PDA

View Full Version : Do emos really slit their wrists?

freedom skating_england
10-17-2006, 11:57 AM
Do emos really slit their wrists?

Necro
10-17-2006, 11:58 AM
alot of them do, but i do know some that dont.

freedom skating_england
10-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Vote then

Fallen2
10-17-2006, 12:02 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=moC-TXQJXTY

Kevo
10-17-2006, 12:04 PM
dunno
I'm sure some do, but it just fits in with the stereotype I suppose.

black_world_skater
10-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Yea.

And black people looooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeee Kool-Aid.

20thCB
10-17-2006, 12:35 PM
I swear emo threads should be banned.

freedom skating_england
10-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Why

freedom skating_england
10-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Huh? Punk? Huh?

shutupimbleeding
10-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Yea.

Let's no get that started.

N'hoj [V]
10-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Why
Because they're retarded and play into a stereotype.

And you're probably 12.
Jackass.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
10-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Emo was a term for hardcore punk. The people you are reffering to are idiots, plain and simple.

N'hoj [V]
10-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Emo essentially is any form of music with heartfelt and emotional lyrics.
So even if the most br00tal deathgrind band fronted by satan himself sang a song about love and losing his girlfriend, It'd be emo.

Learn yo shit.

It was never a term for hardcore punk.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
10-17-2006, 01:19 PM
;1103611"]Emo essentially is any form of music with heartfelt and emotional lyrics.
So even if the most br00tal deathgrind band fronted by satan himself sang a song about love and losing his girlfriend, It'd be emo.

Learn yo shit.

It was never a term for hardcore punk.

Wow, someone needs to do a little reseach. Fuckin dumbass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28music%29

N'hoj [V]
10-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Wow.
So if I register on wikipedia and post an article saying that cow shit is delicious and nutritious you'd buy into it and go eat some cow pies?

Do you even know what subgenre means?
Do you even know what real hardcore is?

WTFBBQSAUCE?!
10-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Wow, someone needs to do a little reseach. Fuckin dumbass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28music%29

Your trusting wikipedia?

N'hoj [V]
10-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Your trusting wikipedia?

Thank you.

I don't think he realizes that anyone can submit and/or edit any article on that site.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
10-17-2006, 01:36 PM
;1103660"]Thank you.

I don't think he realizes that anyone can submit and/or edit any article on that site.

So it automatically means its all fake?

It's a fact that emo was a term/subgenere for hardcore punk, I just had no other way of proving that to you.

Society/mainstream tells you emo is about generic music and cutting yourself, doesn't mean its true.

WTFBBQSAUCE?!
10-17-2006, 01:38 PM
So it automatically means its all fake?

It's a fact that emo was a term/subgenere for hardcore punk, I just had no other way of proving that to you.

Society/mainstream tells you emo is about generic music and cutting yourself, doesn't mean its true.

I never said it was ALL fake.

I'm saying that it was probably written by someone with no idea on the subject.

$0uL1CiTii*~
10-17-2006, 01:38 PM
;1103660"]Thank you.

Yeah but they have mods who approve the stuff you submit, and they did some test and wikipedia had less errors per page than the encyclopaedia brittanica...

Klausfloride
10-17-2006, 01:39 PM
I love Usurp Synapse and screamo, and that the only reason im posting.

But don't pay any attention to any type of stereotype at all, i don't even reconize the existences of labels. But alot of people cut their wrist, and its not laughing matter as self-mutilation is no joke.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
10-17-2006, 01:41 PM
I never said it was ALL fake.

I'm saying that it was probably written by someone with no idea on the subject.

But you have no proof of that.

No I don't trust wikipedia with everything, it was just the quickest refference to my point I could find. Do research anyone where about it and it'll tell you the same thing.

jez
10-17-2006, 01:56 PM
You all know jack shit. People who call themself emo are just attention whores. You can't even be emo, damnit. It's a music genre.

Vivica
10-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Put simply, anybody who doesn't choose the option i added is wrong :)

BlackWallStreetKilla
10-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Yea.

Fuck ya we do!

SkaSkate
10-17-2006, 02:54 PM
I've seen lots of cuts on gay little emo's wrists. They just get drunk and start gettin crayyyze with tha rayyyza' !

Valo Negroth
10-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Fuck ya we do!

Grape is number one man, then watermeleon and everyother flavor.

But as far as emos go not all of them cut their wrist cause their parents don't let them use knives unless under supervision.

star_skater
10-17-2006, 02:58 PM
who cares...

N'hoj [V]
10-17-2006, 03:59 PM
You all know jack shit. People who call themself emo are just attention whores. You can't even be emo, damnit. It's a music genre.

Emo is an abbreviation for EMOtional.
So you can be emo.

