PDA

View Full Version : Freestyle tip tricks

skate and destroy
09-04-2006, 06:38 AM
This site should make a freestyle flatground trick tips section. I'm really into that and Rodney Mullen is my favorite skater. What do you guys think?

shampoo
09-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Some people think homosexual adults are raised gay from childhood. Freestyle trick tips are a perfect example.

cracker
09-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Some people think homosexual adults are raised gay from childhood. Freestyle trick tips are a perfect example.

wtf People can skate how ever they want you dumb fuck so dont contradict other people.

And if you want to learn freestyle tricks just look at mullen vids the basi stuff is pop go stick, priom and casper tricks

oopmahs
09-04-2006, 07:58 PM
wtf People can skate how ever they want you dumb fuck so dont contradict other people.

And if you want to learn freestyle tricks just look at mullen vids the basi stuff is pop go stick, priom and casper tricks

People can skate however they want, yes. Sadly, 99% of the kids skating free style are pathetic and can't technically be labled as skaters. The ones that don't suck can continue skating as they please.

drizzle
09-05-2006, 03:47 AM
no one skates enough freestyle on this site for there to be trick tips.

most of what mullen does is just street with VERY complex freestyle. i doubt you could land anything he does.

<insert name here>
09-05-2006, 07:58 AM
Just go on Bobs trick tips(http://sport.jdmag.net/site/Skateboarding/index-2-60-777-0-0-.html)

Without it i could never have done caspers but i stilll suck at them

Picc84
09-05-2006, 11:33 AM
Yes, it would be cool as a subforum, but i doubt there are enough members on this site that does freestyle that well, just like oopmahs stated, half the people that do freestyle, realy do suck and cant evan skate that well... and for the rest of us... well there just is not enough of us...

skate and destroy
09-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Well I'm pretty good at freestyle and I fall into the actual skater category becasue I do real tricks and not just all freestyle.

drizzle
09-05-2006, 12:35 PM
skaterscafe has a freestyle forum

Picc84
09-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Thats grate, is this Skaterscafe?

drizzle
09-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Yes.

Picc84
09-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Smartass. back on topic

riskitforabiscuit
09-05-2006, 10:02 PM
It isn't skateboarding, freestyle is basically ballet on a piece of wood.

drizzle
09-06-2006, 06:06 PM
It isn't skateboarding, freestyle is basically ballet on a piece of wood.

freestyle gave birth to all other skating.

freestyle came before bowls and street, and any other type of skating.

you obviously havnt seen any freestyle vids that have been made recently. it's really technical stuff. 360 flips to pogos, no ballerina could do that.

off_duty_snowboarder
09-06-2006, 06:22 PM
not enough members

black_world_skater
09-06-2006, 06:47 PM
It isn't skateboarding, freestyle is basically ballet on a piece of wood.You think Mullen wears tights under his jeans?

riskitforabiscuit
09-06-2006, 10:19 PM
freestyle gave birth to all other skating.

freestyle came before bowls and street, and any other type of skating.

you obviously havnt seen any freestyle vids that have been made recently. it's really technical stuff. 360 flips to pogos, no ballerina could do that.
You are missing the point. It doesn't take any balls to do a 360 flip to pogo. Skateboarding isn't about who can spin around the most number of times or flipping the board around a thousand times while moving the speed of an ant on flat concrete. Freestyle is for pussies.

just_bring_it_uk
09-07-2006, 11:37 AM
This site should make a freestyle flatground trick tips section. I'm really into that and Rodney Mullen is my favorite skater. What do you guys think?
Nah man, when you go to the trick tips forum that is meant for the majority of all skateboard tricks, freestyle, street, vert, whatever. Its just not alot of people on this forum are into vert or freestyle so people never really ask, help for vert, freestyle tips. I guess if you want help with freestyle tricks just ask in the trick tips forum and that goes for the rest of you guys. Hell maybe I am wrong maybe there are alot of people on this forum that are into that whole freestyle thing, but just do what I said there is no need for another forum, if anything you could probley ask a admin for a sub forum for freestyle trick tips but I doubt that would even happen.

Ynot
09-07-2006, 11:59 AM
You are missing the point. It doesn't take any balls to do a 360 flip to pogo. Skateboarding isn't about who can spin around the most number of times or flipping the board around a thousand times while moving the speed of an ant on flat concrete. Freestyle is for pussies.
who are you to tell people what skateboarding is? you're not the boss of anyone. skateboarding is what you make it, whether it's riding down the street or doing tres down the biggest set you can find. anything done with a skateboard is skateboarding.

