PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: All metal fans!!!!!!

unclemole
08-05-2006, 05:26 PM
sorry about that lol. didnt see the music part.

for those who like... trivium, killswitch, lamb of god, as i lay dying, arch enemy, children of bodom, god forbid, unearth... and so on

i hate to whore myself out... but im really trying to spread the word on my band. check us out... add us... comment. download the songs... just help a brutha out!!! dont flame. just looking for some fans.

Sam

http://www.myspace.com/godsbanemusic

Professional Asshole
08-05-2006, 06:48 PM
your music is ok, even tho im not a fan of metal, or screamo, but dude, who ever hte lead singer is, cant sing or scream, i sugguest you switch vocals, maybe have the bass player do vocals if the LG does vocals, or have BUG do vocals if eitehr one of them cnat do it,

just basically find out who can sing the best because the lead singer sucks currently

EDIT: my favorite is the "one time" song

ZeroSkater1235
08-06-2006, 12:32 AM
vocals suck otherwise it was ok

Century Child
08-06-2006, 03:52 AM
I don't find that metal. Sorry. Far from what my band is doing right now. Thats more like Underoath shit.
SCREAMO-ISH

YourMom
08-06-2006, 07:32 PM
I'd have to agree that isn't Metal. It's more along the lines of metalCORE. Hehe, next to sounds like it says "like nothing you have ever heard of before", but I'm pretty sure I've heard it hundreds of times on MTV 2's Headbanger's Ball or on Sirius Hard Attack and the suchlike. Anyway, the vocals do suck, the clean parts at least. The guy needs more control coupled with singing lessons. And your band will probably sound much better with an actual drummer instead of a drum machine, hah. One thing I did like though was the bass. It's sounds so awesome and progessive, especially on the track "One Time." So kudos to your bassist.

unclemole
08-06-2006, 08:11 PM
yes. my bassist IS killer. but yeah no drummer yet! not sure what metalcore is. just making some good music! thanks for teh support. and yes the vocals do need work. we're recording tomorrow so ill keep everything you guys said, in mind. thanks guys

keep listening up and spreading the word.

riskitforabiscuit
08-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Stop fucking around with the whole -core this emo this surrounding metal. I keep hearing things like Emo Metal, Metalcore, Progessive Metal.

IT'S FUCKING METAL!

Ynot
08-07-2006, 04:56 AM
Stop fucking around with the whole -core this emo this surrounding metal. I keep hearing things like Emo Metal, Metalcore, Progessive Metal.

IT'S FUCKING METAL!
well some people like to specify so they could know exactly what they're getting.

NickG
08-07-2006, 04:58 AM
i dont care what you genre you say you are, but you dont sound like the bands you listed sooo... you lied to me

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
08-07-2006, 05:04 AM

IT'S FUCKING METAL!

No, it's metalcore at the LEAST.

And like Ynot said, its to specify what you're exactly getting when you hear them, it saves alot of people from being mislead and confused.

Century Child
08-07-2006, 05:12 AM
I heard that Cryptic Slaughter was death metal, but they ended up sounding more punk rock then anything.

Marevix
08-07-2006, 08:10 AM
I like the music, but the vocals could use some reworking. Use an easier vocal style or find a new vocalist. However, if you're going to borrow the opening riff of CoB's Lake Bodom, rework it a little more.

YourMom
08-07-2006, 12:48 PM
undemole, Metalcore is usually used to describe your band and most of the bands you listen to. Here's some snipets from the Wikipedia article to help you understand:

"Metalcore is a musical genre consisting of a mix between heavy metal and hardcore punk."

Later scene
[...]
"One sound that has become immensely popular (dubbed by fans as "Gothencore") is to mix Gothenburg melodic death metal, popularized by bands such as At the Gates and In Flames, together with old school metalcore. Today, many popular metalcore bands play this style, including Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Caliban, Bleeding Through, Fall to Grace, Inner Surge, As I Lay Dying, Parkway Drive, All That Remains, Shadows Fall and Unearth."

Metalcore is mostly used by scene kids/fans, but some artists themselves do acknowledge the term too. If you actually know the scene like I do, you'd know that "real" Metal fans don't like it when those type of bands are pushed off as Metal. In fact, they hate it and laugh at it, hah.

Basically, the only real Metal genres flourishing today are Death, Black, Progressive, Power and Doom Metal--and you don't belong in any of those.

riskitforabiscuit, it's the only useful way of separating bands. Sure they're all "Metal" (except there's no such thing as Emo Metal, that might be a joke), but there are differences that exist and that should be acknowledged. And I'd agree with what RATTM. I mean, you wouldn't call a Punk band Metal when they're obviously just Punk, but they both fall under Rock no? Let's just call everything with guitars, drums and bass Rock!

CC, I think the only reason people call Cryptic Slaughter a DM band, is because they were allegedly the first to ever use blast beats. Besides that they are kind of a Punk band, with some Thrash Metal mixed in too.

unclemole
08-07-2006, 10:13 PM
alright, thanx for the lesson...though ive never really divided anything up like that. metal is just something you can rock out to. punk is something you hardcore dance to lol. i consider ourselves metal. NOT: death metal. black metal. melodic metal. . doom metal. not "metal core". especially since i cant stand punk music and i think we shound nothing like it. punk is nothing but a bunch of people trying to play barr chords as fast as they can.

whatever. just want you to listen to our ***** not figure out what genre we're trying to be in.

riskitforabiscuit
08-07-2006, 10:54 PM
YourMum, of course I agree that classification is required but it is void if we keep narrowing every genre down to a million pieces.

Century Child
08-08-2006, 12:33 AM
We if there was narrowing down on types of music then a lot of bands that sound so different would be in the same class of music.

Zeroskater11
08-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Id say it was decent, but lame that you have a drum machine for the drums. Try to find a new singer and a drummer, you guys would be pretty sick. Oh, and change your name, its kind of stupid.

star_skater
08-08-2006, 06:09 PM
link didnt work for me ..

unclemole
08-09-2006, 01:11 AM
Id say it was decent, but lame that you have a drum machine for the drums. Try to find a new singer and a drummer, you guys would be pretty sick. Oh, and change your name, its kind of stupid.

we dont really have a name yet. godsbane was dumb and i hated it. "to be announced" isnt a band name... vocals are being redone.. and drummers... probably the hardest thing to come by. we've been trying them out for about a year and no luck. all the good ones are over 60 miles away, and dont say we arent looking hard enough... believe me, WE ARE. so we just decided we would write some songs and record them. that way before we try a drummer out, we say if you can't play stuff like this, then dont try out. most of em are unreliable pot head drunks that cant remember anything from the pratice before. that or they just suck. work past the drum machine like NIN fans.

Century Child
08-09-2006, 01:26 AM
To tell the truth don't worry about the name yet, cause whats more important, music or band name? Just focus on the music for now and the name will come later.

OR: You can use my band's old name before I changed it..

Rituals of Impure Blood (sorta black metal-ish, thats why I changed it to a new more death-ish name).

unclemole
08-09-2006, 03:03 PM
we have a couple in the works!

YourMom
08-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I heard drummers are hardest to come by when you looking to make a metal band. *Wishes you the best of luck*

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
08-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I heard drummers are hardest to come by when you looking to make a metal band. *Wishes you the best of luck*

YES IT IS!

unclemole
08-20-2006, 06:50 PM
oh btw/bump... we finally settled on a name... check the NEW link!

www.myspace.com/meetthymaker

jakeman
08-27-2006, 05:41 AM
that sounds awesome the shouter is good usually band like these the shouters are crap so... yeh i like it =]