PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever died?

LIQUID~VELVET
01-07-2007, 03:17 AM
just wondering, cos at the start of some skate videos they say that skating can lead to serious injury death, nut has anyone ever actully died?

DIME
01-07-2007, 03:47 AM
one kid did when he was practising his kickflips down a small set or something and another guy in whiterock did(he rode for Board Kennel and stuff)

blondy sk8
01-07-2007, 04:06 AM
how do u die doing a kickflip down a 3/4?
did he hit his hed an get `a tuma?

DIME
01-07-2007, 04:29 AM
he hit his head super hard and then his skateboard hit his head again really hard and he died in the hospital, same thing happend with the guy from Whiterock(i think his name was Dave) but he was skating a rail on a pyramid and slipped out or something then some other random kids skate hit him in the head and he died in the hospital.

blondy sk8
01-07-2007, 04:34 AM
he hit his head super hard and then his skateboard hit his head again really hard and he died in the hospital, same thing happend with the guy from Whiterock(i think his name was Dave) but he was skating a rail on a pyramid and slipped out or something then some other random kids skate hit him in the head and he died in the hospital.
at my skatepark like a year ago sum dumb skater was messing around ona bank. jus rolling his board down and off the 5ft kicker an it hit som blader in the hed. but he could still talk cus he was swearing at the skater with his head cracked open

ZumiezSkater95
01-07-2007, 08:31 AM
but he could still talk cus he was swearing at the skater with his head cracked open

lol,

but seriosuly i live in the woodlands texas and this one kid died on a skateboard and now they might close down like all the skateparks. and its really gay. but yeah were trying to rebel against them so soon itll be like a civil war lol... not rly

Cosmo
01-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Millions die every day, smoking is a big killer nowadays, so be careful

skateboardkid
01-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Yeah, i did once.

.Blackie.
01-07-2007, 09:02 AM
One of my moms friends' son died just skating down the sidewalk, fell on his head, went into a coma, and died.

C_Loco
01-07-2007, 11:24 AM
thats fucked up...its so easy to die u kids dont realize. like suriously u could die by tripping on ur shoelace and falling the wrong way, or u could be just skating down the sidewalk minding ur own business and WHAM< u get hit by a drunk driver or something. ive almost died hundreds if not thousands of times in just freak shit but i always seem to come out relatively unscathed. its obviously just not my time to go yet or else id be dead a long time ago

trew emerican
01-07-2007, 11:28 AM
^^^^I've had quite a few badass near death experiences myself.

I thought you were asking if e had ever died. I was going to say that I did last week, but not now. You ruined it!

lovetheheelflips
01-07-2007, 01:14 PM
WOW i think a lot of u guys are lying theres no way a kid died from skating by rolling down the side walk and fall and die

roflmacopter
01-07-2007, 01:18 PM
im sure some people ahve been skating down a hill gotten speed woble fell and gotten run over and died

I like kiwis
01-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Someone in my city died in the hospital, he ollied off city halls 12 set, hit a rock upon landing, and smacked his head on the concrete

theflip
01-07-2007, 01:22 PM
wow what a depressing thread. and ive never heard of someone dying on skateboard

DIME
01-07-2007, 01:23 PM
WOW i think a lot of u guys are lying theres no way a kid died from skating by rolling down the side walk and fall and die

whatever man believe what you want but my shits true, the movie Bastard of Life is dedicated to that Dave Guy and the other kid had a article about him in the newspaper a long time ago....

yeah i've had some close calls to...and not just with skateboarding. i was on a rollercoaster once and my seatbelt loosend up and when the cart went up the wave thing i got lifted about a foot and a half off the seat until my friend grabbed me in the air. ive also been hit by 2 trucks, a car, and a city bus when i was in Amsterdam

element_skater497
01-07-2007, 01:32 PM
whatever man believe what you want but my shits true, the movie Bastard of Life is dedicated to that Dave Guy and the other kid had a article about him in the newspaper a long time ago....

yeah i've had some close calls to...and not just with skateboarding. i was on a rollercoaster once and my seatbelt loosend up and when the cart went up the wave thing i got lifted about a foot and a half off the seat until my friend grabbed me in the air. ive also been hit by 2 trucks, a car, and a city bus when i was in Amsterdam

Wow that roller coaster thing would be really scary. I've come close to dying many times and im only 13.

