PDA

View Full Version : Leftover Crack

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Any Leftover Crack fans here? My guitarist introduced me to their music last night(I've previously heard of the band, but never checked them out).

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
01-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Pre Fuck World Trade is the LoC I like. After that it was always the same killing cops crap. I enjoy their ska stuff. If you haven't heard the song Baby Punchers I'd say thats one of my favorite songs.
They're pretty much Choking Victim with less ska.

shiftyskater
01-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah, skacore is pretty cool. I'm more into reggae/dub now, though.

SoHereIAm
01-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Leftover Crack is the shit.

Stealing People's Mail
01-13-2007, 11:09 AM
i love all their stuff, but i think mediocre generica is the better cd.

GetWrecked77
01-13-2007, 11:20 AM
I used to like them a lot, but I can't stand them anymore. The Baby Punchers song sucked and World War 4 was even worse. I gave away their first 7" as well as Choking Victim's a few days ago.

But always remember this Choking Victim > Leftover Crack. InDK was really good too.

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
01-13-2007, 11:22 AM
I used to like them a lot, but I can't stand them anymore. The Baby Punchers song sucked and World War 4 was even worse. I gave away their first 7" as well as Choking Victim's a few days ago.

But always remember this Choking Victim > Leftover Crack. InDK was really good too.
Yea CV > LoC
I havent heard the WW4 song I love baby punchers because it actually has ska in it unlike most of their newer songs.
InDk was awesome and so was Morning Glory. and Morning Glory's Gang Control > LoC's Gang Control

I EAT BABIES
01-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Am I the only one who dosen't really like them? I can listen to them a little, but it dosen't take long for me to get sick as shit of the singers voice.

Klausfloride
01-13-2007, 12:47 PM
LOC sucks so bad, it saddens me. Although many problems with CV, atleast they brought something new and had a few good songs. And INDK is kind of cool, I like their cover of "Dust In the Wind", I love that song.

But I just can't listen to bands that have one song claiming "Fuck da state" then have another song praising collectivism. You can't have both!

dain84
01-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Any Leftover Crack fans here? My guitarist introduced me to their music last night(I've previously heard of the band, but never checked them out).
Ha, and you said you hated anything with elements of ska.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-14-2007, 10:04 PM

I know. I finally found a band I can be in agreement with over ska.

Mychemromance
01-14-2007, 10:05 PM
no

drowning_fish
01-14-2007, 10:12 PM

I still don't know why so many people hate ska haha... Everywhere I see something about ska, there's always someone that goes "Oh, I hate ska, but I like this band" or something like that... It's really wierd

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-14-2007, 10:37 PM
I still don't know why so many people hate ska haha... Everywhere I see something about ska, there's always someone that goes "Oh, I hate ska, but I like this band" or something like that... It's really wierd

It's the fact that Leftover Crack isn't a full-ska band. The huge reason why I dislike ska is the fact that I am not a fan of horn instruments, and I cant listen to a ska song without picturing dumbasses "skanking". It's the fact that LoC has so many differing hints of genres in their music.

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
01-14-2007, 10:38 PM
It's the fact that Leftover Crack isn't a full-ska band. The huge reason why I dislike ska is the fact that I am not a fan of horn instruments, and I cant listen to a ska song without picturing dumbasses "skanking". It's the fact that LoC has so many differing hints of genres in their music.
People are almost always skanking during LoC. Now you cant listen to them so HA

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-14-2007, 10:48 PM
People are almost always skanking during LoC. Now you cant listen to them so HA

I don't care what people at their shows do. There is more of a punk feel than a full ska feel to their music, thats why I can stand them more.

drowning_fish
01-14-2007, 10:53 PM
I don't care what people at their shows do. There is more of a punk feel than a full ska feel to their music, thats why I can stand them more.

You just said you can't listen to ska without imagining people skanking... Stoopid

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-14-2007, 11:07 PM
You just said you can't listen to ska without imagining people skanking... Stoopid

There is more of a punk feel than a full ska feel to their music, thats why I can stand them more.

Read my posts... stoopid.

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
01-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Which is true to most 3rd wave ska. But personally I prefer thought out ska music to idiotic Kill the cops we're athiest 666 loving coke heads

drowning_fish
01-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Read my posts... stoopid.