RollerCoaster
10-17-2006, 04:02 PM
yeah prolly..

Popwar Pill
10-17-2006, 04:06 PM
God, I have the fucking hiccups.

Water on Fire
10-17-2006, 04:15 PM
only on tuesdays.

JerseySucks
10-17-2006, 08:03 PM
few girls in my school did last year, because they liked this punk kid and he didnt like them and they were all wanna be punks. LOL. cut away emos!

freedom skating_england
10-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Are you gonna be fat fucking americans about this or are you gonna vote.

darkened_messiah
10-18-2006, 08:54 AM
idiotic emos say they cut but rarely do its just the latest thing or sumthin
when people do self-harm its not a laughing matter

And the Tears Will Fall
10-18-2006, 09:52 AM
alot of people cut their wrist, and its not laughing matter as self-mutilation is no joke.

alot cut the underside of their forearm..basicly it replaces emotional pain with physical...and it is hard to stop cutting after you have done it a couple of times..its like adictive if you know what i mean...what pisses me off is when people say shit about it and how gay it is when they havent ever done it...you cant possibly understand unless you have...other reasons are

When the level of emotional pressure becomes too high it acts as a safety valve - a way of relieving the tension
Cutting makes the blood take away the bad feelings
Pain can make someone feel more alive when feeling numb or dead inside
Punishing oneself relieves feelings of shame or guilt
When it's too difficult to talk to anyone, it's a form of communication about unhappiness - a way of acknowledging the need for help
Self-harm gives a sense of control when other parts of life may not.

And the Tears Will Fall
10-18-2006, 09:59 AM
also for some self-injurers this relief is primarily psychological whilst for others this feeling of relief comes from the beta endorphins released in the brain (the same chemicals responsible for the "runner's high"). These act to reduce tension and emotional distress and may lead to a feeling of calm.

Vivica
10-18-2006, 10:20 AM
Although i respect that you actually know what you're talking about ATWF (or atleast it seems that way), i have to disagree that people specifically cut their wrists for those reasons, i self harmed for around 5 years and the only things that ever appeared on my wrists were smilies, never cuts.

People saying that all people who self harm are just looking for attention are naive, and lacking a full understand of the issue. If this is the case, they should shut the fuck up and get an education about the matter.
A lot of people lack sufficient amounts of certain chemicals such as adrenaline, and thus under certain circumstances get depressed if they don't find a way of getting more of them (these people are often referred to as T Types for them in the know psychology wise).
A lot of people into extreme sports are T type people, and get their kick out of their sport, some people lack this ability, either because they're physically unable, socially unable, or have mental blocks due to conditions such as chronic depression etc.
This is why some people turn to self harm of one way or another, because when the body experiences the sort of pain you experience when cut or burnt its reaction is to release substances to help the body out, whether its to numb the pain or to get your heart beating fast, etc etc...

...This is the same thing that happens to your body when you're shocked or frightened, are eating chocolate (among other things), or having sex.
As i hope i've made clear, this is why some people do crazy things, and why some people comfort eat (in referance to the chocolate), as the neurohormonal chemicals associated with all the things i've mentioned are linked to the pleasure centers in the brain.

However alot has to be said for the theory that they get pleasure out of the fact they have control, i disagree, but that's only because i feel i know better than the psychologists with several degrees and years of education... :-!?
(i jest)

Having said all of that, in my experience people who cut their wrists are for the most part idiots, morons looking for attention, there are much better places to cut as far as suicide goes (if they're that way inclined), and there are much better places to cut as far as the release of dopamine and other neurohormonal chemicals goes as well.

Cutting your wrists has been made trendy by the 1,000's of bands who've followed the trend and written lyrics about self harm, based on 90's screamo bands such as Usurp Synapse, as mentioned in the poll.

Anybody who argues with the last paragraph is wrong, simple as that.

And the Tears Will Fall
10-18-2006, 10:28 AM
yes i agree those arent the only reasons...

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
10-18-2006, 10:32 AM
Are you gonna be fat fucking americans about this or are you gonna vote.

Due to this thread's large amount of ignorance, you are lucky it's even open.

kag123
10-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Having said all of that, in my experience people who cut their wrists are for the most part idiots, morons looking for attention, there are much better places to cut as far as suicide goes (if they're that way inclined), and there are much better places to cut as far as the release of dopamine and other neurohormonal chemicals goes as well.

Anybody who argues with the last paragraph is wrong, simple as that.

Exactly, this kid I know runs around telling people "this will be my last night on earth". He calls up this girl he likes and say's "I'm about to cut myself". The whole time people are trying to stop him from getting the knives, he's laughing. I sure don't think that sounds like someone on the verge of suicide, eh? The next day he shows me his cut marks and it looks like a cat barly sratched his arm. I can't stand it, he's a attetion whore.