandex, Some music's alright, but the image is so gay. Underoath - Cries of the past, album is amazing still.

They wear spikes just for the hell of it and because the Oskorei. No black metal band wears spandex you idiot they wear where leather clothes, you say gay image one word Underoath it hardly gets any gayer then them. Why are you even talking about an eye-liner cutting music band in a thread about a black metal band? Get the fuck out of here.

your-girlfriend-has-1-arm
01-24-2007, 02:10 PM
pshh get ghetto listen to rap

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-24-2007, 02:13 PM

1. You're screen-name is sk8er goth, so shut up.
2. "They think they are all though because they can yell and play musical instruments", wow you sound like my parents. They never claimed to be tough, it's called art/entertainment, quit being a bitch.
3. Slayer sounds like shit now days, and Trivium write the most stupidest cliche crap ever, not worth even 1% the fame they have. Plus they(trivium) always say they are against metalcore, when they are one of the leading metalcore bands, and managed to brainwash themselves into believing they are thrash and the next Metallica. Ego fucks.

Century Child
01-24-2007, 02:13 PM
pshh get ghetto listen to rap

I do listen to rap, but rap today is going down hill and they make gay songs about the gayest shit. Chicken noodle soup, thats the ***** etc. If you don't like Dark Funeral why post dipshit.

(.)(.)
01-24-2007, 02:27 PM
valo seems to be one of the few people who are intelligent with music. i myslef dont like death metal. im more into thrash and crossover. theres all types of music genres i dont like. the fact that they wear spikes and paint thier faces is fine, in fact i think the face paint is kinda cool cause theres something behind it. theres only one gener i can honestly say is shit and it starts with an r. not reggage.for all you people who dont like certain genres or images please dont bther insulting cause your music could be worse, or not make sense. for example the dude who said underaoth thing. its pointless, like me saying green day sucks its all about slayer. since were on this can someone please tell me how laffy taffy is simliar to an ass? on topic next time you go inviite me, ill be down, as long as the tickets arent expensive.

YourMom
01-24-2007, 03:08 PM
2. "They think they are all though because they can yell and play musical instruments", wow you sound like my parents. They never claimed to be tough, it's called art/entertainment, quit being a bitch.
3. Slayer sounds like shit now days, and Trivium write the most stupidest cliche crap ever, not worth even 1% the fame they have. Plus they(trivium) always say they are against metalcore, when they are one of the leading metalcore bands, and managed to brainwash themselves into believing they are thrash and the next Metallica. Ego fucks.
Haha too true. I remember seing a vid of Trivium getting piss thrown at them and they said something to effect of "if you don't like real Thrash Metal you can get the fuck out." Puh-lease

(.)(.)
01-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Haha too true. I remember seing a vid of Trivium getting piss thrown at them and they said something to effect of "if you don't like real Thrash Metal you can get the fuck out." Puh-lease

ahahaha trivium thrash.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-24-2007, 03:16 PM

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n46/whatdrivestheforce/mhcover.jpg

(.)(.)
01-24-2007, 03:19 PM
why does metal hammer always have the same bands featured?

01-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Your calling spikes gay when you listen to fag bands like underoath, who where girl pants and eyeliner? Your fucking stupid.

Hipocrit. I specifically named an album by the old underoath. I don't believe wore girls pants or eyeliner, many people here wear girls pant, I don't find a problem with that. http://www.myspace.com/underoathcotp , have a listen for yourself. Please do some research before you try to flame, it doesn't help me at all.

Valo Negroth
01-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Hipocrit. I specifically named an album by the old underoath. I don't believe wore girls pants or eyeliner, many people here wear girls pant, I don't find a problem with that. http://www.myspace.com/underoathcotp , have a listen for yourself. Please do some research before you try to flame, it doesn't help me at all.

Do you even know what hypocrite means? The only way hes a hypocrite is if he said in the past that underoath is a good band. For what I know is he hasn't ever said their a good band. So he can't be a hypocrite.

01-25-2007, 09:16 AM
He said I'm stupid and that the old underoath wears girls pants and eyeliner, the fact is that their totally the opposite...

(Valo Falcone)
01-25-2007, 02:54 PM
He said I'm stupid and that the old underoath wears girls pants and eyeliner, the fact is that their totally the opposite...

Still doesn't make him a hypocrite though.

Deathklaat
01-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Wow this thread really changed directions?

Skater_goth
01-26-2007, 03:24 AM
Dude my screen name is stupid yes I know.
yes they do claim to be tough by screaming and smashing around the stage like lunatics, i do not sound like your parents at all because i'm not a un knowing person yes I know it's an art/entertainment but they are conforming to it and trying to hard to be dark and grusome, I bet they just act tough because of there own problems built up inside.
I know slayer sounds like shit now a days but there classic shit was pretty good and trivium is good, it's not chiche crap because you don't like it, I hate rage against the machine and you don't hear me saying they can't sing and there a load of wannabe ***** i wouldn't say it because thats not nice to say and is not true. You know everything!! mr smarty pants.