And The Casualties are punx too?

Hahahahaha, "Kill the cops we're athiest 666 loving coke heads"

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
01-14-2007, 11:20 PM
And The Casualties are punx too?

Hahahahaha, "Kill the cops we're athiest 666 loving coke heads"
I rather do enjoy my description of them. I give them once more chance with a new cd to gain me back as a fan but if its another 12 songs about athiesm and wanting to kill cops then im gonna fucking snap.
Another reason why Choking Victim was better the LoC they had more topics to sing about maybe not a whole lot more but enough to be better.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Which is true to most 3rd wave ska. But personally I prefer thought out ska music to idiotic Kill the cops we're athiest 666 loving coke heads

They wrote it because it's funny and they are being sarcastic. The problem with punk is that too many bands try to be serious and have a serious message and then avoid the basic idea of punk, which was "fuck it", and avoid humor and sarcasm. It's annoying.

The Casualties are a form of street punk, which is also punk, so I don't know why you posted that(drowning_fish)

drowning_fish
01-14-2007, 11:38 PM
I rather do enjoy my description of them. I give them once more chance with a new cd to gain me back as a fan but if its another 12 songs about athiesm and wanting to kill cops then im gonna fucking snap.
Another reason why Choking Victim was better the LoC they had more topics to sing about maybe not a whole lot more but enough to be better.

I've only heard "No Gods No Managers" and I liked it. Haven't heard much Leftover Crack though.

drowning_fish
01-14-2007, 11:40 PM
They wrote it because it's funny and they are being sarcastic. The problem with punk is that too many bands try to be serious and have a serious message and then avoid the basic idea of punk, which was "fuck it", and avoid humor and sarcasm. It's annoying.

The Casualties are a form of street punk, which is also punk, so I don't know why you posted that(drowning_fish)

I don't know, I just felt like it. And a lot of people actually take LoC songs seriously, which is much more annoying than nwhat you're talking about

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
01-14-2007, 11:42 PM

You think they're being sarcastic? You obviously know nothing about LoC then. They believe what they say they hold it true.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-14-2007, 11:44 PM
You think they're being sarcastic? You obviously know nothing about LoC then. They believe what they say they hold it true.

I'm sorry, but "Kill the cops we're athiest 666 loving coke heads" can't be something they take seriously.

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
01-14-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm sorry, but "Kill the cops we're athiest 666 loving coke heads" can't be something they take seriously.
You obviously didnt know them back when they had a website. When the majority of their songs is either A. about killing cops B. Shooting heroin or C. Being Athiest and then having it plastered over their site you tend to realise they are idiots.

fat_poser
01-15-2007, 01:58 AM

HAhahahaha....you need to spend more time in the actual music scene man.

I mean, you can only learn so much about punk rock without waking up to the police checking your pulse in a piss soaked alleyway in the middle of December in a hoody across the street from a venue which you later describe with a run-on sentence.

dain84
01-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Haha, Leftover Crack kicks ass, but the members of the band are retarded tru punx crackhead anarchists. Last night me and my crew were listenign to Fuck World Trade, and it gave us a tru punx spark. Jon and I ran up to someone's door, rang the doorbell and waited for them to open, and when they did we screamed "FUCK WORLD TRADE!!!" and ran back to the Jeep and drove off.

drowning_fish
01-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Haha, Leftover Crack kicks ass, but the members of the band are retarded tru punx crackhead anarchists.

You know, I was actually in Klamath Falls for like a day. It was sometime during summer

dain84
01-15-2007, 11:36 AM
You know, I was actually in Klamath Falls for like a day. It was sometime during summer
Srsly? Why?

HabitatSkater
01-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Fuck yeah. Leftover Crack kicks ass. Liked them as Choking Victim though.

dutch madman
01-15-2007, 11:43 AM
although i do prefer Choking Victim, Leftover Crack is nice to listen too, they hardly get old or anything, because there's quite some variation in the music, i like it.

Klausfloride
01-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Hahaha what silly billies.

LoC are not sarcastic, they really are athiest and drug addicts. Although they didn't squat as much as they said they did, they did did alittle and had scaibies. Infact the drummer just died like a year ago of a heroin overdose. And the satanism is for shock purposes.

