PDA

View Full Version : Right when you thought music couldn't get any worse!

(Valo Falcone)
09-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Right when you though music couldn't get any worse then the crap mtv plays, I had to record my terrible voice on a new song.

Ive been recording with a girl that lives in Des Moines that I meet in a guitar shop, and we play in a two member band. I do guitars, bass, and vocals and she does drums, keyboards, and vocals. Are main influence is Ancient (http://www.ancientband.com) but I use more growls then they do.

Heres our only current song, we're working on more right now
This Lustful Night (http://media.putfile.com/This-lustfull-night)

Its long its 7:30 total, and its not the best one, its the orginal, but Ive been working on a new mix that is a lot better (finally I have audio tools on my computer, since I want to be a producer). I'll upload the newer one, once I get it uploaded (have to convert it from, .aup to .wma, then finally to .mp3.

BandagedSkater
09-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Why do you make such annoyingly long songs. They are pointless and you have so many uneeded additions.

Marevix
09-28-2006, 04:28 PM
If .aup stands for "Audacity project", you should be able to export the song as an mp3 file if you have an mp3 codec.

The vocals obviously sound a bit off, but I like the music. Hopefully the next mix will have altered audio levels, I can't hear the bass guitar at all.

(Valo Falcone)
09-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Why do you make such annoyingly long songs. They are pointless and you have so many uneeded additions.

Well they kind of music we play (I think its gothic) most of the songs are over 5 mins. I remember a while back I did a song that was almost 10 mins long. And we repeat the parts over to make it more hooky, if you hear Ancient's songs they do it alot, and since they influence us the most we play our music like they play theirs.

And yeah I have to download it to convert them to mp3s. and the edit I did today sounds professional.

leavemealone
09-28-2006, 06:53 PM
I love the drumming

(Valo Falcone)
09-29-2006, 06:08 AM

Ok I forgot to ask but what addition is unneed? I think you mean the high vocals, but I was just messing around and ended up loving them so I left them in.

kristian
09-29-2006, 01:50 PM
I don't know, i didn't really like it but that's because that music is not the kind im into. For the kind of music yo uwere trying to achieve i would imagine it would be good though.

however, the drumming was good.

Aero Zeppelin
09-29-2006, 10:19 PM
I actually listened to your band. It is horrible!! You can sing, the guitar has the same riff, and the drums just hits the drum set fast. Wat kind of skill is that??

Shit.

I Love AWS
09-29-2006, 10:27 PM
your drummer is damn good

skaterboy 100
09-29-2006, 10:35 PM
h

Cazstyles
09-30-2006, 05:49 AM
If it were clearer I would upload it on my ipod. You guys are really good.

Valo Negroth
09-30-2006, 06:41 AM
your drummer is damn good

LOL everyone says that, I agree she is a good drummer, but not as good as my other drummer Will.

I actually listened to your band. It is horrible!! You can sing, the guitar has the same riff, and the drums just hits the drum set fast. Wat kind of skill is that??

Shit.

I don't believe you listened to it, maybe a min but thats it.

Guitars have the same riff? You didn't listen to the whole thing if you say that. Its mostly the keyboard that plays. I counted at least 9 riff changes ahd 5 different guitar riffs.

The type of music we play is full of blast beats, the only time she plays fast on drums is really in the intro part of the song. She slows down at the talking part at aout 2:30 into the song. She just kepted the snare at the same pace. But at 4:30 she goes back to the intro on drums and keys. And again she plays the slowest at about 5:30, but then she picks up the bass drums again. Which is slow if you heard her really play.

And I would love to hear you say that druming takes no skill after you sit behind a full drum set playing double bass pedals, hi, open, and closed hats and playing snare all at the same time, while keeping the tempo the same rate. No really I would pay to see it!

If it were clearer I would upload it on my ipod. You guys are really good.

I have the master tape of it, and Im editing it right now. Its going to be better then the linked song. It will be louder, and you'll be able to hear the drums better. The delays and echo effect I added give the song a much need boost in effect all around. (And I added in a noise filter, thresh hold, and EQ. Im just glad I have a program that I can see and hear what its like to do some producing!)

leavemealone
09-30-2006, 07:23 AM
LOL everyone says that, I agree she is a good drummer, but not as good as my other drummer Will.

I don't believe you listened to it, maybe a min but thats it.

Guitars have the same riff? You didn't listen to the whole thing if you say that. Its mostly the keyboard that plays. I counted at least 9 riff changes ahd 5 different guitar riffs.

