PDA

View Full Version : Oi/Street punk anyone?

Stealing People's Mail
07-28-2006, 06:57 PM
these are both two of my favorite types of punk, and since they're kinda, sorta similar i decide to group them in this thread. so, what's everyone's favorite street or oi punk bands?

some of mine are: career soldiers, the oi scouts, clit 45, cockney rejects, the unseen, cheap sex, the exploited, lower class brats, cock sparrer, the virus, sham 69, the business, the virus, 4-skins, a global threat, skeptix.

edit: i'd be surprised if this thread gets more than 2 posts....

White_Peach
07-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Green Day is street punk, right?

Stealing People's Mail
07-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Green Day is street punk, right?
ahh, shit. how could i have forgotten them.

White_Peach
07-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Never forget the classics man. :-P

Klausfloride
07-28-2006, 07:06 PM
i used to like oi a hell of alot. I still like Sham 69, but that about it.

i used to like cockney rejects, anti-heros, the business, cock sparrer and some others but my interest kindof wained. Ive never liked "street punk", every band ive heard under that genre i hate. I fucking hate the casualties, a bunch of fake arrogant opurtunist.

givehugsnotdrugs
07-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Street Punk=no

I call that Fashion Punk. Oi, yes. I'm not even going to bother with a list here because I've done it dozens of times, and we all know all the oi bands really.

I'd rather have my music be about something, and I just can't get that from street punk. That, or have it sound good, and someone screaming "EAT A BOWL OF FUUUCKK" or something like that.

There's some street punk bands taht I used to listen too, like A Global Threat and The Unsees. Their early albums were great, but they've gotten so much worse. I do listen to the Oi Scouts on occasion. I'd rather listen to anarcho/crust/whatever other generes i can't remember

White_Peach
07-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Street Punk=no

I call that Fashion Punk. Oi, yes. I'm not even going to bother with a list here because I've done it dozens of times, and we all know all the oi bands really.

I'd rather have my music be about something, and I just can't get that from street punk. That, or have it sound good, and someone screaming "EAT A BOWL OF FUUUCKK" or something like that.

There's some street punk bands taht I used to listen too, like A Global Threat and The Unsees. Their early albums were great, but they've gotten so much worse. I do listen to the Oi Scouts on occasion. I'd rather listen to anarcho/crust/whatever other generes i can't remember

You mean the Unseen? They're alright.

Klausfloride
07-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Street Punk=no

i agree. Street punk just suburban kids with spiky dyed hair singing about being punks. I mean ive read some unseen lyrics, one is about being a punk. their nothing but sterotypes, they go no deeper than their clothes.

White_Peach
07-28-2006, 07:51 PM
i agree. Street punk just suburban kids with spiky dyed hair singing about being punks. I mean ive read some unseen lyrics, one is about being a punk. their nothing but sterotypes, they go no deeper than their clothes.
Could it have been a song earlier in their career? sometimes people just like the look some person has and want it. That sounds like what they did. I mean, in other songs they talk about social security, laws and stuff like that.

Klausfloride
07-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Could it have been a song earlier in their career? sometimes people just like the look some person has and want it. That sounds like what they did. I mean, in other songs they talk about social security, laws and stuff like that.
what are you trying to say? And are you saying defining yourself based on looks is okay? I hope not, but my point remains. Nothing but mindless clones. And i could right a song that says " the "____" las sucks" over and voer again but that doesn't make me anymore intelligent.

White_Peach
07-29-2006, 06:35 AM
what are you trying to say? And are you saying defining yourself based on looks is okay? I hope not, but my point remains. Nothing but mindless clones. And i could right a song that says " the "____" las sucks" over and voer again but that doesn't make me anymore intelligent.
No I am in no way claiming that. I am not a punk, nor claim to be as well.

Klausfloride
07-29-2006, 07:08 AM
No I am in no way claiming that. I am not a punk, nor claim to be as well.
yeah i didn't think you were. i really see no point in having a seterptype that goes along with music. Like that is you listen to psyche folk your a hippe and rockabilly your a greaser and punk your a punk. I get really mad at that shit it so stupid. I hate when people try to struggle to classify me, i get really mad and tell them what does it matter im a person.

This is main reason i don't like street punk. Every band i ver heard has been to busy classifing them selves. Im with GHND, i like crust and anarcho. All the bands i like in that genre seem to not really be concerned with pety things such as what you were. They don't even seem to care about genre, Flux of Pink Indains had one album that is like a afro-beat dance band. I listen fro the lyrics.

HabitatSkater
07-29-2006, 11:09 AM
The Virus
A Global Threat
Cheap Sex
The Unseen
The Exploited
Lower Class Brats
Total Chaos
Crass
Scholastic Deth
Wasted Youth

HabitatSkater
07-29-2006, 11:10 AM
yeah i didn't think you were. i really see no point in having a seterptype that goes along with music. Like that is you listen to psyche folk your a hippe and rockabilly your a greaser and punk your a punk. I get really mad at that shit it so stupid. I hate when people try to struggle to classify me, i get really mad and tell them what does it matter im a person.

This is main reason i don't like street punk. Every band i ver heard has been to busy classifing them selves. Im with GHND, i like crust and anarcho. All the bands i like in that genre seem to not really be concerned with pety things such as what you were. They don't even seem to care about genre, Flux of Pink Indains had one album that is like a afro-beat dance band. I listen fro the lyrics.
PUNX UNITE! OI OI OI!!!