PDA

View Full Version : Slayer

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
08-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Well they posted the new album on their myspace at www.myspace.com/slayer

I fuckin hate it. The music kinda ok, but Tom's vocals is almost equal to James Hetfeild's in shittiness.

YourMom
08-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Heh, I downloaded a promo copy 2 weeks ago. Seriously though, Tom Araya needs to shut the hell up. The vocals aren't too great, and the lyrics are getting way old. We all know you're Catholic, just cut the crap already. The music itself is decent, verging on being good at times. But it's boring the rest of the time. Oh, and the solos get very annoying.

Anyway, some news about the CD cover:
Slayer have released an alternate cover for their upcoming 'Christ Illusion' album. The original cover caused controversy as it showed Jesus with his limbs cut off, floating in a river of blood and dead people. So a less graphic cover has been released as an alternative.

You can view the alternative cover here (http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/BlabberPhotos/Miscellaneous/?action=view&current=slayer_christ_alternate.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch2). Source (http://www.metalstorm.ee/events/news_comments.php?news_id=2931)

usuckhugeonez
08-06-2006, 01:29 PM
i depise every slayer album after God Hates Us All, but they are one of my favorite bands. im soo into their old stuff right now.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
08-06-2006, 01:32 PM
God Hate's Us All sucks too. If not worse.

usuckhugeonez
08-06-2006, 01:36 PM
God Hate's Us All sucks too. If not worse.meh i dont mind it... but i downloaded Christ Illusion and i wanted to cry.

Marevix
08-06-2006, 01:45 PM
I agree with Araya's vocals getting raped, but I like the album (so far, I'm on track two).

jesuscutsmylawn
08-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Seriously though, Tom Araya needs to shut the hell up. The vocals aren't too great, and the lyrics are getting way old. We all know you're Catholic, just cut the crap already.

kerry king and jeff hanneman write most of the stuff.

indy
08-06-2006, 03:47 PM
no offense but slayer has always sucked to me and james hetfield frikin rocks!

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
08-06-2006, 03:55 PM
no offense but slayer has always sucked to me and james hetfield frikin rocks!

Wait a couple more years and you'll be beating yourself up for what you just said.

YourMom
08-06-2006, 07:17 PM
kerry king and jeff hanneman write most of the stuff.
I don't care, they both know about Tom and his religious beliefs. And still, it's his image that's on the line since he's the one actually singing it. It's lame as hell to be actively worshipping God while singing:
"I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan"
("Skeleton Cross")

Skaterdude
08-07-2006, 03:13 PM
I don't really like it...I stay in the age of "Raining Blood"
:)

skateboardkid
08-07-2006, 03:16 PM
theyre done, his vocals are awful, the music is not bad.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
08-07-2006, 03:22 PM
I don't care, they both know about Tom and his religious beliefs. And still, it's his image that's on the line since he's the one actually singing it. It's lame as hell to be actively worshipping God while singing:
"I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan"
("Skeleton Cross")

How is he worshiping God by saying "Hail Satan"?

Skaterdude
08-07-2006, 04:25 PM
word

iplaydrums
08-07-2006, 04:59 PM
How well would metal work out if they were worshipping god in their lyrics?

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
08-07-2006, 05:50 PM

What the hell did that have to do with what I just said?

YourMom
08-07-2006, 05:58 PM
My point exactly... he's a douche

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
08-07-2006, 06:26 PM
My point exactly... he's a douche

Yeah, he contradicts himself with music.

In his interview he says God is love and peace, then in his songs he says its a brainwashing cult and stuff. It's just stupid.

I know most of it is an act and they don't even believe half of what they sing, but its still stupid to have to contradict themselves everytime they play music.

iplaydrums
08-08-2006, 12:23 PM
What the hell did that have to do with what I just said?
I'm not sure, I was tired.

jesuscutsmylawn
08-08-2006, 09:49 PM

im sure a power metal band could pull it off.

Fistful of Satan
08-09-2006, 09:48 AM
so could a metalcore band..... but there not real metal anyway.

YourMom
08-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Hehe, Power Metal with God-worshipping lyrics... that would be too funny to bear.

Marevix
08-09-2006, 07:10 PM
I've had people laugh when I play Dragonforce before. What would they call that, "righteous metal"?

skateboardkid
08-09-2006, 07:11 PM
I've had people laugh when I play Dragonforce before. What would they call that, "righteous metal"?
i decided to give them a listen, at first it sounded weird but its growing on me.

Ynot
08-09-2006, 07:13 PM
hmm...i've only heard the songs "Cult" and "Jihad", but by what's been said, i might not get the cd.

Marevix
08-09-2006, 07:27 PM
i decided to give them a listen, at first it sounded weird but its growing on me.

That was the same with a friend of mine, but he goes nuts over Sonic Firestorm now. Another friend of mine cannot stand Dragonforce, and refuses to tell me why. The conversation usually went like this:

Me: I'ma play some Dragonforce.
Him: Fuck Dragonforce, they suck.
Me: What? Dragonforce is the shiznittle, man! *Plays My Spirit Will Go On*
Him: God damn, turn that off.
Me: What's wrong with it?
Him: It sucks.
Me: How?
Him: I don't like it.
Me: Dragonforce doesn't suck because you don't like them. They have amazing vocals, instrumental work, and songwriting.
Him: They still suck.

Then, I play Children of Bodom and he calls it "techno metal", at which point he goes off to watch Korn and Slipknot music videos.

Ynot
08-09-2006, 07:34 PM
that's funny in a way.

skateboardkid
08-09-2006, 07:35 PM
i guess some people cant take change, the vocals are unique, which is good, much better than mainstream korn and slipknot vocals.

(Valo Falcone)
08-17-2006, 11:49 AM
http://www.pseudoplasma.com/images/slayer.jpg

Are they getting to old to rise the horns? Well all the old cds were great I guess they had to have at least one band one.