The type of music we play is full of blast beats, the only time she plays fast on drums is really in the intro part of the song. She slows down at the talking part at aout 2:30 into the song. She just kepted the snare at the same pace. But at 4:30 she goes back to the intro on drums and keys. And again she plays the slowest at about 5:30, but then she picks up the bass drums again. Which is slow if you heard her really play.

And I would love to hear you say that druming takes no skill after you sit behind a full drum set playing double bass pedals, hi, open, and closed hats and playing snare all at the same time, while keeping the tempo the same rate. No really I would pay to see it!

I have the master tape of it, and Im editing it right now. Its going to be better then the linked song. It will be louder, and you'll be able to hear the drums better. The delays and echo effect I added give the song a much need boost in effect all around. (And I added in a noise filter, thresh hold, and EQ. Im just glad I have a program that I can see and hear what its like to do some producing!)

PWNT!

Century Child
09-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Okay after a long day of downloading stuff off the internet (most of which I don't need at all!) heres the final (or latest) mix of the song. Far better then the old link. Its a lot louder and more clear.

http://media.putfile.com/remastered

Snake
09-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Valo you seem to be getting your stuff together

Valo Negroth
09-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Valo you seem to be getting your stuff together

Yeah, just doing what I can really. Improving on music and lyric writting on a wider scale then just death metal. And getting enough practice with music software when ever I can get my paws on.

To EVERYONE! Like the song or hate it, you have to admit, I did a damn good job on mastering it in an hour. Added bass boost, echos, amped it up, compressed it, noise filthered, and then smoothed it over with a warm eq.

A few more songs to do to get training and I should get a job in a studio by the time Im 23.

Gothic Romance
10-01-2006, 12:03 AM
Valo = woman getting raped (his high vocals) but that was a banging job on the master or remaster. I can hear the growls better, even though at the beginning of the song with the first vocals it made my speakers hum badly!
First one: D- (a lot of it was hard to hear and alot of the instruments were buried in the background)
New one: A- Still can't hear the bass man, or the bass drums in some parts.

Valo Negroth
10-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Like Vanilla Ice said "Back with a brand new invention"
A new song from The After Birth of God (same horrible band as the starting thread). Is already been mastered on my computer, and everything, we don't have a name yet so right now its just called Unknown 88-45 so try and enjoy it.

I should post up the band picture but Im in no mood to hear people's mouths right now.

http://media.putfile.com/Unknown-88-45

Gothic Romance
10-13-2006, 07:53 AM
That song is good but what happened to the drums man? But its nice to hear more from the female singer. But you should redo it and get some drums. Nice accustic work also, seeing that you do all the guitars I would have to say its an Ibanez like always right?

Kid_man
10-13-2006, 08:01 AM
Right when you though music couldn't get any worse then the crap mtv plays, I had to record my terrible voice on a new song.

Ive been recording with a girl that lives in Des Moines that I meet in a guitar shop, and we play in a two member band. I do guitars, bass, and vocals and she does drums, keyboards, and vocals. Are main influence is Ancient (http://www.ancientband.com) but I use more growls then they do.

Heres our only current song, we're working on more right now
This Lustful Night (http://media.putfile.com/This-lustfull-night)

Its long its 7:30 total, and its not the best one, its the orginal, but Ive been working on a new mix that is a lot better (finally I have audio tools on my computer, since I want to be a producer). I'll upload the newer one, once I get it uploaded (have to convert it from, .aup to .wma, then finally to .mp3.why is it 7:30 minutes long? thats just sort of wierd.................

Valo Negroth
10-21-2006, 09:21 AM
why is it 7:30 minutes long? thats just sort of wierd.................

We have no idea, we don't set time limits on it. Its actually longer, but we decided to cut it.

Popwar Pill
10-21-2006, 09:29 AM
I demand to see band pictars!!!

Valo Negroth
10-21-2006, 09:38 AM
I demand to see band pictars!!!

Band pictures, more coming later (http://www.myspace.com/theafterbirthofgod)

But Nikki joined and did drums on Lead You to Death, Amy did the drums on This Lust Filled Night.

Popwar Pill
10-21-2006, 09:44 AM
Haha, what the hell..it's just a picture of Nikki...get a picture of your ass (not literally) up there and same with that Amy character.

Valo Negroth
10-21-2006, 09:47 AM
So you can only see on picture?
If so here
Amy
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g47/blind_and_cagged/18265017-132378.jpg
Me (note: I was watching Stroker and Hooch)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g47/blind_and_cagged/Picture012-1.jpg

bdc666666
10-21-2006, 12:21 PM
music died for me when i saw paris hilton singing