Shredcentral
09-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Skateboarding isn't about flipping sets and going fast all the time

edit: nvm stupid post

skate and destroy
09-07-2006, 05:02 PM

Ynot is right. Skateboarding is whatever you make it. You can have opinions about different skateboarders if they can skate or if there posers or whatever but don't ever say that a style of skating sucks. Vert, Street, Freestyle are the basic styles and even though freestyle is rare, it made what skating is today. Rodney Mullen, in my eyes, is the greatest skateboarder that ever entered the sport. He invented just about every trick you can do. Don't say Freestyle sucks because "it's not really skating" or because your not ollieing stairs or what not.

Look at the video at the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcbCCFb0zXI

How can you not say that looks cool. If your opinion doesn't change after looking at that, you don't respect skateboarding the way that most people do.

drizzle
09-07-2006, 05:21 PM
^^^that is a bad example of what freestyling is toady

this is real freestyle. definitley more pure than mullen. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_HOV4tK6X4)

by the way, click the link.

tommy harward is a pro freestyler, by the way.

skate and destroy
09-07-2006, 05:55 PM
My bad, I didn't really notice how much grinding Mullen does in that video. That video is a much better example. But still, Mullen is the best skater to me he invented just about all the freestyle moves.

skate and destroy
09-07-2006, 06:02 PM
I never thought I would see a handstand pogo! That made my day. Thank you.

FKBOO
09-14-2006, 09:55 AM
I just can't believe how skating is becoming to some peoples , it seems so important for some peoples to tell that, oh! that style is gay , that sucked .....

what the hell , I mean do you really lose some sleep ove that ? Who cares if peoples want to skate freestyle street ramps or mixe freestyle and street .

I personally love freestyle and street I dont really skate vert or mini but I respect that alot and I love to watch it . thinking of it , ollie was a freestyle move that mullen did in freestyle comp and it was a big deal at that time same that with the kickflip , you can't denied that they are at the base of all freestyle moves !

I already posted that vid here sorry for those who already saw it but that is what I do , I like doing it and if some people hate me because of the way I am using my board than its sad but I wont loose some sleep about ! thanks here's the link .

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Inkg_Au4hEs

almostthere25
09-14-2006, 12:02 PM
yeah freestyle is ok, but real skaters don't skate freestyle.

drizzle
09-14-2006, 04:57 PM

fuck you, and enjoy the neg rep.

thats like saying real skaters dont do slalom skateboarding, which duane peters does. and duane peters is the most "real" skateboarder of us all.

so, i say this again, fuck you grom poser n00b.

fulltimeskater
09-14-2006, 05:14 PM
rodney mullen isnt real? man your retarded

mysteryskaterkickflip
09-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Ha....ha.....you know nothing of skateboarding.

hipposcantskate
09-14-2006, 06:33 PM
I just can't believe how skating is becoming to some peoples , it seems so important for some peoples to tell that, oh! that style is gay , that sucked .....

what the hell , I mean do you really lose some sleep ove that ? Who cares if peoples want to skate freestyle street ramps or mixe freestyle and street .

I personally love freestyle and street I dont really skate vert or mini but I respect that alot and I love to watch it . thinking of it , ollie was a freestyle move that mullen did in freestyle comp and it was a big deal at that time same that with the kickflip , you can't denied that they are at the base of all freestyle moves !

I already posted that vid here sorry for those who already saw it but that is what I do , I like doing it and if some people hate me because of the way I am using my board than its sad but I wont loose some sleep about ! thanks here's the link .

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Inkg_Au4hEs

good god, if that is you, you are by far one of the best freestyle riders i have ever seen in my life....

drizzle
09-14-2006, 07:01 PM
no, that's not him.

that video has been posted a billion times here.

riskitforabiscuit
09-20-2006, 03:06 AM
Freestyle is for wusses who can't drop in vert.

FKBOO
09-25-2006, 11:48 AM
I can't believe that , I mean , its just another style of skateboarding , another path that some peoples takes. freestyle is for wusse's who can't drop vert ??? what those that mean , those it mean that all the skaters that can't do something that you think that they should do are not real skaters. What makes people real skateboarder is those who respect the whole sport and do what they think is fun and challenging for them even if that means dropping a sidewalk curb .

anyway nice topic !

peace

skateboardkid
09-25-2006, 11:51 AM
no, that's not him.

that video has been posted a billion times here.

