PDA

View Full Version : What A Great Way to Wake Up

Schism
11-05-2006, 08:25 AM
So,
I wake up this morning to find out that my mom's boyfriend and also a very close friend of mine commited suicide. He was someone who you could talk to about anything, someone who was going to do good in the world. And he fucking killed himself, and why? Because of fucking drugs. And I'm not even gonna try to be tough, but I'm fucking in tears.

Say what you want, call me a pussy, sympathize, do anything.

::ninja::
11-05-2006, 08:25 AM
Bullshit.

Why even post this on a Skateboarding forum?

Hairy Johnson
11-05-2006, 08:28 AM
Thats super, I woke up and roasted a bowl than I had a chicken pot pie. Looks like my mornings are better.

Schism
11-05-2006, 08:29 AM
Bullshit.

There's an off-topic for a reason asshole.

almost_a_user_name
11-05-2006, 08:29 AM
dude that sucks, thats why i never touch drugs, i dont even take cold medicine cause of the crap it does to you, i cant imagine what it would be like if a friend of mine died

SkaterForLife117
11-05-2006, 08:30 AM
That sucks man, drugs have also killed a few of my close family members so I can understand what you're going through right now. I wish the best for you and your family.

Slapdown
11-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Actually, the best way to wake up is to have your dog be giving you a toothy blowjob because your morning glory resembles a doggy treat.

::ninja::
11-05-2006, 08:31 AM
There's an off-topic for a reason asshole.

Yeah sure, What do you expect from poeple? "Sob,Sob, heres some posi" No It dosent work that way, theres a %0.2 chance this happened, Stop being an attention whore.

I cant beleive some poeple are beleiving this story.

MullenSucks
11-05-2006, 08:32 AM
dude that sucks, thats why i never touch drugs, i dont even take cold medicine cause of the crap it does to you, i cant imagine what it would be like if a friend of mine died

Hahaahahhhhahaah. This idiot was going to kill himself whether or not he had ever taken drugs. If someone is stupid enough to end their own life, it will happen at some point, regardless of drugs or depression.

Hairy Johnson
11-05-2006, 08:32 AM

I respect you for not using drugs. Technically almost everything you consume is a drug. Cold medicine (dxm/dextromethorphan and diphendhydramine sp?) can fuck you up, its not fun, atleast I dont think it is. I smoke weed and occasionally do some other drugs, but I dont fuck with meth or crack.
Also what I think is ironic is anti-deppressants. People are put on them to try and get them out of deppression but alot of people on them kill themselves.

Slapdown
11-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Maybe you should have introduced your mothers boyfriend to skating. If you skate, and therefore you live, maybe if he skated, he'd still be alive too. Irony at its finest.

almost_a_user_name
11-05-2006, 08:38 AM
I respect you for not using drugs. Technically almost everything you consume is a drug. Cold medicine (dxm/dextromethorphan and diphendhydramine sp?) can fuck you up, its not fun, atleast I dont think it is. I smoke weed and occasionally do some other drugs, but I dont fuck with meth or crack.
Also what I think is ironic is anti-deppressants. People are put on them to try and get them out of deppression but alot of people on them kill themselves.

yeah seriously i took those when i was like 10 and felt like sh** till i was 13

sirRockalot
11-05-2006, 08:38 AM
hahahahaha comlpete bullshit if ur friend did die u wouldnt be on a forum u wud be with ur friends ur such a f*uking bullshiter

Let Fire Fall
11-05-2006, 08:51 AM
Bullshit.

Sometimes just telling somebody about it helps, even if it is random people on the net. Shut the hell up and get some fucking courtesy.

Let Fire Fall
11-05-2006, 08:53 AM
Hahaahahhhhahaah. This idiot was going to kill himself whether or not he had ever taken drugs. If someone is stupid enough to end their own life, it will happen at some point, regardless of drugs or depression.

Exactly. The drugs didn't cause him to kill himself. Only selfish bastards will kill themselves. It's not the cause of depression or drugs. If someone is willing to kill themselves, then they are just a selfish cunt.

Dirttaq
11-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Half of my family was in jail at one point because of drugs. The shit won't just fuck you up, it'll fuck up your family and everyone in it too.

I've never actually lost a family member to drugs though. But my mother wasn't the same person while she was on them. I didn't see her often so she might as well have been dead.

I do feel bad for you man. But you'll work through it.

