PDA

View Full Version : I need some more heavy metal!!!

dain84
07-22-2006, 08:43 PM
Hook a brotha up. Here's some bands I love.

Dragonforce
Anthrax
Megadeth
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
Metallica
Corrosion of Conformity

Any bands I should check out? I just want something that rocks, that doesn't have constant screaming and/or growling.

masterkickflip
07-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Ratm?

Bob Dole Wears Circas
07-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Cannibal Corpse
Gwar

dain84
07-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Ratm?
I've loved them for about a year. And to the guy that said Cannibal Corpse and GWAR, way to read my post, dumbass.

Among The Living
07-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Slayer, Exodus, Kreator, Machine Head, and Fear Factory(newer) are some ones I'd recommend.

HabitatSkater
07-22-2006, 09:06 PM
You might like Ministry.

star_skater
07-22-2006, 09:45 PM
pantera

FinnishFire
07-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Demons And Wizards
Facktion
RAmmstein!!

dain84
07-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Does anyone know the name of a band from sometime in the last 10 years that had an album that was like, a landscape or something, and it was blue in color? It had this song that I think might be pretty famous that had a sick-ass riff.

Bob Dole Wears Circas
07-22-2006, 09:51 PM
I've loved them for about a year. And to the guy that said Cannibal Corpse and GWAR, way to read my post, dumbass.
Eh, Gwar isn't really constant screaming and growling. And yes, sorry, I am a dumbass.

Bob Dole Wears Circas
07-22-2006, 09:52 PM
You might like Nightwish. It's opera infused with metal. It's way badass. And you can tell what the singer is saying.

iplaydrums
07-22-2006, 10:23 PM
Pantera, Black Label Society and Venom.

damo
07-22-2006, 10:49 PM
get some savatage. they kick ass if u like classic heavy metal. the singer has got an amazing voice and the rest of the band are nuts as well. seriously, u'll love the album 'hall of the mountain king' by em. download!
also, try some symphony x, (progressive/speed/heavy, great singer and instrumentals are awesome) especially their newer stuff.
or testament (thrash/speed), one of my favourite heavy bands.
and for something a bit strange, but cool nonetheless, try some primus if u havent already got it. its like a weird funk metal with a vocalist who sounds like an insane ringleader at some infernal circus. anyway, get some pork soda and sailing the seas of cheese by em.

xCxCxHx
07-22-2006, 11:03 PM
besides a lot of the bands already listed, it is pretty hard to find an awesome metal band that meets your guidelines of not having constant growling or screaming.

hope that made sense.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
07-23-2006, 12:21 AM
Over Kill and 3 Inches of Blood

fat_poser
07-23-2006, 01:27 AM
I second Pantera.
In Flames is only moderate growling...

Try Ill Nino; not my kind of ***** but some dude put it on at work and it didn't sound too bad.

Kreator

built_to_last
07-23-2006, 01:32 AM
iced earth
grave digger

YourMom
07-23-2006, 01:34 AM
Couldn't agree more with damo, Savatage, Symphony X and Testament (especially with Alex Skolnick who was also in Savatage) are all very good.

Other classic bands:
Fates Warning - The Spectre Within, Night On Bröcken, Awaken The Guardian
Battleaxe - Burn This Town
DIO - Holy Diver, Last In Line, Dream Evil
Saxon - Denim And Leather
Mercyful Fate - Melissa, Don't Break The Oath
King Diamond - Abigail, Fatal Portrait
Tank - Filth Hounds Of Hades
Riot - Fire Down Under
Helloween - Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part I
Metal Church - Metal Church
Running Wild - Gates To Purgatory

You might want to check out Jag Panzer, Virgin Steele, Manilla Road, Helstar, Angel Dust and Manowar too...

Classic Thrash/Speed:
Dark Angel - We Have Arrived
Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare
Nuclear Assault - Game Over
Annihilator - Alice In Hell
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Flotsam and Jetsam - Doomsday For The Deceiver [Jason Newsted's older band]
Artillery - By Inheritance

OK, now for more recent stuff

Power Metal:
Hibria - Defying The Rules
Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
Rage - Soundchaser
Angra - Temple Of Shadows
Kamelot - Karma
Nocturnal Rites - Shadowland

Miscellaneous:
Early Man - Early Man
Electrocution 250 - Electronic Cartoon Music From Hell [Instrumental album with tons of shredding]
Mastery - Lethal Legacy [Instrumental Thrash/Speed Metal EP]

That's all to my knowledge. Some bands and albums may be harder to track down than others but they're all worth a listen I say. RATTM made a thread about Municipal Waste and they seem really good. Might want to check them out, I know I am.

masterkickflip
07-23-2006, 02:19 AM
Does anyone know the name of a band from sometime in the last 10 years that had an album that was like, a landscape or something, and it was blue in color? It had this song that I think might be pretty famous that had a sick-ass riff.