It is him. He posted a video before, did some of those tricks, and said his sbc name.

windanseabeach420
09-25-2006, 01:43 PM
skateboarding expands in different areas of skating like vert, rails, freestyle and etc
if you just skate. suck or not
your still a skater
people talk so much shit about freestyle but at the same time they can't do any freestyle. why is that well because freestyle isn't easy
if you think skating is about kickflipping 15 stairs or doing s smith grind down el toro
you are a ignorant piece of shit then
any trick done on a skateboard is still skateboarding. some skaters want do rails and others want to do freestyle. it's still skateboarding. no matter how you look at it.
freestyle is hard. that and everything with skating like vert aND ALL
stop saying freestyle is gay or w/e b/s because thats just making you be a faggot

surfrideskater
10-01-2006, 11:42 AM
hey assholes theres nothing wrong with freestyle.
Rodney mullen is one of my fav skaters and i learned
primos and caspers and one wheel pivots [i can do 540 pivot on one wheel] like him and stuff by i can also do the basic shit like flip tricks and stairs

yes freestyle skaters can be labeled as "skaters" [who wants to be labeled ne ways??] b/c most dont just freestyle.

Trick tips for freestlye is a great idea. I had trouble learning how to do some freestyle. I am trying to figure out pop shovit 180's like rodney mullen but there is no tips on the net for it and he does them way way 2fast.

Skating Forever Even in Heaven
10-01-2006, 11:45 AM
what mullen does is hard as shit to do
and yes not many people here do technical skating

EsKoston6
10-01-2006, 04:45 PM
your a fucking pussy for saying freestyle is for pussy's. i'd like to see you do some shit off tables and shit not just roll around your board and say you did something and you didnt. All you did was roll up and roll down.

riskitforabiscuit
10-02-2006, 02:54 AM
All skaters who have been riding for a few months see Rodney Mullen and think freestyle is the greatest thing ever. Rodney Mullen isn't strictly freestyle at all. He incorporates tables, benches, manual pads and more. True freestyle is choreographed to music (competitively), consisted mainly of technical tricks whilst hardly even moving on flat concrete. All this died out a long time ago. Over time you will realise that freestyle gets incredibly repetitive and boring. I honestly don't give a fuck if you can spin around 100 times on one wheel. You may as well not even have wheels on your board if you are just going to do incredibly technical tricks on flat concrete while hardly even moving.

drizzle
10-02-2006, 04:02 AM
mullen doesnt exacly do "freestyle", more like "freestyle incorperated with technical street skating"

dark_sk8_666
10-10-2006, 10:03 AM

^^^^ agreed

drizzle
10-10-2006, 12:32 PM
www.bobstricktips.com

Ghost
10-10-2006, 01:02 PM
mullen doesnt exacly do "freestyle", more like "freestyle incorperated with technical street skating"

u basically just said wat risk it said but shorter. anyways i dont like freestyle, i would rather see someone kickflip a 5 stair than watch someone do freestyle going really slow hardly even moving.

izzymbaby
04-13-2007, 07:32 PM
why does everyone hate on freestyling its just a genre of skating

drizzle
04-13-2007, 08:34 PM
hahhahahaha, fkboo really IS Frank... well I'll be damned.

imposter23
04-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Dear almostthere23,
I'm gonna Find your i.p address hunt you down fuck your mom and make your dad masturbate to the video we made and after your moms pussy is wet and stretch out for the big cock that I have.while your dads masturbating and your moms hitting that marijuana I gave her for the pain I'll get my shotgun and fuckin kill you fucking prick.

Jk p.s dont player hate.

Roboman
04-14-2007, 03:44 AM
Dear almostthere23,
I'm gonna Find your i.p address hunt you down fuck your mom and make your dad masturbate to the video we made and after your moms pussy is wet and stretch out for the big cock that I have.while your dads masturbating and your moms hitting that marijuana I gave her for the pain I'll get my shotgun and fuckin kill you fucking prick.

Jk p.s dont player hate.

Wait...is that Danny Gonzales in your sig? If it is, then is that new footage because I dont remember seeing it in Opinion or Deconstruction...