SkaterForLife117
01-07-2007, 01:34 PM

How the hell does that happen?! Are you just like super unlucky or something?

skate zilla
01-07-2007, 01:38 PM
11 a year die

DIME
01-07-2007, 01:39 PM
the town i live in is built on a mountain so its all hills and i bomb hills like everyday in the summer and its gets really crazy sometimes cause cars will ignore stop signs thinking you can stop in time and shit....its always been bombing hills thats gotten me hit by cars except in Amsterdam, i was real young and small and i was crossing the street and the bus driver didnt see me or something and hit me and nearly ran me over

Skating Forever Even in Heaven
01-07-2007, 01:40 PM
just wondering, cos at the start of some skate videos they say that skating can lead to serious injury death, nut has anyone ever actully died?

Learn to spell

lipslide68
01-07-2007, 01:51 PM
arto saro got really messed up, he didn't die, but he almost did lol

skaterdaniel
01-07-2007, 02:15 PM
yeah unfortunatly there is footage on the net of a guy going for a 50-50 on a 12 set and locking up at the top... his head hits the pole and it split his head open all the way around the front of his forehead... it shows him bleed out on film and some sick cunt uploaded it

Skating Potato
01-07-2007, 02:18 PM
yeah unfortunatly there is footage on the net of a guy going for a 50-50 on a 12 set and locking up at the top... his head hits the pole and it split his head open all the way around the front of his forehead... it shows him bleed out on film and some sick cunt uploaded it

owwwwwwwwww, can you give the link?

skaterdaniel
01-07-2007, 02:19 PM
lmfao i knew someone would ask that... and i think i wont show the link... its really gory and its really disrespectful

SkaterForLife117
01-07-2007, 02:25 PM
arto saro got really messed up, he didn't die, but he almost did lol

I think I missed the funny...

roflmacopter
01-07-2007, 02:26 PM
A Bolinas man died of severe head injuries after falling from his skateboard in downtown Bolinas Friday afternoon. Friends said Sage McCollum, 28, was heading down Park Road while riding a longboard-style skateboard. A pickup truck, which was driving up the road, reportedly pulled to the side as it saw McCollum skating down the hill.

The Highway Patrol said that at 5:45 p.m. McCollum, in an attempt to maneuver around the stopped truck, lost control and tumbled off his skateboard. First on the scene, Bolinas firefighters packaged the fallen boarder in a stretcher and waited for a county fire department ambulance from Point Reyes Station to transport him to a safe helicopter landing zone.

"There wasn’t a lot we could do for him on scene," Bolinas Fire Chief Anita Tyrell-Brown told The Light. "He was alive but it was quite obvious that he had severe brain trauma – he was never conscious."

County firefighters drove McCollum to the Bolinas firehouse where a rescue helicopter picked him up, flying him to John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek. McCollum died at the hospital after attempts to revive him were unsuccessful.

"It was nobody’s fault, everybody was where they should be, there just isn’t much room [on the narrow street,]" Mimi Calpestri, McCollum’s grandmother, told The Light. "There was no daring involved. It was just one of those things. A lot of young men do what he did."

Highway Patrol Officer Jim Bonanno, who is investigating the crash, told The Light Wednesday he believes that McCollum never struck the truck nor was the driver at fault.

"It’s not definitive, but it’s looking like there was no contact with the vehicle," he said, adding that the CHP would most likely not cite anyone involved in the incident.

Death announcement

A memorial service will be held Saturday, June 4, for Bolinas resident Sage Eagle McCollum, who died last Saturday from head injuries sustained in a skateboarding accident in town.

At the time of his death he was working as carpenter with Peacock Designs. He was an accomplished swimmer, surfer, skateboarder, snowboarder, and soccer player.

Born in Stinson Beach on March 6, 1977, before moving to Bolinas last year he’d lived in Oregon, Colorado, Santa Cruz, San Rafael, and on the Hawaiian island of Kauai.

"Sage was very in tune to other people around him," his family noted. "He built bridges everywhere he went."

He is survived by his grandmother, Mimi Calpestri, mother, Sara Carpini; stepfather, John Carpini; father, Bill Buffalo; aunt, Angela Calpestri; brothers, Jesse McCollum; and David Polo; and his sisters, Rachel Polo; Violet Carpini; and Angela Carpini.