01-26-2007, 06:16 AM
I think everyone hates Trivium because they're new stuff is comparable to Metallica. I like the old Trivium though.

habitat_under_vans
01-26-2007, 06:19 AM
no, i haven't heard of them, they sound sweet though.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-26-2007, 11:22 AM
yes they do claim to be tough by screaming and smashing around the stage like lunatics, i do not sound like your parents at all because i'm not a un knowing person yes I know it's an art/entertainment but they are conforming to it and trying to hard to be dark and grusome, I bet they just act tough because of there own problems built up inside.
I know slayer sounds like shit now a days but there classic shit was pretty good and trivium is good, it's not chiche crap because you don't like it, I hate rage against the machine and you don't hear me saying they can't sing and there a load of wannabe ***** i wouldn't say it because thats not nice to say and is not true. You know everything!! mr smarty pants.

How are they claiming to be tough by putting on good showmanship? Do you expect them to dress up in suits and stand still? You're a dumbass. Dark and grusome is part of their act, stupid fuck.

I can name a shitload of thrash bands who are way better than Slayer, even back in the day.

I didn't call it cliche crap because I don't like it, I call it crap because they ARE crap. They are posers who manage to convince stupid ignorant kids into thinking they are the next Metallica, when all they are is another shitty metalcore band. I am not even a huge RATM fan, so I don't know why you used that as an example.

Yeah I do know alot about music, why? Because I am not ignorant. I love music, therefore I study about it, and learn more about it, and build up my own mind and opinion about it. I don't turn on mtv and take their word for music and bands. It's called research it yourself.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-26-2007, 11:25 AM
I think everyone hates Trivium because they're new stuff is comparable to Metallica. I like the old Trivium though.

How is it comparable to Metallica? Does Trivium's music sound anything slightly the same sounding as Metallica? No.
Did Trivium start, or was even apart, of a revolution? If you actually knew your music, you wouldn't compare a shitty metalcore band to a band that was part of one of the best turning points in metal.

01-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Actually yeah Trivium does sound really similar to Metallica. Many people say so. I really listen to what sounds good to me, everyone has different taste. I don't really look into if they took part of any metal revolution. I don't know what your saying but I was just sharing an opinion.

Deathklaat
01-26-2007, 12:57 PM

Dude your good at assuming things... Dark Funeral dont act tough, they also dont smash around on stage..you tottaly dont understand the music what so ever. So stop acting like you do...

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Actually yeah Trivium does sound really similar to Metallica. Many people say so. I really listen to what sounds good to me, everyone has different taste. I don't really look into if they took part of any metal revolution. I don't know what your saying but I was just sharing an opinion.

You said Trivium was comparable to Metallica, which is bullshit on so many levels. Ok, so Matt decides to try and sound exactly like James because in his mind if Trivium rips Metallica's sound off, they'll become the next huge revolutionary metal band. Thats called being unoriginal. If someone needs to try and rip off another band's style, it's just proof that your band is shit and wont last long. I can see Trivium growing out of Metallica and then trying to go for the Slayer sound in another year. Trivium will go whereever fame, trends, and mtv tells them to. Trivium are followers, bands like Metallica were leaders. Therefore making Trivium completely uncomparable to Metallica(back in the day, anyways).

01-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Alright I kind of get what you are saying but how could this be true? Did Matt tell you this himself or did you read off some E-Mag. Honestly I would find it hard to believe that he could admit that. Even if what you say is true, it doesn't effect how the band actually sounds..

Skater_goth
01-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Lol this thread is confusing the fuck out of me. with everyones big speeches.
RATM was an example. MTV is not a suitable example because it plays one good song in 10000000. Dam and you seem to be on everyones ass for everything they say, I said something stupid so you post a giant speech, then another guy posts something stupid then you post a giant speech, then I say something stupid again and you write a huge speech, then the other guy says something stupid and your on his ass again writing a giant speech, theres just no stopping for you, sort of controlling this thread with your opinions and knowledgable thoughts which you have probably read off some random website .

GO-COMMANDO
01-27-2007, 06:48 AM
Alright I kind of get what you are saying but how could this be true? Did Matt tell you this himself or did you read off some E-Mag. Honestly I would find it hard to believe that he could admit that. Even if what you say is true, it doesn't effect how the band actually sounds..

No, you still don't understand, your an idiot. Matt doesent need to tell anyone cause it's odviouse that he's riping off of metallicas style, if you had any musical knowledge (which we all know you don't) you would see that. Also, of course it effects the way they sound, how the fuck wouldn't?

Rock_Rocks77
01-27-2007, 07:58 AM
man you guys are fucking fags, talking about "sarcofago" etc, wow real cool, a bunch of fags with make up with scary? sounding names. like i just dont get it it.