-=MuTT=-
11-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Don't mind the other guys.

I'm really sorry to hear that.

d-ville skater
11-05-2006, 09:28 AM
id love to see all your (the assholes who've posted on this thread) someone they were close to kill themselves because of drugs. show some support faggots, like LFF said, it kind of does help just to get it out.

really sorry dude, hows your mom?

Skaterdude
11-05-2006, 09:34 AM

I partially agree with that. However, drugs can further influence suicide. Ecstasy for example has caused more suicides than almost any other drug. The reason for this is that when the drug is taken, hormones called serotonin are released at a very large rate. Serotonin is basically what signals your brain to make you feel happy.
After the effect of the drug wears off, however, every bit of your brain's serotonin hormones are completely used up, therefore a very deep depression sets in until your brain replenishes it's supply of serotonin.
This deep depression causes many suicides, so I wouldn't argue that it was his primary intention. I DO agree that it was stupid of him to take the drugs in the first place though.

V3
11-05-2006, 09:36 AM
he had to be in a mental state of mind, but im sorry that it happened, but life goes on

MullenSucks
11-05-2006, 09:40 AM
I partially agree with that. However, drugs can further influence suicide. Ecstasy for example has caused more suicides than almost any other drug. The reason for this is that when the drug is taken, hormones called serotonin are released at a very large rate. Serotonin is basically what signals your brain to make you feel happy.
After the effect of the drug wears off, however, every bit of your brain's serotonin hormones are completely used up, therefore a very deep depression sets in until your brain replenishes it's supply of serotonin.
This deep depression causes many suicides, so I wouldn't argue that it was his primary intention. I DO agree that it was stupid of him to take the drugs in the first place though.

You're pulling that out of your ass, there is no proven, undeniable link to this as fact.

Skaterdude
11-05-2006, 09:44 AM
You're pulling that out of your ass, there is no proven, undeniable link to this as fact.

I'm not pulling it out of my ass by any means.

http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/ecstasy.html

That basically proves everything I just said, but in a more complex way. Read through it, because the first few paragraphs already proved me correct.

EDIT:

Whoops, I didn't see the text in bold. No, I don't suppose it could be proven, but it's what i've at least heard.

MullenSucks
11-05-2006, 09:47 AM

That basically proves everything I just said, but in a more complex way. Read through it, because the first few paragraphs already proved me correct.

EDIT:

Whoops, I didn't see the text in bold. No, I don't suppose it could be proven, but it's what i've at least heard.

This is from the first few paragraphs of what you posted: "Research in animals indicates that MDMA is neurotoxic; whether or not this is also true in humans is currently an area of intense investigation."

atmboy136
11-05-2006, 09:48 AM
im very sorry to hear that, what was he on, anyway?

Hairy Johnson
11-05-2006, 09:48 AM

EDIT:

Studied by erowid- a reliable drug source- x rarely causes death, it quite possibly could have been mistaken with PMA a drug that resembles excstacy but can cause signifcantly different effects. PMA is often mistaken and sold as mdma and causes deaths, but rarely does mdma cause death. Mdma causing more suicide induced drug deaths? That is complete bullshit seeing as how anti deppressants do.

Skaterdude
11-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Studied by erowid- a reliable drug source- x rarely causes death, it quite possibly could have been mistaken with PMA a drug that resembles excstacy but can cause signifcantly different effects. PMA is often mistaken and sold as mdma and causes deaths, but rarely does mdma cause death. Mdma causing more suicide induced drug deaths? That is complete bullshit seeing as how anti deppressants do.

It isn't. Everything I posted was true for ecstasy, although it may be under different circumstances from which I originally thought. I learned practically all of this through TV shows that focused on drugs (such as on the Discovery Channel), and it's likely that I missed some other elements regarding the effects on the body.
What I DID pick up was:

Ecstasy - Serotonin skyrockets - Euphoria - Serotonin used up - Depression - Possible suicide

MullenSucks
11-05-2006, 10:07 AM
It isn't. Everything I posted was true for ecstasy, although it may be under different circumstances from which I originally thought. I learned practically all of this through TV shows that focused on drugs (such as on the Discovery Channel), and it's likely that I missed some other elements regarding the effects on the body.
What I DID pick up was:

Ecstasy - Serotonin skyrockets - Euphoria - Serotonin used up - Depression - Possible suicide

That last part isn't even right though, the sertonin doesn't get "used up", the bonding sites in your brain can (not will) get withered.

skater_cop
11-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Sorry to hear that. Just try and be strong and you'll get through it.