Friends are invited to gather at 9 a.m. on Saturday, to paddle in his honor from Bolinas Beach. A memorial service will be held at noon at the Bolinas Community Center.

Family members have suggested that any memorial contributions be made to a family fund payable to Tristen Lowry, c/o Fineline, PO Box 717, Bolinas, 94924.

I like kiwis
01-07-2007, 02:30 PM
WOW i think a lot of u guys are lying theres no way a kid died from skating by rolling down the side walk and fall and dieYou can eaisly die from hitting your head on concrete, even when you are just riding. You are still hitting an extremely hard object, and you are going at a considerable force, then you hit your head, cause internal head injury, which can lead to putting you into a coma, which you can die from if you don't awake.

sucka mothafcka stopper
01-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Damn, that story is depressing.

01-07-2007, 02:48 PM
I died from a skating accident.

Skating Potato
01-07-2007, 02:50 PM
lmfao i knew someone would ask that... and i think i wont show the link... its really gory and its really disrespectful

show me the link please (l)

Sk8t1415
01-07-2007, 03:01 PM
I saw a vid once of this guy going to try a boardslide or something on a 7 set rail he missed his foot and hit his stomach on the rail bounced off and fell like 4 feet down right on his head on the cement. There was so much bleeding externally and interally. He lost a foot of his large intestine, fractured his skull. broke his leg in 2 places and broke his arm and he lived

SkaterFreak
01-07-2007, 03:05 PM
its pretyty easy to die doing anything. its scary how easy it is to just keel over and die. if you just hit your head in the wrong spot you could just die like that.lots of people die every year in skateboarding. and actually less people die in skateboarding than in other sports. i saw it in some magazine or watever

canadian-skater
01-13-2007, 07:12 PM

did they halp him or call the ambulance?

JulioA
01-13-2007, 08:20 PM
I think more people have died from ripping the ganj then skating.

dark_sk8_666
01-13-2007, 08:43 PM
It's a serious issue, and trust me from my experience, it's all laughing and games but it happened to me and it's NOT funny when you die from skateboarding.

hanyo66
01-13-2007, 08:46 PM
It's a serious issue, and trust me from my experience, it's all laughing and games but it happened to me and it's NOT funny when you die from skateboarding.

dude, you're a stupid ass mother fucker. GOD is great, and you are an emo fag devil worshiper that needs to get a life

besides that queer^^^, if you watch FLIP SORRY, there is an animated section in Arto Saari's intro about what happened to him, and it said he almost died twice filming (I think it was twice but correct me if I'm wrong)

dark_sk8_666
01-13-2007, 08:49 PM
dude, you're a stupid ass mother fucker. GOD is great, and you are an emo fag devil worshiper that needs to get a life

yes, yes i am. And YOU my friend are an overzealous, cock-sucking, Jesus-fucking, coke-whore, ass-rimming, penis-loving motherfucker. Have a nice day =)

dark_sk8_666
01-13-2007, 08:50 PM
besides that queer^^^, if you watch FLIP SORRY, there is an animated section in Arto Saari's intro about what happened to him, and it said he almost died twice filming (I think it was twice but correct me if I'm wrong)

wow and this disproves what?

hanyo66
01-13-2007, 08:51 PM
yes, yes i am. And YOU my friend are an overzealous, cock-sucking, Jesus-fucking, coke-whore, ass-rimming, penis-loving motherfucker. Have a nice day =)

aw yeah you're bad. Go put a curse on me with your homey the devil. It's people like you that will eventually ruin the planet. I do enjoy being overzealous, but you can't even make any comments about my sexuality because you don't know me. I have a girlfriend, making me straight, and I also had sex with your mother last night.

wow and this disproves what?

what do you mean this disproves what, the main question was has anyone ever died, and I responded with what I knew

Peace out, I don't wanna hear it

dark_sk8_666
01-13-2007, 08:58 PM
aw yeah you're bad. Go put a curse on me with your homey the devil. It's people like you that will eventually ruin the planet. I do enjoy being overzealous, but you can't even make any comments about my sexuality because you don't know me. I have a girlfriend, making me straight, and I also had sex with your mother last night.

what do you mean this disproves what, the main question was has anyone ever died, and I responded with what I knew

Peace out, I don't wanna hear it

So if my homey is "the devil", who would that make your homey? And I am in a righteous position to make a comment about your sexuality, your mother has a tendency to yell out random comments about her sons sexual orientation when she's being fucked in the ass.

hanyo66
01-13-2007, 09:22 PM
So if my homey is "the devil", who would that make your homey? And I am in a righteous position to make a comment about your sexuality, your mother has a tendency to yell out random comments about her sons sexual orientation when she's being fucked in the ass.

