PDA

View Full Version : No school til next week

kickflip4
10-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Yep. I have today off, as well as the rest of the week. We don't go back to school til October 23. This is because I live in Buffalo, and we had a terrible snow storm on thursday. Some of you probably heard about it on the news, but for those of you that didn't I'll tell you about it.

Well, it started snowing on Thursday the 12th. It was just light at the beginning and they said on the weather channel and radio it would only be an inch or two. It continued to snow until the next morning. When I woke up on friday the 13th, we had two feet of snow outside.

All of western NY was devastaed. A half million people were without power, and the streets were littered in trees, tree branches, and in some places powerlines and whole power poles. There was a driving ban in buffalo, and a state of emergency was declared in several cities and towns.

I was without power for 3 days. Our electricity shut off around 8 on thursday, and didn't come back on until 7:30 last night. Some people in other towns still don't have power, and won't until saturday.

Later I'll post some footage/pictures of the damage. It's pretty bad. Haha, except this one dickhead on the other street got his car crushed by a tree.

MaC-
10-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Lucky. and unlucky.

Zeroskater11
10-16-2006, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I heard about it, sucks pretty bad over there. We still haven't gotten any snow yet, but we probably will within the next 3 weeks.

shampoo
10-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Shit sucks, I know you'd rather be in school than dealing with this hardship. I used to live in Syracuse, so I know how the winter is. I think I have relatives in Buffalo. Anyways, my grandpa in Syracuse said they didn't get much snow there, maybe they lucked out. Buffalo's near one of the great lakes though, right?

kickflip4
10-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Shit sucks, I know you'd rather be in school than dealing with this hardship. I used to live in Syracuse, so I know how the winter is. I think I have relatives in Buffalo. Anyways, my grandpa in Syracuse said they didn't get much snow there, maybe they lucked out. Buffalo's near one of the great lakes though, right?

Yea. Right next to Lake Eire, and close to Lake Ontario.

shampoo
10-16-2006, 01:23 PM
Yea. Right next to Lake Eire, and close to Lake Ontario.

It's funny, I live in Tennessee now. Back in Syracuse, a foot of snow wouldn't even delay school sometimes.

Here, a fucking inch and the city prepares for a blizzard.

Well, I'ma goin' to work, later yall. Better start the tractor now I figures.

star_skater
10-16-2006, 02:13 PM
i get off this friday

half day wednesday and thursday.. but tomorrow is a full one.. :(

reptiskate52
10-16-2006, 02:16 PM
Yep. I have today off, as well as the rest of the week. We don't go back to school til October 23. This is because I live in Buffalo, and we had a terrible snow storm on thursday. Some of you probably heard about it on the news, but for those of you that didn't I'll tell you about it.

Well, it started snowing on Thursday the 12th. It was just light at the beginning and they said on the weather channel and radio it would only be an inch or two. It continued to snow until the next morning. When I woke up on friday the 13th, we had two feet of snow outside.

All of western NY was devastaed. A half million people were without power, and the streets were littered in trees, tree branches, and in some places powerlines and whole power poles. There was a driving ban in buffalo, and a state of emergency was declared in several cities and towns.

I was without power for 3 days. Our electricity shut off around 8 on thursday, and didn't come back on until 7:30 last night. Some people in other towns still don't have power, and won't until saturday.

Later I'll post some footage/pictures of the damage. It's pretty bad. Haha, except this one dickhead on the other street got his car crushed by a tree.
Yeah, my sister's friend lives out in Holly and she doen't have school. I heard that two people died in accidents and another got completely owned by a tree branch.
I live in Rochester and it just rained really hard.

kag123
10-16-2006, 02:29 PM
We got some some, but nothing like that. I'm in Michigan By the way.

B-B-Baker
10-16-2006, 02:31 PM
i didnt have school last week cause of fall break

kickflip4
10-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Yeah, my sister's friend lives out in Holly and she doen't have school. I heard that two people died in accidents and another got completely owned by a tree branch.
I live in Rochester and it just rained really hard.

Yea, that's right. One off duty trooper got in a head on accident with a tractor trailer, one person was hit by a car at night, and then the one person was owned by a falling tree branch. That would suck.....