I believe that might be Audioslave-Out of Exile but I could be wrong.

fat_poser
07-23-2006, 02:19 AM
mmmmmm....dio

Punk-Rocker
07-23-2006, 02:44 AM
Saxon
Within Temptation
Nightwish
lacuna Coil

dutch madman
07-23-2006, 02:53 AM
you might just like celldweller

Klausfloride
07-23-2006, 06:33 AM
Try some neo-classical metal like Yngwie Malmsteen or Symphony X, or X.

But i can't really help you with your specifications, becasue i know alot that growl and i some dark ambeint. I also have a ton of crust/grindcore but i know you will hate it becasue of the lyrics.

ZeroSkater1235
07-23-2006, 07:23 AM
check out a band called pentagram download a song called forever my queen and check out a band called diamond head

the_unknown_soldier
07-23-2006, 07:59 AM
what about ozzy osbourne? even though he was better off with sabbath, i still think he made it well as a solo artist.

Snake
07-23-2006, 09:27 AM
what about ozzy osbourne? even though he was better off with sabbath, i still think he made it well as a solo artist.
Bark at the moon is a great song man.

RonsoFromTheDirtySouth
07-23-2006, 09:32 AM
Atreyu, bleeding through, all that remains, unearth, hatebreed,...

dain84
07-23-2006, 10:42 AM
I second Pantera.
In Flames is only moderate growling...

Try Ill Nino; not my kind of ***** but some dude put it on at work and it didn't sound too bad.

Kreator
Pantera... some songs are alright, but I can't stand Phil. In Flames has great music, but the vocals don't go down with me on most songs. Ill Nino is alright I guess.

dain84
07-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Flotsam and Jetsam - Doomsday For The Deceiver [Jason Newsted's older band]

My dad was friends with Jason when he was in that band.

dain84
07-23-2006, 10:46 AM
I believe that might be Audioslave-Out of Exile but I could be wrong.
Nope, it's older than that, and I have the Audioslave cd. I always thought it was CoC, but it's not.

And to whoever said Dio, what songs? I love everything I've heard my dad play from him.

EDIT: EVERYONE, POST SONGS FOR ME TO DOWNLOAD.

Marevix
07-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Try Stratovarius, Warmen, Iced Earth, Cellador (not sure, but I hear they sound like Dragonforce), Slayer, and just about anything RATTM reccomends.

igrindtwinkies
07-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Nope, it's older than that, and I have the Audioslave cd. I always thought it was CoC, but it's not.

And to whoever said Dio, what songs? I love everything I've heard my dad play from him.

EDIT: EVERYONE, POST SONGS FOR ME TO DOWNLOAD.
Slayer:Raining Blood, Angel of Death

Century Child
07-23-2006, 12:51 PM
You might like Nightwish. It's opera infused with metal. It's way badass. And you can tell what the singer is saying.

He already likes Nightwish and their not metal they are rock.

I wonder who told him about Nightwish?

But I'd say Kittie (some growls and screams)

Suck
Brackish
Mouthful of Poison
What I always wanted
Do You Think Im a Whore

dain84
07-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Slayer:Raining Blood, Angel of Death
I've always loved AoD, I'll download Raining Blood.

Century Child
07-23-2006, 01:13 PM
I like Slayers song Bloodline

But you should check out Ritual Carnage

Thrist for Blood or I Am War

EXODUS
07-23-2006, 01:57 PM
i say exodus

Rubber_band_man
07-23-2006, 02:03 PM
damageplan, guitars and drums from pantera but different singer and bassist. only about 12 songs, because of the passing of dimebag RIP.

Fistful of Satan
07-24-2006, 08:06 AM
well YourMom had a really good list but some good ones that i donr think have been said are:
Angel Witch-Angel Witch
Pentagram-Day of Reconing
Icarus Witch-Capture The Magic
Grave Digger-Witch Hunter
Rainbow-Ritchie Blackmores Rainbow

the_unknown_soldier
07-24-2006, 08:15 AM
Bark at the moon is a great song man.
yeah man, i love the speed of that song. but no guitarist will replace randy's greatness. R.I.P RANDY RHODES.

Blind_rider69
07-24-2006, 08:17 AM
You could try Yngwie Malmsteen like the other guy said he is kick ass. or u could try the scorpions, spinal tap, or u could try van halen, queen jimi HenDrix, kiss, Nazareth, or Ted Nugent.

Rubber_band_man
07-24-2006, 08:47 AM
You could try Yngwie Malmsteen like the other guy said he is kick ass. or u could try the scorpions, spinal tap, or u could try van halen, queen jimi HenDrix, kiss, Nazareth, or Ted Nugent.

i duno why my amp goes to 11 it just does. YES BEST MOVIE EVER!!!

flip1607
07-24-2006, 09:24 AM
bloodbath
lamb of god
krisiun
hastethe day
slipknot
a life once lost
kataklysm

...the stuff you posted isnt heavy metal.

dain84
07-24-2006, 09:54 AM
bloodbath
lamb of god
krisiun
hastethe day
slipknot
a life once lost
kataklysm

You're a fucking idiot if you don't think Black Sabbath, DragonForce, and old Metallica is metal.