And when RATM says he doesn't like horn, I can't help but picture some kid with blacked finger nails saying "Horns are for pussies dude, thier so no metal RAWR"

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-15-2007, 11:59 AM
And when RATM says he doesn't like horn, I can't help but picture some kid with blacked finger nails saying "Horns are for pussies dude, thier so no metal RAWR"

To bad I don't wear or even slightly enjoy people who wear black nail polish, and I don't compare ska bands to metal bands..

Stealing People's Mail
01-15-2007, 12:26 PM
LoC are not sarcastic, they really are athiest and drug addicts. Although they didn't squat as much as they said they did, they did did alittle and had scaibies. Infact the drummer just died like a year ago of a heroin overdose. And the satanism is for shock purposes.
this doesn't really matter, but i'm pretty sure their bassist isn't atheist (i think he's agnostic though, which is close enough) and doesn't drink or do drugs.

Vivica
01-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Honestly RATTM, Leftover Crack are as stupid as their songs are.
That being said, atleast they don't take shit from no-one etc...

They're saying what they think, and don't give a flying rats ass who they offend, which is fair enough really.
That being said, their songs are largely only popular due to their over the top content.

(And finally... i think Klausfloride's comment about death metal may have been linked to the rather metal aspects of Leftover Cracks music, for example the main riff in Homeo Apathy, if that's not metal i don't know what is.)

dain84
01-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Yeah, they have a bit of metal in the mix. Such as the first track on Fuck WOrld Trade. The first part is pretty fucking metal.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-15-2007, 12:57 PM
I think they are good. I am allowed to my own opinion about them. I simply wanted to know if anyone else liked them. If I like a band and their music, no one can change my own opinion I make up of them when I read about them. I don't care what they do on their personal time, as far as their MUSIC goes, I am a fan of them.

dain84
01-15-2007, 01:06 PM
I think they are good. I am allowed to my own opinion about them. I simply wanted to know if anyone else liked them. If I like a band and their music, no one can change my own opinion I make up of them when I read about them. I don't care what they do on their personal time, as far as their MUSIC goes, I am a fan of them.
Seconded. I hate their views and their stupid fucking act, but as a band I love them.

Klausfloride
01-15-2007, 01:26 PM
What the hell, I never said anything about LoC having anything to do with metal, i was just making an slanderous comment, jeez.

But they are drug addicted, dirty scabie infected, drunks. To bad all they sing about it crap and their songs aren't even good. Choking Victim new how to make a good song about absolute shirt. With the exception of "In My Grave", thats a good song in all aspects. First punk song i've heard that tells the negative aspects of being a non-beleiver.

Stealing People's Mail
01-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Seconded. I hate their views and their stupid fucking act, but as a band I love them.
thirded (is that a word?), except i love their views.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-15-2007, 03:27 PM
But they are drug addicted, dirty scabie infected, drunks. To bad all they sing about it crap and their songs aren't even good.

Since when was punk based on straightedge, sober, pefectionalists who sing about emotionally serious subjects that every single punk band before them sang about?

You have to respect their honestly, reguardless of how bluntly they put it.

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
01-15-2007, 03:36 PM
Honesty? They say the things they do to shock people not because theyre being "true". Theyve said almost the same things in every off shoot of CV.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Honesty? They say the things they do to shock people not because theyre being "true". Theyve said almost the same things in every off shoot of CV.

Hmmmmmm

Klausfloride
01-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Since when was punk based on straightedge, sober, pefectionalists who sing about emotionally serious subjects that every single punk band before them sang about?

You have to respect their honestly, reguardless of how bluntly they put it.

Sense 1988....high oooh! Haha

But seriously, I wasn't commenting their lyrics with that comment. I was reinforcing the fact that they're not sarcastic. They really do squat, they really do have scabies, they really are drug addicts, and they do all the cop killing and satanism jokes for shock value.

And I don't have to respect shit. And I don't not respect LoC, its just that they are a horrible band. CV atleast brough something new and interesting. Man why do i feel like i'm repeating mysefl....oh wait, I am.