Skaterdude
11-05-2006, 10:21 AM
That last part isn't even right though, the sertonin doesn't get "used up", the bonding sites in your brain can (not will) get withered.

By "used up" I dont mean that it's just one big supply being continuously diminished. I know that serotonin regenerates itself, it just takes time to do so.

Valo Negroth
11-05-2006, 06:58 PM
I wake up to my stereo playing a song by Six Feet Under. I set it to play the song I want to hear the night before.

YourMom
11-05-2006, 07:02 PM
If it's not yourself that kills you, then it will eventually be the Ecstacy itself... there's really no difference either way, in the end.

MullenSucks
11-05-2006, 07:03 PM
If it's not yourself that kills you, then it will eventually be the Ecstacy itself... there's really no difference either way, in the end.

That's assuming you're addicted at all and cant control yourself once you realize your dying, which certainly wouldn't be the case for a lot of people.

star_skater
11-05-2006, 07:04 PM
So,
I wake up this morning to find out that my mom's boyfriend and also a very close friend of mine commited suicide. He was someone who you could talk to about anything, someone who was going to do good in the world. And he fucking killed himself, and why? Because of fucking drugs. And I'm not even gonna try to be tough, but I'm fucking in tears.

ahh man that sucks, sorry to *see* that

MullenSucks
11-05-2006, 07:07 PM
No, I don't assume that the person has to be addicted... though it is usually the case pertaining to deaths, anyway.

And stop telling me what I think, you filthy asshole.

Hahahahahaah, what a stupid bastard. "If it's not yourself that kills you, then it will eventually be the Ecstacy itself... there's really no difference either way, in the end." Except that putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger is a surefire thing, and taking E every once in awhile isn't going to kill you "without difference". And where did I once tell you "what you thought"?

YourMom
11-05-2006, 07:07 PM
That's assuming you're addicted at all and cant control yourself once you realize your dying, which certainly wouldn't be the case for a lot of people.
No, I don't think a person has to be addicted for them to die of any [type] of drug use. But yes, you'd be right it most cases.

shampoo
11-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Fuck man, condolences are yours.

Z3R0_SK8R_182
11-05-2006, 07:08 PM
god some people are dicks.

sorry to hear about the death

star_skater
11-05-2006, 07:09 PM
how could this thread possibly turn into an argument between people?

YourMom
11-05-2006, 07:10 PM
god some people are dicks.

sorry to hear about the death
Sadly not everyone can be as condecsending as you, *wink*

MullenSucks
11-05-2006, 07:12 PM
how could this thread possibly turn into an argument between people?

Do you not know what website you're on?

YourMom
11-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Do you not know what website you're on?
Prezactly. I was one of earliest instigators that made arguing so popular back in the early days...

MullenSucks
11-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Prezactly. I was one of earliest instigators that made arguing so popular back in the early days...

Hahhahaha, fully.

YourMom
11-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Damn I missed those days... fond memories they were

MullenSucks
11-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Damn I missed those days... fond memories they were

If sbc had a Golden Age, that was it.

YourMom
11-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Indeed. I think I'll bring back my Link theme just for nostalgic purposes

MaC-
11-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Bullshit.

i hope you die.

*tre flip to stardom*
11-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Ha, a couple of days ago you were the one saying "Oh I would curb stomp someone and end their life, no worries" but now you're in tears after the death of your mum's boyfriend and a close friend.. fuck you're a tough cunt aren't you?

Don't kid yourself mate, if you're sobbing over the death of your mum's boyfriend, how could you possibly end someone's life?

If it's all true, damn, people dying really sucks.

Like most people, some of my family members have died, it's not great but they're not coming back so just gotta deal with it.

Inevitably we were born to die anyway.

eatumsisadouche
11-05-2006, 09:34 PM
that sucks for you man
and for all the people saying bullshit and all, just shut up, you're assholes, a death isnt a laughing matter

himhkd
11-05-2006, 10:03 PM
So,

random
________
Honda GL1500A (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_GL1500A)

dutch madman
11-05-2006, 10:08 PM
sorry to read, but i'm actually curious, how did he do it?

kristian
11-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Maybe you should have introduced your mothers boyfriend to skating. If you skate, and therefore you live, maybe if he skated, he'd still be alive too. Irony at its finest.
haha.