Deathklaat
01-27-2007, 08:43 AM
man you guys are fucking fags, talking about "sarcofago" etc, wow real cool, a bunch of fags with make up with scary? sounding names. like i just dont get it it.

Thats the problem with you, you just dont "get it"...

Rock_Rocks77
01-27-2007, 09:48 AM
so explain what the fucks so great about a bunch of fags dressing up like, whatever the fuck they think theyre dressing up as and signing about fucked up shit to sound cool and pretending they're somehow better and have a deeper understanding than everyone else.

GO-COMMANDO
01-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Or, you could explain why people like you, who I'm guessing are to bored with there own pointless lives that they have to argue with people over a message board about music that they don't like. Though, sence you asked, there is no real reason why people like music that deals with death, blood, satan, whatever, other then it just interests them. Kinda like how someone would like a horror movie. It's gross and gory but many people still watch them. Music would be boring if it was all just the same stuff over and over again, different types of music for different types of people.

YourMom
01-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Personally I like the agression of these guys (Sacrofago). I know their music doesn't sound highly sophisticated--they weren't the most skilled musicians--but they had energy, anger etc. You know, the whole emotion bit. And the lyrics, the outfit and all that are just their persona/(metal) culture. Meh, doesn't bother me. But the reason they did what they did had some meaning behind it. Metal is supposed to be counter-culture. Of course you're not going to "get it."

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-27-2007, 01:59 PM
RATM was an example. MTV is not a suitable example because it plays one good song in 10000000. Dam and you seem to be on everyones ass for everything they say, I said something stupid so you post a giant speech, then another guy posts something stupid then you post a giant speech, then I say something stupid again and you write a huge speech, then the other guy says something stupid and your on his ass again writing a giant speech, theres just no stopping for you, sort of controlling this thread with your opinions and knowledgable thoughts which you have probably read off some random website .

No I am just tired of all the fucking posers out there(you, being one). Metal is an important subject to me and I take it seriously, then when ignorant shit-fucks like you say shitty-ass things, it pisses me off.
I am not controling this thread, I am trying to get rid of all you fake fuckers. If you don't know shit about metal, don't criticize it, or try and say who's "real metal".

drowning_fish
01-27-2007, 02:26 PM
No I am just tired of all the fucking posers out there(you, being one). Metal is an important subject to me and I take it seriously, then when ignorant shit-fucks like you say shitty-ass things, it pisses me off.
I am not controling this thread, I am trying to get rid of all you fake fuckers. If you don't know shit about metal, don't criticize it, or try and say who's "real metal".

Pshh, everyone knows I'm real metal

Rock_Rocks77
01-28-2007, 07:23 AM
just realize that all the guys from all those bands, got their asses kicked every day in highschool.

YourMom
01-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Ho-hum *yawns*

Deathklaat
01-28-2007, 11:44 AM
so explain what the fucks so great about a bunch of fags dressing up like, whatever the fuck they think theyre dressing up as and signing about fucked up shit to sound cool and pretending they're somehow better and have a deeper understanding than everyone else.

No one said they think they have better understanding... its just personal prefference.. just cause we listen to stuff about dying and stuff dosent mean we like it cause of that... its hard to explane.. even if someone was able to explane you wouldent listen

Deathklaat
01-28-2007, 11:44 AM
just realize that all the guys from all those bands, got their asses kicked every day in highschool.

And how would you know?

Rock_Rocks77
01-28-2007, 11:47 AM
lets call it intuition.

Deathklaat
01-29-2007, 12:55 PM

Hes trying to explane so people like you can "understand" it

popwarmohawk666
01-29-2007, 03:01 PM
^The arguing has gone on long enough I do believe.
You yourself already said it was pointless trying to explain anything to these morons.
Which it is, I won't deny that.
Because they have little musical knowledge, and their opinions come off arrogantly.
I say like what you like, listen to what you want to listen to.
But don't post acting like you know everything about music from the beginning of time.
(This is directed to the morons, you know who you are)

Skater_goth
01-29-2007, 03:52 PM
^Am I a moron.
Yeah the argument is getting old, stop trying to make it start again deathklat.

popwarmohawk666
01-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Why don't you be the "bigger" person then.
And stop posting in this topic?

flipuk
01-30-2007, 02:53 AM
^Am I a moron.
Yeah the argument is getting old, stop trying to make it start again deathklat.
Consiering your name is sk8r_goth50, you're not a goth and your saying a band is scary and tihnk they are cool for doing what they and many other metal bands do, well :P

il let you decide ;)

and ive never heard em before so il check em out...Anyone they sound similar to?

RiseWithTheFallen.
02-20-2007, 07:13 PM
I Listen To Them All The Time!

ruckus.
02-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Seriously, if you don't listen to metal, why bother posting?

I like Dark Funeral, they've been growing on me lately. The first song I ever heard was Angel Flesh Impaled, and I thought "I'm not sure I like this." But eventually I started wanting to listen to it a lot.