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
01-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Hmmmmmm
I may have chose my words badly in both of those sentences. But the funny thing is I used to be like you. Thinking LoC are awesome. Until finally one day you realise that they are no different then any other band in the mainstream no matter how much they say they are. They make money off of shocking kids into thinking that if they like Leftover Crack then people will think they are bad ass. Maybe not all kids are like that but the majority are. Choking Victim said they set out to end punk ass ska bands that hit the mainstream but in the end they're no better. Their music has become more and more bland. Lyrics are apart of the music and to have 12 songs about basically the same cop hating crap you begin to wonder if they really are such a great band.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-15-2007, 04:53 PM
I may have chose my words badly in both of those sentences. But the funny thing is I used to be like you. Thinking LoC are awesome. Until finally one day you realise that they are no different then any other band in the mainstream no matter how much they say they are. They make money off of shocking kids into thinking that if they like Leftover Crack then people will think they are bad ass. Maybe not all kids are like that but the majority are. Choking Victim said they set out to end punk ass ska bands that hit the mainstream but in the end they're no better. Their music has become more and more bland. Lyrics are apart of the music and to have 12 songs about basically the same cop hating crap you begin to wonder if they really are such a great band.

By the term "used to", I hope you're not reffering to me being immature about my taste in punk. I simply enjoy their stuff, I love their variety of music. I don't know of too many "mainstream" bands who can pull off hints of punk, ska, and thrash, and then out of nowhere start playing something random and weird. It's just my taste in music. Yeah, punk is supposed to be shocking and have effect on people. If you are going to use "shocking people" as a way to justify bands sucking, you might as well call heavy metal a "shitty genre".

Klausfloride
01-15-2007, 04:56 PM
^^^^ Thats why the bass player and drummer of Choking Victem left to form INDK. And the remaining members formed LoC.

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
01-15-2007, 05:00 PM
By the term "used to", I hope you're not reffering to me being immature about my taste in punk. I simply enjoy their stuff, I love their variety of music. I don't know of too many "mainstream" bands who can pull off hints of punk, ska, and thrash, and then out of nowhere start playing something random and weird. It's just my taste in music. Yeah, punk is supposed to be shocking and have effect on people. If you are going to use "shocking people" as a way to justify bands sucking, you might as well call heavy metal a "shitty genre".
I say used to referring to the fact that I no longer like Leftover Crack. Punk is supposed to be shocking yet in choking victim they said they didnt want to be like all the other bands. Yet by only setting out to shock people by saying or doing idiotic things they become what they didnt want to be. I justify LoC sucking by them being unable it seems to write about anything that isnt against cops. I justify them sucking because they have to make an off shoot band just to say the same thing under a different name. Musically I like them. They have a solid bassist and guitarists. The drummer seems pretty good. But its too much to try to ignore their lyrics. If they had more variation in the lyrics instead of just their music then I might still like them like I used to.

and to Klaus I actually enjoy InDk. Have you ever read why they broke up? One reason was the bass player was too good to just play punk/pop punk.

Klausfloride
01-15-2007, 05:49 PM
I haven't listened or read much on them. I just new they broke up like the day after they recorded an album.

drowning_fish
01-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Srsly? Why?

We were going somewhere. I forgot where though...

In other news, has anyone heard of The Squirrel Nut Zippers? I found a discography by them and it's gewd.

DIME
01-15-2007, 08:11 PM
i like the son So You Wanna Be a Cop

GetWrecked77
01-15-2007, 08:11 PM
^^^^ Thats why the bass player and drummer of Choking Victem left to form INDK. And the remaining members formed LoC.

Ezra and Squirt went to start InDK while Sturgeon and Alec started up Leftover Crack.

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
01-15-2007, 08:29 PM
i like the son So You Wanna Be a Cop
I only recently found out that is a Morning Glory song like Gang Control is.

GetWrecked77
01-15-2007, 10:01 PM
By the way, Stockyard Stoics >>> LoC

jonnyflip122
01-17-2007, 05:46 PM
I've had a craving for new music for the past month or so because I've grown bored of the music I've been listening to. These dudes sound good, so I'm going to check them out. That's why i'm in the music forum in the first place. Thanks much.

jpharaoh69
01-17-2007, 08:02 PM
choking victim is definetely better. no gods/no managers was one sick album.

igrindtwinkies
01-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Choking victim was awesome. Leftover Crack is good.