I've met my arch nemesis

This won't be the last of me devil boy

sk8tingblind112
01-14-2007, 06:02 AM
a girl died in my town on a skateboard. her boyfriend was skating, and she wanted to try to role down this pretty big hill. so she stood on the board with her toes pointing forwards facing front, and went down the hill. hit a speed bump and died...

Kapow!
01-14-2007, 06:08 AM
On Genex theres a thing called Riders Vs. Sergeons, they are shown slams from skating, BMX, Skiing, Snowboarding and Mountain biking and they haved to say if they went to hospital what injury they had and how long they were out.

Any way there was this guy in Austrailia who had a mini-ramp in his backyard and he dropped in of and 8ft peice of wood. Any way he bails and he has no helmet on and his head hits the ground, and im not joking it bounces like 1ft off the bottom of the pipe. Not nice.

Kapow!
01-14-2007, 06:10 AM

Twat.

NoComplyOllie7Set
01-14-2007, 08:44 AM

Fag

mayfield_crew
01-14-2007, 08:54 AM
does anybody know, by chance, who that am for zero was in the extra scenes of new blood that did a nollie tre or something down a stair, then fell out into the street and got run over by a car?

mayfield_crew
01-14-2007, 08:58 AM
nevermind, ive found the part: sheldon meleshinski
heres the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCvoLU0CtXA
i think thats the way most skateboard-related deaths occur, people getting run over by cars after falling of their board, or getting hit by a car.

Levitate78
01-14-2007, 09:06 AM
nevermind, ive found the part: sheldon meleshinski
heres the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCvoLU0CtXA
i think thats the way most skateboard-related deaths occur, people getting run over by cars after falling of their board, or getting hit by a car.

it looked like it was his head that got hit

lil-man21
01-14-2007, 02:20 PM
danny way can jump the great wall of china, yet sum1 dies goin down the pavement normally, dnt make sense duz it?

ryensk8er
01-14-2007, 02:54 PM
i heard that some old pro skater died skating in a bowl...bowls are soo dangerous if u fall

vincent
01-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Faces of Death has tons of shit like that, like some guy who does a kf front blunt to neck break. pretty nasty. a lot of them involve cars or hitting your head though.
i guess if u wear a helmet and dont skate near roads, u should be fine :)
ul also be pretty gay

JUNIOR6886
01-14-2007, 05:06 PM
i heard that some old pro skater died skating in a bowl...bowls are soo dangerous if u fall

I heard about that one on an article.... he was an instructor trying to teach frontside 50-50's when he fell backwards on the bowl hitting his head and he died from the blow. He was wearing a helmet but he didnt strap it in and it fell off.....

every skater whos at least intermediate has close calls now and then. As long as your quick footed and respectful of your limits you're probably not gonna die

steelcitysk8n
01-14-2007, 05:36 PM
thats fucked up...its so easy to die u kids dont realize. like suriously u could die by tripping on ur shoelace and falling the wrong way, or u could be just skating down the sidewalk minding ur own business and WHAM< u get hit by a drunk driver or something. ive almost died hundreds if not thousands of times in just freak shit but i always seem to come out relatively unscathed. its obviously just not my time to go yet or else id be dead a long time ago

Are you sure you actually came that close to dying "hundreds if not thousands of times"?? Thats pretty crazy man

steelcitysk8n
01-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Wear your helmets kids!!

nwm141
01-14-2007, 05:45 PM
I think more people have died from ripping the ganj then skating.

???
you cant overdose on weed.

nwm141
01-14-2007, 05:46 PM
oh, and ed templeton broke his neck, so that was maybe close to killing him

sk8rkid388
01-14-2007, 05:51 PM
A kid close to i live was just skating and fell, then a dog came up to his head, started humping it, and the kid suffocated in the balls of the dog.

01-14-2007, 05:57 PM
A kid close to i live was just skating and fell, then a dog came up to his head, started humping it, and the kid suffocated in the balls of the dog.

That was unfunny. You are close to the gayest dumbass ever. I bet it was you that the dog was humping, only you didn't die.