Go download the song Dyers Eve by Metallica and try to tell me that's not metal. Just listen to the drumming, the guitars, and the vocals. And if you don't think Sabbath is metal, you better read up on the history of metal.

flip1607
07-24-2006, 09:59 AM
You're a fucking idiot if you don't think Black Sabbath, DragonForce, and old Metallica is metal.

Go download the song Dyers Eve by Metallica and try to tell me that's not metal. Just listen to the drumming, the guitars, and the vocals. And if you don't think Sabbath is metal, you better read up on the history of metal.

i aint dling no metallica ***** it isnt metal

mkcrank mulisha
07-24-2006, 10:04 AM
they most likely will be on half of todays modern metal bands influences.

Dark Haven's a small band but they're pretty good, Amon Amarth, there's that one band wit the good female singer but i cant remember there name.

dain84
07-24-2006, 10:05 AM
i aint dling no metallica ***** it isnt metal
You're a fucking idiot if you don't think Metallica was metal before they sold out. They were actually one of the firt thrash metal bands to release an album. Just download Dyers Eve, it won't take any time, it doesn't cost you any money, just hear it. It's full of blast beats, fast solos, and near-screaming vocals. also Fight Fire With Fire doesn't sound like Metallica, and it's a great thrash song.

Or remain an ignorant son of a bitch.

"To know where you are going, you must know your past."

flip1607
07-24-2006, 10:09 AM
ill dl it when i get home im at a friends

YourMom
07-24-2006, 10:20 AM
flip1607, you need to go back and learn what the hell actual Metal is if you don't think bands like Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden belong in the genre. Metal isn't no recent thing you know. It's been around since the late 60s with tons of bands contributing to its sounds, especially Black Sabbath and Judas Priest who were only playing at bars or other type of venues at the time.

If you don't believe Metallica were Metal well then you need to go back and listen to their album "Kill 'Em All" since that's what basically started extreme Metal here in the States.

YourMom
07-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Fistful, a band like Angel Witch is damn good. But I never thought of mentioning them because they're too obscure I think. I've yet to get one of their albums actually, but I've heard a couple of their songs. If anyone else is interested in NWOBHM bands, you should check out Praying Mantis. Very Proggy with great guitarwork, unlike no other band from that period.

Great DIO songs:
Stand Up And Shout
Holy Diver
Don't Talk To Strangers
Rainbow In The Dark
We Rock
Last In Line
I Speed At Night
Night People
Dream Evil
Strange Highways

dain84
07-24-2006, 11:16 AM
Fistful, a band like Angel Witch is damn good. But I never thought of mentioning them because they're too obscure I think. I've yet to get one of their albums actually, but I've heard a couple of their songs. If anyone else is interested in NWOBHM bands, you should check out Praying Mantis. Very Proggy with great guitarwork, unlike no other band from that period.

Great DIO songs:
Stand Up And Shout
Holy Diver
Don't Talk To Strangers
Rainbow In The Dark
We Rock
Last In Line
I Speed At Night
Night People
Dream Evil
Strange Highways
Yeah Holy Diver and Rainbow in the Dark are constantly played on the radio here. I'll check out those others. Also, did Dio do a song with Sabbath called Heaven and Hell? I heard something like that and it was really good.

YourMom
07-24-2006, 11:25 AM
He did DO that whole album with Sabbath because they had just previously kecked out Ozzy for his drug problems and what not. Ronnie James Dio also did the vocals for the album "Mob Rules," but then he left to create his own band after that. The song you're refering to is "Neon Knights" though I think. It's pretty killer, one of the best CD openers ever.

dain84
07-24-2006, 11:33 AM
He did DO that whole album with Sabbath because they had just previously kecked out Ozzy for his drug problems and what not. Ronnie James Dio also did the vocals for the album "Mob Rules," but then he left to create his own band after that. The song you're refering to is "Neon Knights" though I think. It's pretty killer, one of the best CD openers ever.
Yeah I knew he was in Sabbath. I was listening to House of Hair with Dee Snider and for some reason they played that song, and it was badass. Thanks for telling me the actual name.

Fistful of Satan
07-24-2006, 11:45 AM
bloodbath
lamb of god
krisiun
hastethe day
slipknot
a life once lost
kataklysm

Bloodbath is a fine death metal band, LoG not so good, Krisiun are a repetitive death band who it toke me a minute to realize that the song wasent skiping but thats how it was suposed to sound. and if you think that haste the day, slipknot and a life once lost are metal but then call Gods of metal such as Maiden, Priest, and sabbath not metal then you should shot your self. and last off kataklysm were good up to Temple of Knowlege then they started to suck some bigold penis.

learn about real metal.

raggy boy
07-25-2006, 03:46 AM
Metal Church
Saxon
Angel Witch
(Early) Exodus
Dragon fly
Marowar
Rainbow
keel
helix
Dio
Bruce Dickinson
Halford
Blue Oyster Cult
Blind Guardian
Saxon

I will find more, I have to go now. Taa taa.